News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

tonymu

Premium Member
Hopefully you will only be allowed to get one boarding group per day so others will be able to get one. If not then someone in the morning could get a slot early and then try again for another in a later offering.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hopefully you will only be allowed to get one boarding group per day so others will be able to get one. If not then someone in the morning could get a slot early and then try again for another in a later offering.
I’m sure it will be limited

DCBaker

Premium Member

It does say on DPB -

"In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day."

Ravenclaw78

I’m sure it will be limited
The Disney Parks Blog post says "In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day."

DCBaker

Premium Member
I’m going to need a crash course. I don’t even remember how to boarding group.

Will be interesting to see if it works any different - here's how it looks in MDE after an update

IMG_D760C52513E2-1.jpeg

KevinPage

Will be interesting to see if it works any different - here's how it looks in MDE after an update

View attachment 482774

I don’t have the MyQueues option (pre or post app update tonight), and I heard that not everyone has it.

In other first world rough life alerts, totally having FOMO knowing I won’t be there Day 1 for this new system and will have to learn a new way and see if it’s easier/harder based on crowds/availability to get the coveted morning ride to set up the rest of the day. 😜

disneygeek90

I don’t have the MyQueues option (pre or post app update tonight), and I heard that not everyone has it.

In other first world rough life alerts, totally having FOMO knowing I won’t be there Day 1 for this new system and will have to learn a new way and see if it’s easier/harder based on crowds/availability to get the coveted morning ride to set up the rest of the day. 😜
I won’t be there till the 26th. How did you get 25th? Did you upgrade or buy a day ticket lol

disneygeek90

Soon as I saw the announcement I headed over here. Hoping you guys can give us some sage advice? How do you envision this? People pounding their phones 3 times a day now?
I feel like especially with a 10am open that there will be as many as possible trying right at 10, getting progressively easier throughout the day.

I also wonder what the “capacity” will be at each interval? They have to assume that most cars won’t be full. I think there’s gotta be less passes per group given out than normal.

Rescue Ranger

So at say 10am you can only book for that time or at 10am you can book for 4pm as well? I'll probably try for the 4pm. If assume it to be the least busiest.

I'll be at Hollywood Studios twice in September if all goes according to plan. If things don't work out during the 1st visit hopefully it will on the 2nd.

MickeyCB

I feel like especially with a 10am open that there will be as many as possible trying right at 10, getting progressively easier throughout the day.

I also wonder what the “capacity” will be at each interval? They have to assume that most cars won’t be full. I think there’s gotta be less passes per group given out than normal.
We have a trip planned 🤞for October so I finally get to think about these things for real instead of just vicariously following along with all of you in the winter! I can't decide if I would be more anxious with a single attempt and get it over with one way or the other in the morning, or the whole, "well let me try again in a few hours"!

disneygeek90

So at say 10am you can only book for that time or at 10am you can book for 4pm as well? I'll probably try for the 4pm. If assume it to be the least busiest.

I'll be at Hollywood Studios twice in September if all goes according to plan. If things don't work out during the 1st visit hopefully it will on the 2nd.
I don’t think you’ll have a return time. If it’s anything like before you’ll have an assigned number and once your number is called you have an hour or two to return. The speed at which groups are called is based on the rides daily performance which can be anywhere from somewhat reliable to not reliable at all. With no park hopping I don’t see the callback window being an issue.
We have a trip planned 🤞for October so I finally get to think about these things for real instead of just vicariously following along with all of you in the winter! I can't decide if I would be more anxious with a single attempt and get it over with one way or the other in the morning, or the whole, "well let me try again in a few hours"!
I was going to ask you if you had a trip rescheduled! We’ll be here in the meantime to keep you updated 😁

DCBaker

Premium Member
I did the update just now, and can't find the virtual Queue. Could you tell me where it is located? Thanks.

The virtual queue box popped up for me after I selected the three dash menu button on the bottom right of the MDE app - it was under the box for "My Plans".

You can also access by searching for Star Wars, then clicking on the first "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Status and Access" button.

Then click "My Status" and Join Virtual Queue.

This popped up the first time I accessed it this way -

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 9.15.26 PM.jpeg

nyrebel3

We were there on the Friday before everything closed and my youngest son scored BG2 for us. And we are going back July 15-19! Our DHS days are Thurs and Sat. Hopefully DEMARKE still works. I'll post our results.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom