News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Joel

So, interesting thing that I noticed when trying from home today.

I tried at 1pm, and got the Hey, you're not in the park! Which I believe means I would have potentially gotten a boarding pass.

Getting close to 4, I wanted to try again. When I opened the app, I was was still on the Hey, you're not in the park screen. I backed out one screen to the Create a party screen, and then backed out one more to the screen where the blue Join button appears. The Join button was still there. I thought that was odd. I tried clicking on it at 3:59 and got the red error that they aren't admitting more people right now. I waited and tried again at 4:00:01 and got right in to the Create a party screen, and then to the Hey, you're not in the park screen.

Just interesting that the blue Join button stuck around today between my attempts at 1:00 and 4:00. My first try from home attempt on Wed at 4, the Join button wasn't there prior to 4 and I had to keep refreshing, and it was probably 4:01 or 4:02 before it finally showed up for me.
The reason for this is that when you go back to a previous screen, the app doesn't make a new request to the server to check if the queue is open, so it just shows you the same thing you saw the last time you were on it.

Um you do have to be in the park to join a boarding group. soo.....
Well, except for that one day...

KevinPage

As @DCBaker & @disneygeek90 beat me to the punch, I was able to make requests and get the “hey moron you ain’t in the park” notice for almost 90 seconds.

So knock on wood, should still be easy enough to get a group (minus any weird glitches).

My only paranoid concern is that:

- my AP shows expired on 7/26, but I am a Silver AP, and that is during a normal blackout (long story Disney owed me 15 days and tacked it onto the new park opening date, which does me no good).

- as a workaround Disney gave each of us in our family 7 comp tickets that need to be used within 14 days from when they are first activated.

- Disney IT gives me no faith that my
Magic band/MDE will have no issues being synced to these comp tickets (they do show in MDE & I have all my park visits booked)

- hence I plan on getting to a GET CM prior to 10am (any word if they still have them in same places as before ?)

disneygeek90

As @DCBaker & @disneygeek90 beat me to the punch, I was able to make requests and get the “hey moron you ain’t in the park” notice for almost 90 seconds.

So knock on wood, should still be easy enough to get a group (minus any weird glitches).

My only paranoid concern is that:

- my AP shows expired on 7/26, but I am a Silver AP, and that is during a normal blackout (long story Disney owed me 15 days and tacked it onto the new park opening date, which does me no good).

- as a workaround Disney gave each of us in our family 7 comp tickets that need to be used within 14 days from when they are first activated.

- Disney IT gives me no faith that my
Magic band/MDE will have no issues being synced to these comp tickets (they do show in MDE & I have all my park visits booked)

- hence I plan on getting to a GET CM prior to 10am (any word if they still have them in same places as before ?)
I can think of about 10 different ways that all gets mixed up. I'd def stick with GET.

I saw a stream or vlog the other day and they were in the same general area down Hollywood Boulevard kind of near Dockside Diner. I’m not sure if they’re in every area they used to be but they were definitely here.
FD9CF709-740E-4B46-9275-F0473402C80A.jpeg

champdisney

Rode Rise for the first time earlier today. I was able to book a boarding pass at 1 PM since the attraction was instantly booked within the first few minutes of park opening.

Gotta say it was pretty cool to able to ride alone (wife wasn’t able to ride) but in between all the preshow elements and the actual attraction itself, I couldn’t help but visualize how packed the space would have been on a Coronavirus-free day.

As for the attraction itself. It was an okay attraction. I expected more. The immersion and special effects were fantastic but for the story itself... ehh. I didn’t dig the “runaway Resistance spy” angle. I wanted to see at least one lightsaber duel between Rey and Kylo Ren. I wanted that so bad and that was the expectation in my head. Mind you that I have stayed away from watching YouTube videos and reviews on here regarding this attraction, I went in to be surprised. ROTR felt like a Star Wars version of Escape From Gringotts but less thrilling.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Rode Rise for the first time earlier today. I was able to book a boarding pass at 1 PM since the attraction was instantly booked within the first few minutes of park opening.

Gotta say it was pretty cool to able to ride alone (wife wasn’t able to ride) but in between all the preshow elements and the actual attraction itself, I couldn’t help but visualize how packed the space would have been on a Coronavirus-free day.

As for the attraction itself. It was an okay attraction. I expected more. The immersion and special effects were fantastic but for the story itself... ehh. I didn’t dig the “runaway Resistance spy” angle. I wanted to see at least one lightsaber duel between Rey and Kylo Ren. I wanted that so bad and that was the expectation in my head. Mind you that I have stayed away from watching YouTube videos and reviews on here regarding this attraction, I went in to be surprised. ROTR felt like a Star Wars version of Escape From Gringotts but less thrilling.
Question- did you get the Rey Hologram pre-show, the Shuttle pre-show and the interogation room pre-show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom