News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1596477320879.png

Darth Snips

4pm - no groups have been called since 1:50.
I can confirm that Rise is down for the count.

Got BG63 at 2PM when they were on BG29. Kinda figured we wouldn’t get to ride today. But shortly after, the app stopped saying it was on “Group 29” and simply started saying “Not Boarding”. I don’t know about y’all, but I had never seen that message before.
Then right around 4PM, they sent out a push notification saying Rise had “reached capacity” for the day. CMs were outside the ride waving people along.

So, as far as I can tell, Rise ran for about 3-4 hrs today before simply shutting down completely.

Roxane

If possible (and if you remember), you should state which (first) preshow room you got put into since there’s two of them. Could not be the case that BB8 is down in both rooms.
I had first room on left and BB8 was the same that was mentioned for right.

tonymu

Premium Member
Well, first time with Boarding Groups was a rollercoaster! Traveling with 23 family members is challenging. But I got them all up and out early by 8:45am. With covid I have to request a bus for us from the Contemporary transportation guy. He got us our own bus pretty fast and we were at the studios by 9:30am. Nervously counted down to 10am. Hit the join button selected all and tried to scroll down my 24 family names to uncheck the one family member not with us yet, and there were only a few names. Panicked, scrolled up and down a number of times before figuring out it was only showing 10 names and by then too late. Had to face the music with the family and tell them I did not get it done. Later went and talked to the GET team who told me it was a known issue that not all family members are showing up. Told me to get a boarding group with whoever I could at 2pm and they would add the rest. So waited by GET at 2pm. Joined BG with just myself listed. I didn't select anyone else to make sure I got one. Then explained to GET what happened again. She then needed to scan all the other family MagicBands to add them. They were just getting off MMRR, which I did not get to and never have ridden to get the BG. Had all 23 line up and she scanned them all and joined the two BGs. Got BG41. All good until I realize that no groups after 31 had been called since around 1pm. And no groups at 3 or 4. Started to get a sinking feeling that maybe it was done for the day! Thank goodness that they started calling groups again. We got called and rode without issue. First time for all of us. Was awesome even it almost killed me getting it done. Was worth it. We are back at Studios on Saturday.
Screenshot_20200803-143704.png
Screenshot_20200803-180202.png

Last edited:

KevinPage

@Texas84 yeah someone should have told you, don’t stress over getting everyone added. GET can add anyone who didn’t get on there as long as you were able to nab a BG yourself.

Back in the old days, they implied that most of the family should be added by you and they can add the remaining (say you got 3 but 1-2 were missing). They heavily frowned upon 1 person getting it and then adding 4 people to it.

So good that they were able to do it for you and you were all able to enjoy it. Hopefully one of those 23 has enough good sense to at least buy you a meal and/or 🍺 for your troubles 🤩

*RECOMMENDATION* if you attempt this again on Saturday, talk to a GET before 10am, explain your situation and make sure they are cool with you doing it. This way you don’t run into the situation I mentioned above. Groups going in 10 seconds does not allow time for any scrolling/unchecking boxes 🤩

disneygeek90

Well, first time with Boarding Groups was a rollercoaster! Traveling with 23 family members is challenging. But I got them all up and out early by 8:45am. With covid I have to request a bus for us from the Contemporary transportation guy. He got us our own bus pretty fast and we were at the studios by 9:30am. Nervously counted down to 10am. Hit the join button selected all and tried to scroll down my 24 family names to uncheck the one family member not with us yet, and there were only a few names. Panicked, scrolled up and down a number of times before figuring out it was only showing 10 names and by then too late. Had to face the music with the family and tell them I did not get it done. Later went and talked to the GET team who told me it was a known issue that not all family members are showing up. Told me to get a boarding group with whoever I could at 2pm and they would add the rest. So waited by GET at 2pm. Joined BG with just myself listed. I didn't select anyone else to make sure I got one. Then explained to GET what happened again. She then needed to scan all the other family MagicBands to add them. They were just getting off MMRR, which I did not get to and never have ridden to get the BG. Had all 23 line up and she scanned them all and joined the two BGs. Got BG41. All good until I realize that no groups after 31 had been called since around 1pm. And no groups at 3 or 4. Started to get a sinking feeling that maybe it was done for the day! Thank goodness that they started calling groups again. We got called and rode without issue. First time for all of us. Was awesome even it almost killed me getting it done. Was worth it. We are back at Studios on Saturday.View attachment 488902View attachment 488903
And now you've experienced the whole BG process! The people loading on the list is indeed an issue, and I'm not sure if the amount of friends on the list even exacerbates the room for errors since it has to call and correctly load so many. The real disaster is when it doesn't even show the main account and only a handful of random friends, I've had that happen numerous times and it's always frustrating. Glad it all worked out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom