News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That’s actually pretty cool! I wasn’t aware that there was a holding loop in every show scene.
The only one I was aware of (only one that was recorded on video online) was if RVs were backed up in unloading and there’s a line of them leading to the escape pods. If RVs were stuck in the escape pod, extra dialogue would play and such. But I guess it’s a domino effect from there and would make sense that there’s a holding pattern for the show scenes before the escape pods. Genius!!
Holding loops aren’t anything new - I’ve experienced a few on Rat, which due to its nature like Rise has to disguise a cascade as purposeful. Other rides have them too - Space Mountain in Paris for example. Like Anaheim and Hong Kong it has to have a few seconds of extra music for each part of the ride to adjust for train speed, but Paris also has extra music for the pre launch Incase you’re stuck on the catapult.

The trick with them is to make them sound like they should be there, and when the next legitimate piece plays they blend together.

Last edited:

Jones14

Holding loops aren’t anything new - I’ve experienced a few on Rat, which due to its nature like Rise has to disguise a cascade as purposeful. Other rides have them too - Space Mountain in Paris for example. Like Anaheim and Hong Kong it has to have a few seconds of extra music for each part of the ride to adjust for train speed, but Paris also has extra music for the pre launch Incase you’re stuck on the catapult.

The trick with them is to make them sound like they should be there, and when the next legitimate piece plays they blend together.
When you refer to Paris Space Mountain, does that apply to From The Earth to The Moon, Mission 2, Hyperspace, or all 3?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When you refer to Paris Space Mountain, does that apply to From The Earth to The Moon, Mission 2, Hyperspace, or all 3?
All 3. Take mission one - the score is split into five sections. Station to launch, launch holding, launch to brake one, brake one to top of the lift, and top of lift to station. The onboard system adjusts the start of each loop depending on where the train is. It has a few seconds of leeway either way. Launch holding can loop indefinitely.

disneygeek90

I've experienced 2 different delays on Rise and, had that been my first ride, I would have assumed it was actually just part of the ride and natural unloading process.

Giss Neric

I disagree, I am a casual fan, NOT a super fan like many here. I would bet that 90% of Disney guests are also casual fans and would prefer to see Darth Vader (voted the Greatest Villain of all Time) rather than Klyo Ren (a light weight) and no one but the few super fans care whether or not he fits the 'Story'.
Kylo Ren though has gained a lot of female fans. If you see him walking around the land before, young women would gasp at the sight of him and get excited. Darth would never.

Also, "casual fans" don't really care who they prefer to meet. They would meet whoever is there available to meet, whether it's Kylo, Chewbacca, Rey, or the Stormtroppers. Vi Moradi can go home. Try people watching whenever the characters are roaming around Galaxy's Edge and see what I mean (in the distant future, not now of course).

KevinPage

I've experienced 2 different delays on Rise and, had that been my first ride, I would have assumed it was actually just part of the ride and natural unloading process.

Yeah I love the extra bits from Bek talking to Nien when your ITS takeoff and landing evac are delayed, along with the final exit from the ride (which I really want to get delayed a long time to hear Fin lose his sh!%)

KevinPage

On a separate note, I have a comp ticket that WDW gave me for not getting to our BG last year during the first week of opening. Family is out of town and my Silver isn’t available until 08/08, soooo even though I’ve done everything at DHS ad naseum at this point, I plan to go for tomorrow 08/07 and burn that ticket for 3 reasons:

1. nothing else better to do, so why the heck not

2. I have a final $100 Disney gift card burning a hole in my pocket (won at work), so with 30% AP discount I’m going to make a idiotic purchase of the $75 Rise vehicle toy (brings it down to $52.50+ tax). Might end up spending another $10 (or so) on a card game in one of the shops. 😂

and most importantly......

3. pad the lead and stick it to @disneygeek90. Anyone else who agrees can live vicariously through me 🤩😂🤩

disneygeek90

On a separate note, I have a comp ticket that WDW gave me for not getting to our BG last year during the first week of opening. Family is out of town and my Silver isn’t available until 08/08, soooo even though I’ve done everything at DHS ad naseum at this point, I plan to go for tomorrow 08/07 and burn that ticket for 3 reasons:

1. nothing else better to do, so why the heck not

2. I have a final $100 Disney gift card burning a hole in my pocket (won at work), so with 30% AP discount I’m going to make a idiotic purchase of the $75 Rise vehicle toy (brings it down to $52.50+ tax). Might end up spending another $10 (or so) on a card game in one of the shops. 😂

and most importantly......

3. pad the lead and stick it to @disneygeek90. Anyone else who agrees can live vicariously through me 🤩😂🤩
WeakWearyEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

Jimdalva

Kylo Ren though has gained a lot of female fans. If you see him walking around the land before, young women would gasp at the sight of him and get excited. Darth would never.

Also, "casual fans" don't really care who they prefer to meet. They would meet whoever is there available to meet, whether it's Kylo, Chewbacca, Rey, or the Stormtroppers. Vi Moradi can go home. Try people watching whenever the characters are roaming around Galaxy's Edge and see what I mean (in the distant future, not now of course).

I have never heard of Vi Moradi, Bek, Nien or Fin. Or at least I don't remember them. I've seen all the movies but its the original cast that sticks in my mind. Admittedly I am old, but I repeat , 90% of Disney guests would like to see the originals !

DisneyDebRob

I wouldn’t know kylo or any of them if they were sitting next to me having a drink. That’s what I enjoy mostly about Disney. Total immersion into something and I don’t even have to know what it’s about to enjoy. They need to do more of that like the good old days.

Jimdalva

Us older people crave familiarity, we enjoy seeing characters that we recognize . Just like we enjoy music that we know the words to, and we can sing along.

Furiated

Rise Boarding Pass and MMRR question

If I have one day at DHS and I'm rope dropping the park, I'll want to get a 10am Rise pass, and also ride MMRR. I'm guessing that the safer play is to wait outdoors and secure the Rise pass at 10am, then get in line for MMRR. I'm also assuming that quite a line will have built up at that point.

Has anyone had experience with getting in line for MMRR as soon as they are in the park, and still been able to get a pass for Rise at 10am? If you're in the queue but inside the building, can you still get a cell signal? Do they start running the ride prior to 10am? Is there a chance that if you're in line early that you might be on the actual ride itself at 10 when the virtual queue opens?

KevinPage

Rise Boarding Pass and MMRR question

If I have one day at DHS and I'm rope dropping the park, I'll want to get a 10am Rise pass, and also ride MMRR. I'm guessing that the safer play is to wait outdoors and secure the Rise pass at 10am, then get in line for MMRR. I'm also assuming that quite a line will have built up at that point.

Has anyone had experience with getting in line for MMRR as soon as they are in the park, and still been able to get a pass for Rise at 10am? If you're in the queue but inside the building, can you still get a cell signal? Do they start running the ride prior to 10am? Is there a chance that if you're in line early that you might be on the actual ride itself at 10 when the virtual queue opens?

There has been people on the actual ride while snagging a BG, but I’d say that’s too risky. Easier to grab the BG than wait out the 1 hour or less line.

Or instead of getting of getting on line for MMMRR at 9:30am and run the risk of getting on the ride too quick, wait until like 10-15 minutes before, this way you area still outside, hold you position, can nab a BG and cut down some of your wait time for MMRR.

Or if the line moves too quickly, wave people past you to stay outside 🤩🤩🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom