News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

PolynesianPrincess

What time are HS gates currently “unofficially” opening? If parking lot is blocked until 9:15a (true?) is walking in from Boardwalk etc the best option for being at the front?

This is what I'm wondering as well. We're taking the bus (or an Uber if the bus line looks too long) and want to make sure we are IN the park before 10am

revancho

Got in the park at 9:40. So many people here! Thought I would head towards Galaxy’s Edge because it would be less crowded and that’s where I successfully pulled group 6 in July. But it was packed all over, and I got nothing today.

Are we sure they haven’t increased capacity for reservations? It’s Wednesday at 10:45 and this place feels way busier than late July. And when I looked this morning, there were still reservations available for all categories. I cannot fathom how GSATs could be high.

KevinPage

Got in the park at 9:40. So many people here! Thought I would head towards Galaxy’s Edge because it would be less crowded and that’s where I successfully pulled group 6 in July. But it was packed all over, and I got nothing today.

Are we sure they haven’t increased capacity for reservations? It’s Wednesday at 10:45 and this place feels way busier than late July. And when I looked this morning, there were still reservations available for all categories. I cannot fathom how GSATs could be high.

Disney has made no announcements but I’ve gone to a park almost every weekend since mid July and gone are the 0-15 minute waits in almost all attractions.

DHS rarely gets below 30 minutes (posted) for anything these days on weekends. Generally DHS is 30-90 minutes posted wait times all around.

Heck, Muppets had a 30 minute posted time on Saturday.

If I had to venture a guess Disney increased the caps AND people are generally more comfortable going out as time goes on, so you have 2 things suddenly causing crowds that didn’t exist a month ago.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My wife and her friend got a BG this morning. But she also said crowds are insane. An hour wait for the Skyliner at CBR this morning.

I’m not sure if caps were raised, but where are the people coming from to fill them? You would think it would have to be locals but I honestly don’t know.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just took this. RnRC is 55, btw.

8A716A7C-6321-4032-A53C-4FEB7E4BDDE3.png

brettf22

Premium Member
This is what I'm wondering as well. We're taking the bus (or an Uber if the bus line looks too long) and want to make sure we are IN the park before 10am
I would suggest the Uber/Lyft. From my experience two weeks ago (at Pop), trying to get to any of the parks at opening was a nightmare via bus, as in people lining up for buses an hour and a half or more before park opening. With reduced capacity, if they got 15 people on a bus, they were doing well. An hour before park opening, there were over a hundred people in line for the MK and AK buses, which probably required 10+ buses to accommodate.

Skyliner wasn't any help, since, even if they opened right on time (not guaranteed), and even if you got on the first gondola, you were now at the end of the line waiting at CBR.

Uber/Lyft was the only way to guarantee getting anywhere when I wanted. Per @Magic Feather's recommendation, for DHS, I took a Lyft to arrive at the entrance to Boardwalk (specifically at the intersection of E Buena Vista Dr and Epcot Resorts Blvd) at 8:50am, got out at the intersection, and walked 5-7 minutes to DHS. They let people start lining up at the temperature checks at 9am or so, and let folks into the park around 9:20. I was able to get a ride on MMRR and Smuggler's Run before 10, then got Boarding Group 4 right at 10am.

gorillaball

I would suggest the Uber/Lyft. From my experience two weeks ago (at Pop), trying to get to any of the parks at opening was a nightmare via bus, as in people lining up for buses an hour and a half or more before park opening. With reduced capacity, if they got 15 people on a bus, they were doing well. An hour before park opening, there were over a hundred people in line for the MK and AK buses, which probably required 10+ buses to accommodate.

Skyliner wasn't any help, since, even if they opened right on time (not guaranteed), and even if you got on the first gondola, you were now at the end of the line waiting at CBR.

Uber/Lyft was the only way to guarantee getting anywhere when I wanted. Per @Magic Feather's recommendation, for DHS, I took a Lyft to arrive at the entrance to Boardwalk (specifically at the intersection of E Buena Vista Dr and Epcot Resorts Blvd) at 8:50am, got out at the intersection, and walked 5-7 minutes to DHS. They let people start lining up at the temperature checks at 9am or so, and let folks into the park around 9:20. I was able to get a ride on MMRR and Smuggler's Run before 10, then got Boarding Group 4 right at 10am.

Much appreciated.

Ldno

yeah but for the first time wver i am seeing no parks available on the reservations map, can’t imagine how packed the parks are now this weekend especially

KevinPage

I’m used to getting in the park by 9:20-9:30 and just sitting and waiting for the 10am frenzy, THEN getting in a queue for a ride.

Now I feel like a sucker for not taking advantage of getting a few things done before that 😂

brettf22

Premium Member
Much appreciated.
One more piece of bus info that is negative. They seemed to have removed the bus arrival times from both the MDE app and from the overhead signs at the resorts (at least at Pop). The overhead signs simply stated the times the buses were running that day, not the arrival time of the next bus. And the "See Bus Times" icon no longer appeared inside the Resort section of MDE, even when I was checked in and sitting at the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom