News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

tonymu

Premium Member
I have a family group of 24 going the first week of August. I have been practicing the past few days. I have 1 family member who will not be present on our first Hollywood Studios day. The first time I tried I waited on the "My Queues" page with the "Join Virtual Queues" button and then clicked the "Join Virtual Queues" button right on the hour. By the time I clicked the all members check box and then scrolled down and unchecked the one family member who wont be there, I was too late and got the red message. Since then I have waited on the "Join Virtual Queues" page and refreshed on the hour, checked the all members box, scrolled down and unchecked the one family member and I have gotten the your not here message. Today for the 2pm distribution they seemed to be almost a minute delayed! So even with 24 in my group I have been successful. I just need it to stay that way!

gerarar

Premium Member
So far good progress today, just like the good ‘ol days....back in early March! ;)

From the looks of it, only one downtime today, so far..
15646D2C-C939-4DEC-9AEB-5E6BCA9D125D.jpeg

KevinPage

Ah my mistake, I thought it was today. I'll be there Sunday!

I’m semi nervous with groups going in 10-15 seconds. Knock on wood, I have fast fingers and generally don’t have many issues with the app crashing.

Reminds of the time when I got group 44 and my daughter was upset and I had to explain to her, “hey it’s okay, we’ll ride before lunch (ended up being around 10:30am).

I had conditioned her to getting 20 or lower so much she was worried we weren’t going to get to ride. 😂

(Ironically that was 3/15 & Bek was not working in the ITS, so maybe she had a secret sixth sense)

Darth Snips

55 has been called - let us know how it goes!
It went great! Really pleased with the way Disney’s handling this ride right now. Waited about 20 minutes before reaching the first preshow (all preshows were running).

The only two effects not working in the ride: the probe droid’s scanner and our R5 unit. Poor little guy was beeping, but his head wouldn’t turn.

All in all, really great day at DHS! Spent about 4 hrs at the park and rode every ride while never waiting any longer than 20 minutes.

I know there’s a lot of problems going on in the world right now, but it’s such a nice break from reality having the parks back. And Rise is as spectacular as ever!

KevinPage

Promptly at parking booth at 9am but sitting in line as not letting cars in yet.

My least favorite thing about theme parks (even under normal circumstances) is the whole process of getting in. I’m like a big kid, I want in, then I start to relax/calm down and have fun.

Prior to that I’m like Michael Douglas in Falling Down, “clear a path, expletive, expletive”
😂 😂

EDIT/UPDATE: starting letting 🚘in at 9:15am
Naturally a bunch of fools went into closed lanes to our right and forced a merge (I was none too pleased 😡 😂)

Last edited:

TriSeb

I got to the "Not so Fast" screen a couple of times because of the 3 minute window this morning but for some reason I got a barrage of "Something Went Wrong." This was on wi-fi and off wi-fi. If today had been another 10-20 sec day, I would have missed out. My DS had no such problems during the long window today.

T-3 days until the real deal.

KevinPage

Mission accomplished. As mentioned by others, probe droid scanner not working and we had no sound effects on escape pod (but music and dialogue was still there, which was weird/strange).

I cried like a baby most of the ride I was so happy to be back on it. Taking 4 months off helped me miss it some, so that was a nice benefit. 😭

Disney has done an excellent job of putting group markers on the ground for each preshow, building the virus 🦠 conditions into the storyline a little and keeping this moving smoothly.

Only negative, which isn’t Disney’s fault, you have to wait in a few preshows longer than usual. So it messed up the immersion a tad. Cause if you have ever been on this where it is humming and they perfectly hit all the beats on queue it’s a thing of beauty 🤩🤩🤩

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom