News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Roxane

Outside of the 1-2:30ish downtime I didn't notice if there was any other issues.

I'm betting there's a lot less per group than we're used to seeing as well.
They are just putting one family on at a time, as opposed to 8 people. I'm sure that's why so few boarding groups. Eight single riders will take 8 cars now, instead of 1.

disneygeek90

They are just putting one family on at a time, as opposed to 8 people. I'm sure that's why so few boarding groups. Eight single riders will take 8 cars now, instead of 1.
Right, I'm wondering if the amount of people per boarding group is also reduced. It was estimated that groups were around 100 people. I'd be interested if that's still true.

Dapale

Outside of the 1-2:30ish downtime I didn't notice if there was any other issues.

The only thing I saw was the gunroom using b-mode (screen & laser canons don't do anything and the vehicles move a little differently *minimal change*). B-mode gunroom isn't TOO common, but I wouldn't put that on lack of maintenance or anything. Everything else still seems to be working and we just got some downtime which is unfortunately to be expected with Rise

Roxane

I'm gonna have to do some practice runs. I'm so worried I'll mess it up. The very last time I went before the closure I touched the screen 10 seconds too early and we ended up with backup groups that didn't get called :( It was still a great day :)

nyrebel3

I’lm a little bit rusty but still happy

. A03158EA-1B66-4E28-96A7-68096CCB5770.png
A03158EA-1B66-4E28-96A7-68096CCB5770.png

Last edited:

Joel

One thing to be aware of for fellow Android users: pull-down refresh is a lot slower (on my Pixel 3a, at least) than it is on iPhone. Like an extra second or so longer in between refreshes. The fastest method for me is to tap the AT-AT image on the home screen, see if the Join button shows up for RotR, and if not use the back button/gesture and try again.

A gripe about the iPhone app that isn't BG-specific but has annoyed me for a long time: the back gesture (swiping from the left edge of the screen) works on some pages but not others. For example, it works on the My Queues page but not on the Join Virtual Queue page. On that one, you have to use the back arrow in top left corner.

disneygeek90

At BG 19 less than an hour before the next drop. I know from watching a live stream this morning that there was at least 30 or so issued in the first set.

disneygeek90

Capacity is really limited now for ROTR. If you’re a solo rider, you get a transport vehicle by yourself, solo! An amazing opportunity and experience though!!

Yeah it just kinda worked out that way due to there only being two rows per car. Nearly every attraction (with the exception of KS with the plastic panels?) are skipping at least every other row.

nyrebel3

Going this weekend. Can you share which method you used and cell or WiFi? Thank you!!
So let us know what your method was, phone type, party size, etc 🤩

Demarke!

I have an iPhone 11 Pro / AT&T and used cellular. I had 3 bars of service. We were in line for SDD.

I closed the Disney app - killed the app not just switched to a different app.

At 9:57:40 restarted the Disney App. I think we determined that you have to start the app between 9:57:30-9:58:00.

On my front page the 3rd block is RotR and it has a join button on the bottom left. It did not turn red for me at 10:00:00. Using my cell phone clock and ignoring the PA announcements, I clicked join at 10:00:01.
The app asks you to select your party. I removed extra friends so I could just select all. Then I punched join. I noticed a delay today of populating my family from back in March. There are 4 of us which is the same as in March.

I think the initial estimated wait time was 75 min for BG9. It was about a 15 min wait inside the cue. We rode with another family of 3 and each family had it’s own car. All of the pre-ride scenes were working. But I’m trying to remember if the initial interrogation was cut short.

Definitely a different feel riding with less people. Seemed more relaxed but still enjoyable.

disneygeek90

Demarke!

I have an iPhone 11 Pro / AT&T and used cellular. I had 3 bars of service. We were in line for SDD.

I closed the Disney app - killed the app not just switched to a different app.

At 9:57:40 restarted the Disney App. I think we determined that you have to start the app between 9:57:30-9:58:00.

On my front page the 3rd block is RotR and it has a join button on the bottom left. It did not turn red for me at 10:00:00. Using my cell phone clock and ignoring the PA announcements, I clicked join at 10:00:01.
The app asks you to select your party. I removed extra friends so I could just select all. Then I punched join. I noticed a delay today of populating my family from back in March. There are 4 of us which is the same as in March.

I think the initial estimated wait time was 75 min for BG9. It was about a 15 min wait inside the cue. We rode with another family of 3 and each family had it’s own car. All of the pre-ride scenes were working. But I’m trying to remember if the initial interrogation was cut short.

Definitely a different feel riding with less people. Seemed more relaxed but still enjoyable.
Apparently none of the technical timing really matters anymore. They updated the code so it will always call for a group, not just after a certain period of time.

1pm slots filled in about 20 seconds. I got the “whoops!” error again so I’m assuming I would have made it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom