News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Movielover

It should just work without using the Demarke method or any other form of witchcraft.

If true than to the brave men and women who fought valiantly to discover the methods of success, and to all those who lost their minds going through the horrors of boarding groups...

tenor.gif

War is hell

Also
It should just work without using the Demarke method or any other form of witchcraft.
a3a.gif

Joel

I had the app open since earlier this morning and was spamming the refresh with a few minutes to go. The Join button popped up right on time.

I'm just going to go ahead and take credit for fixing this even though I doubt anyone in Disney IT read my posts.

KevinPage

I had the app open since earlier this morning and was spamming the refresh with a few minutes to go. The Join button popped up right on time.

I'm just going to go ahead and take credit for fixing this even though I doubt anyone in Disney IT read my posts.

I humbly request you still test this out at each interval for a couple of days and also at least run the tests/check 1x per week to see if any changes implemented.

To ease my brain before my 7/25 visit I’m gonna want multiple days/times of proof to feel only mildly neurotic (and not full blown) 😂 😂 😂

disneygeek90

When I first clicked join right at 10 I had the spinning circle for a few moments and then it showed 3 random people on my friends list, but not me!

I went back in and then I appeared but dang, that glitch happens far too often.

KevinPage

@Joel , one thing I think MIGHT help is:

1. Should we sit on the main screen and wait until it hits 10am/1pm/4pm sharp THEN (and only then) click JOIN

OR

2. Sit on the screen AFTER you click Join and do the constant pull down (to refresh) until it populated for you

I know you said the app doesn’t have any limitations anymore so conceivably everyone can be in there spamming requests away (which the GP did preciously). But if there is any “edge” to be found, maybe it’s in this?!?!?!

Joel

Is there really no way to tell what group has been called? Aside from that being an overall pain while actually waiting for a ride, how are we going to follow along with it's reliability progress each day??
It might show this information on the "My Queues" page if you actually have a boarding group, but we would need somebody in the park to confirm that.

Not nearly as pretty or convenient as if they showed it in the app, but you can use this link to find that info. Just look for "currentArrivingGroupStart" and "currentArrivingGroupEnd".

Joel

@Joel , one thing I think MIGHT help is:

1. Should we sit on the main screen and wait until it hits 10am/1pm/4pm sharp THEN (and only then) click JOIN

OR

2. Sit on the screen AFTER you click Join and do the constant pull down (to refresh) until it populated for you

I know you said the app doesn’t have any limitations anymore so conceivably everyone can be in there spamming requests away (which the GP did preciously). But if there is any “edge” to be found, maybe it’s in this?!?!?!
I would probably go with #1, but I doubt it matters all that much. One thing I don't like about the pull-down refresh is that it can sometimes be tough to hit the Join button while the page content moves back up to its normal position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom