News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mikey73181

What time did you get to the Skyliner in the morning?

We were in line at 9:10ish, I say “ish” because that was when we got to the bridge and the line went all the way down past the 60’s building and we spend several minutes walking-along the side of the line to get to the back. Then we spend 25 minutes in the actual line, then at Caribbean it was another 15 minutes wait. So we were coming into the station at DHS just at 10. I tried joining a group from the air, but it wouldn’t let me. I think with the park pass system in effect, they should let anyone with park passes join a group the night before.

KevinPage

Back at it again on Friday 7/31. Little one wants to finally come with us again, so purged my Friends List in anticipation of SELECT ALL.

Hoping it’s closer to the 1 minute+ than this 10 seconds nonsense 🧐

disneygeek90

Back at it again on Friday 7/31. Little one wants to finally come with us again, so purged my Friends List in anticipation of SELECT ALL.

Hoping it’s closer to the 1 minute+ than this 10 seconds nonsense 🧐
Well well well would you look at that 👻 May the odds be ever in your favor.
216760AF-539F-4411-A8D0-5C08AE5E24BC.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
How can you tell what group they are up to without being in the queue or finding the sign in GE?

Currently sitting at 67.

Here's a link @Joel posted where you can check.
It might show this information on the "My Queues" page if you actually have a boarding group, but we would need somebody in the park to confirm that.

Not nearly as pretty or convenient as if they showed it in the app, but you can use this link to find that info. Just look for "currentArrivingGroupStart" and "currentArrivingGroupEnd".

Giss Neric

Looking for some advice for our August trip. Can each party in your group try to snag a boarding group using the same login information for the My Disney App? Or, does each party in the group need a separate My Disney Experience App login? For example, I have a My Disney Experience App login with all of our tickets and reservations linked to my account. Rather than create separate accounts for my husband and son, can they download the app to their phones and login with my credentials and try to get us a boarding group as long as they click "include all" for the party? That way we have three chances instead of just one. Thoughts?
Did that but didn't work. Error. Just use the best phone with the best connection and go to a place where there is little to no people.

Jimdalva

QUOTE: and go to a place where there is little to no people.
Does being away from other people/phones improve your chances?
Is there an optimum physical location in the park?

It would seem that earlier days when BG were available for minutes instead of seconds were the exception Not the rule.
So far my practice runs have been successful , but I will be stressed when the day comes for the real thing!

gerarar

Premium Member
QUOTE: and go to a place where there is little to no people.
Does being away from other people/phones improve your chances?
Is there an optimum physical location in the park?

It would seem that earlier days when BG were available for minutes instead of seconds were the exception Not the rule.
So far my practice runs have been successful , but I will be stressed when the day comes for the real thing!
If you’re on data, there’s always a chance for network congestion. But I never experienced any difficulty getting a BG while near large groups of people. Back when they would hold people at the Chinese Theater in the morning, my family and I would chill and stand in line at the Starbucks. We would get our BG in line (using our data, not the parks WiFi). My favorite place to wait was at the end of Sunset Boulevard near ToT. Therefore, I can go straight to ToT after snagging a BG.

This was during Christmas week, and there was a mad rush to get a BG — but like you said, this lasted for a few mins, mainly due to that it had increased capacity (versus now), and a lot more backup boarding groups in the 100’s.

Jimdalva

Everyone has the same chance, whether its your 1st time or 100th time. You just have to know the routine, and be quick and on time! By the way I have Never ridden RotR. But hope too soon!

RSoxNo1

Everyone has the same chance, whether its your 1st time or 100th time. You just have to know the routine, and be quick and on time! By the way I have Never ridden RotR. But hope too soon!
Except, like Fastpass and Fastpass+ before it, the more experienced you are with the system, the better you will be able to use it. The average guest doesn't know that at 10:01 you're out of luck.

techgeek

If it’s your first time, how are you supposed to be expected to know the routine? It’s not like Disney says anywhere “oh, by the way, you’ve got about 20 seconds to do this...”. Any normal person with normal expectations, going off of Disney communication about RotR, would think as long as they arrive around park ope they are fine.

With these timeframes, the ONLY way a first timer is getting a boarding group is if they have independently researched the process, are counting down the seconds, and possibly even to the extent of doing a dry run off property.

It’s an awful lot to ask of anyone without any experience, or of someone that might be slow or uncomfortable navigating their phone. The app is better then it used to be, but still buggy and not intuitive.

The process rewards those that practice it, and it rewards those with the technical ability to figure it out.

I had hoped the limited capacity was going to assure the vast majority of DHS guests would have a chance to ride. Instead it seems the situation has gotten even worse, and worse yet that it’s basically impossible to ‘try again tomorrow’ currently with the park pass system as it is.

jt04

Except, like Fastpass and Fastpass+ before it, the more experienced you are with the system, the better you will be able to use it. The average guest doesn't know that at 10:01 you're out of luck.

Lottery type selection would be better. 10 or 15 minute window for signups. Then selection is random chance and not a game of skill or knowing where to stand.

I'd also like to see winners who complete RotR be locked out from entering the lottery again for 24 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom