News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

That was different. that was when the ride barley first opened and they had people in the queue. this is just a normal ride breakdown. no one should expect compensation.
No, previously if you had a "guaranteed" boarding group that was never called you would get an anytime BG good for the next day (or two). That's the reasoning behind distributing backup groups so compensation isn't expected.

rct247

Clearly states now "Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Rise of the Resistance." They don't have to give out anything.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

No, previously if you had a "guaranteed" boarding group that was never called you would get an anytime BG good for the next day (or two). That's the reasoning behind distributing backup groups so compensation isn't expected.
When the ride first openend. Now its just a normal ride break down with no comp since no boarding groups were called.

disneygeek90

When the ride first openend. Now its just a normal ride break down with no comp since no boarding groups were called.
What's the difference from a Boarding Group and Backup group then? I'm not arguing what should or shouldn't be comped, but from all accounts a standard Boarding Group is somewhat guaranteed.

Reservations are already hard to come by for AP's, and no park hopping limits what vacationers can do. Can't imagine how frustrated some are today when the receive BG 5 and never get to ride all day. If you're an AP, try again on September 15th I guess? Assuming you don't have work? If you're a Resort Guest, better change your plans.

Obviously the lightning was a unique circumstance, but I feel for the guests. I know how excited people are to ride this thing.

floydbeatle

ok. So does anyone know how long the ride will be down? Will it be working tomorrow or soon? I have a park pass for Friday and if ROTR is not working there is no need for me to be at DHS. So, with no park hopping I think Disney needs to be on top of whether or not they can get a ride going for the day. Otherwise, as I am sure people did, they stood around all day hoping to get the push notification only to find out late afternoon that the ride was closed for the day. If it is true, and the only people showing up are AP locals they probably didn't want all the AP holders leaving for the day.

disneygeek90

ok. So does anyone know how long the ride will be down? Will it be working tomorrow or soon? I have a park pass for Friday and if ROTR is not working there is no need for me to be at DHS. So, with no park hopping I think Disney needs to be on top of whether or not they can get a ride going for the day. Otherwise, as I am sure people did, they stood around all day hoping to get the push notification only to find out late afternoon that the ride was closed for the day. If it is true, and the only people showing up are AP locals they probably didn't want all the AP holders leaving for the day.
Impossible to know, but at least you have a few days of wiggle room. Should hopefully have a clearer picture tomorrow.

floydbeatle

Impossible to know, but at least you have a few days of wiggle room. Should hopefully have a clearer picture tomorrow.
Crossing my fingers this doesn't last longer than today. I am a resort guest, so I have every park available if I need to change a date. If the ROTR is down tomorrow, I may need to change our DHS date to next week.

Wendy Pleakley

Capacity is so low right now that if they gave everyone a boarding pass for tomorrow (or even the next week) instead, most of tomorrow's guests would be shut out.

It's unfortunate, especially with the lack of park hopping. For most tourists, it's probably their one and only day at the Studios.

It is what it is.

Magic Feather

In the event that any of you are there today and had a BG (especially in the first ~40), I’d highly recommend going to Guest Relations and (kindly) explaining you’re situation. Last I checked, standard guest response is (day depending) still authorized to be a one day ticket and a guaranteed ride for when they come back.
Don’t go in demanding anything, don’t be mean to the CM (you have no reason to be mad at them, specifically, even when mad at the situation), and just see if there is a way to ride (guaranteed) in the future.

disneygeek90

Capacity is so low right now that if they gave everyone a boarding pass for tomorrow (or even the next week) instead, most of tomorrow's guests would be shut out.

It's unfortunate, especially with the lack of park hopping. For most tourists, it's probably their one and only day at the Studios.

It is what it is.
Give them a day ticket + ROTR BG good through the end of the year. It’s not like the park is reaching capacity for Resort and Ticket holders.

KevinPage

Little did I know last December when they gave me a 1 Day Park hopper comp ticket for not getting to our boarding group (before they even started doing Backups) that I’d use it (exp 12/31/30)

I’m like, I have an AP and I’m not coming during a blackout period (too hot/crowded).

Well low and behold I used it on Friday to snag ride #35, during a time when my AP was blocked (and comp ticket make it easy to get a park pass reservation).

Talk about dumb luck 🤩😂🤩

But yeah, I’d talk to Guest Relations and politely ask what can they do given the circumstances. Heck, even if they won’t give you a BG, as long as you get a park ticket you have the ability to try again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No one can say. Opening summer in cars land, similar situation happened to rsr. It ended up frying part of the ride and it was down for almost 3 days.
The ride itself, as you may know, seems comparatively unscathed. The other thing should be fixed and Rise should reopen.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

It is what it is.
It's a shame that 'tourists' can't be given some sort of advantage over the legions of repeat riders on this attraction. There are so many posts from Annual Pass holders comparing what they've seen on their latest experience. I'm sure that the 'tourists' would really feel sorry for you when the sound effect was missing from a particular portion of the ride. We'll be visiting during Christmas week and will keep our fingers crossed that our 6 grandchildren get to experience it for the first time. I'm sure that repeat riders are taking up an awful lot of slots from visitors who will return home after being denied a boarding pass. :(

UNCgolf

It's a shame that 'tourists' can't be given some sort of advantage over the legions of repeat riders on this attraction. There are so many posts from Annual Pass holders comparing what they've seen on their latest experience. I'm sure that the 'tourists' would really feel sorry for you when the sound effect was missing from a particular portion of the ride. We'll be visiting during Christmas week and will keep our fingers crossed that our 6 grandchildren get to experience it for the first time. I'm sure that repeat riders are taking up an awful lot of slots from visitors who will return home after being denied a boarding pass. :(

Yeah.

I don't know that there's a good solution to this, but it does seem a bit... unfair? I don't think that's the right word, actually, but it's unfortunate that some people are getting on it for their 40th ride whereas people who are there for maybe one week for the next 5+ years miss out.

disneygeek90

Don't worry... repeat riders aren't going during Christmas. Talk about a nightmare (at least pre covid). When people comment on effects, it's because we are genuinely interested in the operation and reliability of the attraction. No repeat riders are complaining.

Anyway, this is all kind of moot at this point. AP's are blocked for HS through October.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom