News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ldno

99 is the last group of the night, called around 6:30pm (15 groups less than yesterday).
15 groups? So what are your thoughts on it, do you think it’s a good sign considering the increased ride capacity with more families in the interrogation room and ride vehicles?

Unbanshee

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even though most of the info in the blog mickey post is stuff we've seen before, I think the info and graph at the end of their post is interesting as it relates to "increased capacity"

I like BlogMickey, but, why would anyone use green for the bad stat and red for the good stat?!

Gillyanne

I'm sure there's an answer to this somewhere, but I hadn't paid much attention b/c no one in my family was interested in riding until now. When your boarding group is called, is it a time period that you have to be there in? (so say Groups 1-3 are called, do you have an hr to get in line?) or is it basically as long as your number has been called, you can go even if it's 2-3 hours later?

Between my mom and I will probably get too sick to ride, and that we usually never get at the parks at park open, we never tried. Now that we can do the passes from the Apt in the AM and my Step dad will be coming (and can ride w/ the niece) I'm curious if we get an earlier number if we'll have to hustle to get there or if they get called while we're getting ready/on the way if they'll still have time to get there and just head over there first...

Capsin4

Even though most of the info in the blog mickey post is stuff we've seen before, I think the info and graph at the end of their post is interesting as it relates to "increased capacity"

That’s interesting. Seems like it would make sense to increase the size of boarding groups since they would seem to want to call people in at a rate correlated to capacity, but then I’d expect the number of boarding groups to remain pretty much the same. Something else seems to be going on.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sure there's an answer to this somewhere, but I hadn't paid much attention b/c no one in my family was interested in riding until now. When your boarding group is called, is it a time period that you have to be there in? (so say Groups 1-3 are called, do you have an hr to get in line?) or is it basically as long as your number has been called, you can go even if it's 2-3 hours later?

Between my mom and I will probably get too sick to ride, and that we usually never get at the parks at park open, we never tried. Now that we can do the passes from the Apt in the AM and my Step dad will be coming (and can ride w/ the niece) I'm curious if we get an earlier number if we'll have to hustle to get there or if they get called while we're getting ready/on the way if they'll still have time to get there and just head over there first...
Yes there is a window. The app gives a boarding group range that is currently being accepted. The amount of time that the window is open varies. You probably have somewhere around an hour.

kadybat

Groups began calling just before 10:15am today.
Interesting that group call time was delayed this morning. I was hopeful from an ops perspective that yesterday’s 9:45 call would be the rule rather than the exception. Might be just “ride wasn’t working” though, so hopefully we’ll see the next week trend earlier rather than later. Opening the ride earlier allows more groups to cycle through, after all.

YodaMan

That’s interesting. Seems like it would make sense to increase the size of boarding groups since they would seem to want to call people in at a rate correlated to capacity, but then I’d expect the number of boarding groups to remain pretty much the same. Something else seems to be going on.

I mean, the number of boarding groups called per hour has pretty much remained constant compared to when the ride first opened in December and when the ride reopened in July with reduced capacity and when the ride doubled that capacity in October with plexiglass. It’s almost definite that the number of guests per boarding group has increased/decreased as ride capacity has changed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We have a PPR for 11/07 so I get to see 4 days on how this works. You know there will be at least a few “flies in the ointment” 😂
I thought the Florida term was "sand in the bathing suit."

Optionally, "flies in the suntan lotion."

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the "nearby" is just a subtle way of suggesting people not snag a park pass and try for a group "just because they can".
Especially if they're in Texas... ;)

Last edited:

RichKermitFan

I mean, the number of boarding groups called per hour has pretty much remained constant compared to when the ride first opened in December and when the ride reopened in July with reduced capacity and when the ride doubled that capacity in October with plexiglass. It’s almost definite that the number of guests per boarding group has increased/decreased as ride capacity has changed.
To me it’s pretty obvious they increased the size of the boarding groups. Boarding a vehicle now would increase from just one party per vehicle in to two parties per vehicle. Therefore one “boarding” would be happening but it would be two parties instead of one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom