News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

CalebS

I’m going next month and I am pretty nervous about getting a group. Its my first time going since ROTR opened. I only have one full DHS day. Am I understanding it right that all the tricks arent relevant anymore and its essentially just luck of clicking the button quick enough?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m going next month and I am pretty nervous about getting a group. I only have one full DHS day. Am I understanding it right that all the tricks arent relevant anymore and its essentially just luck of clicking the button quick enough?
Yes thats basically it. There are a few suggestions, such as restarting the app a few minutes before to ensure you don't have any app issues.

Good luck!

Scubacat

What was your secret to get BG 1, was it just fast fingers?
Beginner's luck. It was my first time ever trying! I was on the in-park wifi which seemed pretty fast.

1597080350894.png

EPICOT

I’m going next month and I am pretty nervous about getting a group. Its my first time going since ROTR opened. I only have one full DHS day. Am I understanding it right that all the tricks arent relevant anymore and its essentially just luck of clicking the button quick enough?

Yesterday was my first and probably only time trying, and I did 0 preparation until the day before. I’m sure some will say there are tricks to it, but it really just seems like fast fingers and a lot of luck.

KevinPage

Yesterday was my first and probably only time trying, and I did 0 preparation until the day before. I’m sure some will say there are tricks to it, but it really just seems like fast fingers and a lot of luck.

Luck = app not crashing on ya

Fastest fingers, some timing & knowing what to click certainty helps 🤩🤩🤩

KevinPage

Correct, until Master IT Jedi @Joel says otherwise, doesn’t matter when you load the app.

But some tips and tricks still apply that can help your chances and potentially avoid any pitfalls or mishaps, like: knowing the screens, when to click, deciding to use WIFI or cellular (and making sure you have full bars for them)

But no matter how many times I do it...
4F157BDC-DDCD-4462-B686-BBD3027C9B32.gif

disneygeek90

What was your secret to get BG 1, was it just fast fingers?
Beginner's luck. It was my first time ever trying! I was on the in-park wifi which seemed pretty fast.

View attachment 489927
Single riders are at a considerable advantage. It’s at least one less click. The more clicks needed in the group select screen, the worst your chances are. “Extra” friends on your list can also add to loading and scroll time.

Scubacat

Single riders are at a considerable advantage. It’s at least one less click. The more clicks needed in the group select screen, the worst your chances are. “Extra” friends on your list can also add to loading and scroll time.
For sure. This is obviously a very rough estimate but if 40 boarding groups are given out in around 40 seconds, that's one second per group. Still, there was a party of 4 right behind me going in, although they probably call a few groups right away so those folks may not have been in group #1.

Still, the earlier the group the better for me since you only get an hour to return and at some point the heat will force me back to the resort pool. (I thought it was supposed to be 2 hours but I'm pretty sure it only gave me 1 hour when I was "called".)

disneygeek90

For sure. This is obviously a very rough estimate but if 40 boarding groups are given out in around 40 seconds, that's one second per group. Still, there was a party of 4 right behind me going in, although they probably call a few groups right away so those folks may not have been in group #1.

Still, the earlier the group the better for me since you only get an hour to return and at some point the heat will force me back to the resort pool. (I thought it was supposed to be 2 hours but I'm pretty sure it only gave me 1 hour when I was "called".)
The earlier groups can sometimes be only one hour. I'm not sure if they're allowing 2 hours at any point in the day anymore since park hopping is not a thing.

KevinPage

Yeah they have only been giving 1 hour return windows now post COVID reopening (at least in the 3x I’ve been in the park last 2 weeks)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom