News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

See ya tomorrow. Jump on that refresh

D03B7DFD-9BE9-4D8B-8129-9D3C265689F6.png

Figments Friend

So a couple of quick questions for those who may know and can provide some insight for me.

First question -
Is there any way someone such as myself can aquire a 'Boarding Group' WITHOUT having internet access...as in having a cell phone / smart phone / wi fi connected tablet..?
I ask as i don't own a cell / smart phone and my tablet is apparently too 'old' as the current version of the WDW App is not compatible
Normally, i would just use my small wi-fi enabled tablet.....but the App wont' work on it anymore.

I will be at DHS in two weeks and wondered if there were a alternative.
It would only be me, one person.
Talk to a CM at the entrance of the Attraction?
Stop by Guest Relations...?
Any insights welcome.
:)

Second question - ( try to answer 'spoiler free' if possible )
Back some time ago i recall reading that this Attraction is supposed to have a drop during the ride experience, either a real one or a 'simulated' one.
I have not gone back and re-read details of what the Attraction experience entails exactly since it opened as i would like to be 'spoiler free'....but i am NOT a fan of the sensation one feels during ride drops.
Mild ones i can handle ( think 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad', 'PoTC'...etc. ).
More intense ones...id like to be aware of ( 'Splash Mountain', 'Expedition Everest', etc. )

Can someone rate the 'drop' ( if there is such a feature ) of 'Rise of the Resistance'..?
When compared to the four example Attractions i mentioned above, how would YOU rate the 'intensity' of the experience during just the 'drop' segment?
If there IS even a drop...like i said, i am totally 'spoiler free' and that includes video watching too.

I thank you in advance !

-

Magic Feather

So a couple of quick questions for those who may know and can provide some insight for me.

First question -
Is there any way someone such as myself can aquire a 'Boarding Group' WITHOUT having internet access...as in having a cell phone / smart phone / wi fi connected tablet..?
I ask as i don't own a cell / smart phone and my tablet is apparently too 'old' as the current version of the WDW App is not compatible
Normally, i would just use my small wi-fi enabled tablet.....but the App wont' work on it anymore.

I will be at DHS in two weeks and wondered if there were a alternative.
It would only be me, one person.
Talk to a CM at the entrance of the Attraction?
Stop by Guest Relations...?
Any insights welcome.

Second question - ( try to answer 'spoiler free' if possible )
Back some time ago i recall reading that this Attraction is supposed to have a drop during the ride experience, either a real one or a 'simulated' one.
I have not gone back and re-read details of what the Attraction experience entails exactly since it opened as i would like to be 'spoiler free'....but i am NOT a fan of the sensation one feels during ride drops.
Mild ones i can handle ( think 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad', 'PoTC'...etc. ).
More intense ones...id like to be aware of ( 'Splash Mountain', 'Expedition Everest', etc. )

Can someone rate the 'drop' ( if there is such a feature ) of 'Rise of the Resistance'..?
When compared to the four example Attractions i mentioned above, how would YOU rate the 'intensity' of the experience during just the 'drop' segment?
If there IS even a drop...like i said, i am totally 'spoiler free' and that includes video watching too.

I thank you in advance !

-
1) Yes, you can with a Guest Experience Team member, BUT it is incredibly difficult, as usually they can only help one person/party before they run out. To do this, you would need to arrive incredibly early, find an open person in a blue shirt ASAP and stay with them until BG’s drop. I’d really recommend finding a way to update the tablet software or borrow a friends phone though.

2) It is a small physical drop that last maybe a few seconds. Comparable in feeling to when Big Thunder suddenly drops and you pop out of your seat for a second. And, the drop is made ina way to where it is slightly difficult to tell that you are actually moving down, similar to Flight of Passage.

Figments Friend

1) Yes, you can with a Guest Experience Team member, BUT it is incredibly difficult, as usually they can only help one person/party before they run out. To do this, you would need to arrive incredibly early, find an open person in a blue shirt ASAP and stay with them until BG’s drop. I’d really recommend finding a way to update the tablet software or borrow a friends phone though.

2) It is a small physical drop that last maybe a few seconds. Comparable in feeling to when Big Thunder suddenly drops and you pop out of your seat for a second. And, the drop is made ina way to where it is slightly difficult to tell that you are actually moving down, similar to Flight of Passage.

Thank you very much Magic Feather for this info.
Appreciate your detailed description...and it sounds like i have nothing to worry about in regards to the 'drop'.

Third bonus question -

Is the pre-show(s) now for the most part still being skipped ...?
I recall this being discussed recently and i am assuming this is still the SOP.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom