News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

dX927

Apparently Smugglers Run opens as soon as people are let inside the park, along with other rides like MMRR.

Can confirm this as well. I went on Friday with friends and we managed to get in line for and ride Toy Story Mania (with a 20 minute wait time) and still had enough time to get a boarding pass for ROTR.

KevinPage

Soooooo, are we thinking that Disney is smart enough and/or tech savvy enough to block anyone who DOESN’T have a PPR tomorrow from getting a BG?

Joel

Soooooo, are we thinking that Disney is smart enough and/or tech savvy enough to block anyone who DOESN’T have a PPR tomorrow from getting a BG?
There's no way they let people without a Studios reservation get a BG, although I hope it accidentally happens just for the entertainment factor.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1604369646136.png

Ldno

Today should be an interesting day all things considered regarding this ride’s new Method of geofencing! Curious to see the metrics regarding this

Dapale

Today should be an interesting day all things considered regarding this ride’s new Method of geofencing! Curious to see the metrics regarding this
I am almost entirely sure they aren’t using any location services to determine if you can get a boarding group. My guess was it was just fluff Disney blog talk.

They’re just going to check if you have a valid ticket and a valid park reservation for the specific day you’re trying to get the boarding group

breyes

I am almost entirely sure they aren’t using any location services to determine if you can get a boarding group. My guess was it was just fluff Disney blog talk.

They’re just going to check if you have a valid ticket and a valid park reservation for the specific day you’re trying to get the boarding group
Someone was saying that it would be fair to let the people staying in Disney property to have a first go at it at 7am, however, wouldn't there at least be a time slot allotted for the rest of us? I may not have paid to stay at a resort, but I did pay to get in the park. Hopefully the system will only check if you have a reservation for the day.

durangojim

95D15E46-EA97-4BA6-9B2F-A5B90DC6B8F9.jpg

Where things worked about as perfectly as they could have 2 days ago, today not so much. Joined at 7 and the app auto selected my wife and kids, however, my parents who are at a different resort needed to be clicked on, then after that it said my dad did not have a park pass (which he does). I had to remove him and then go back. As you can see that bumped us down the line pretty far. This is great for those who don’t mind be awake at 7 like me but only if everyone is on the same resort reservation. Otherwise I see no way of getting one of the first groups of boarding passes.

Billster

My wife and I both attempted to grab a boarding group from our hotel room at 7:00 this morning. We are staying off site at a hotel located on Palm Parkway near the Crossroads shopping center. I was slightly ahead of my wife when going through the process. We are the only two in our party and both have reservations for the park. My wife was not auto selected when I went through the app. However, I was auto selected as she went through the process on her phone. I was able to select her and was successful in getting a group (group 7). I just found it odd that she was not auto-selected when I ran through the app and thought I would post the information here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom