News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Aries1975

Got reservations for DHS on 8/3 & 8/6.

Optimistic the 🌎 doesn’t implode by then (or Florida) & by some minor miracle we get at least 2x per day 😂

Please report back on the status of the ride, new queues, if they skipped the pre-shows, etc. I am hoping for my first ride 8/18.

After months of concern over the boarding passes, I am praying for good health for everyone.

KevinPage

Please report back on the status of the ride, new queues, if they skipped the pre-shows, etc. I am hoping for my first ride 8/18.

After months of concern over the boarding passes, I am praying for good health for everyone.

Will do. It seems like most rides will only put your specific party into a ride vehicle, regardless of size 1-8 people, and that makes total sense.

Could they do social distancing in the pre shows? I would tend to think they can based on the size of the rooms involved. Whether they feel it’s worse the hassle/risk and if it severely hampers the already reduced hourly capacity is probably what they are figuring out 🤩

disneygeek90

Will do. It seems like most rides will only put your specific party into a ride vehicle, regardless of size 1-8 people, and that makes total sense.

Could they do social distancing in the pre shows? I would tend to think they can based on the size of the rooms involved. Whether they feel it’s worse the hassle/risk and if it severely hampers the already reduced hourly capacity is probably what they are figuring out 🤩
I read some apparent CM protocol from another board that was posted on twitter... but if true it sounded like both pre-shows are expected to run.

And yeah, I think both rooms would be fine to distance obviously with less people than normal in each room.

Giss Neric

I know it's nitpicking but I guess all resistance and first order are in masks which kinda takes away the immersion but let's just be happy that it's back open.

I'm picturing it now when the shuttle is captured and is in the Star Destroyer the doors open up and you see a first order officer in a mask yelling at guests to get out. Maybe if they could give that role to a stormtrooper instead and just have him play a recorded response.

Purduevian

I know it's nitpicking but I guess all resistance and first order are in masks which kinda takes away the immersion but let's just be happy that it's back open.

I'm picturing it now when the shuttle is captured and is in the Star Destroyer the doors open up and you see a first order officer in a mask yelling at guests to get out. Maybe if they could give that role to a stormtrooper instead and just have him play a recorded response.

I kinda hope Disney goes all out with theme of masks for the cast members. Resistance and FO masks could be really cool, and would easily sell in shops if they made a bunch of them.

KevinPage

I kinda hope Disney goes all out with theme of masks for the cast members. Resistance and FO masks could be really cool, and would easily sell in shops if they made a bunch of them.

And they can make the masks match the First Order officers uniforms so it doesn’t feel that jarring/out of place at all.

And I’m sure the banter wi be toned down too. Less taking = less droplets spewing from your mouth 🤩

disneygeek90

And they can make the masks match the First Order officers uniforms so it doesn’t feel that jarring/out of place at all.

And I’m sure the banter wi be toned down too. Less taking = less droplets spewing from your mouth 🤩
Definitely less getting "in your face" to give you a hard time about not standing on your color or looking at your phone data pad.

gerarar

Premium Member
Do we think that the CMs in ROTR will be wearing face masks or face shields?

A majority of the attraction CMs that I've seen so far (from photos from MK and AK) have been wearing face shields. If it's face shields, hopefully it's at least themed/painted black! And vice versa with face masks.

dhslxop

A majority of the attraction CMs that I've seen so far (from photos from MK and AK) have been wearing face shields. If it's face shields, hopefully it's at least themed/painted black! And vice versa with face masks.
I would temper expectations when it comes to theming in relation to safety precautions.

MJJME

I haven't been on this thread in months...…….April trip got cancelled and rescheduled for August......….We cancelled that on our own and pushed out to April 2021...………..Reason I checked is because my son said to me "Dad, we need to polish up on our DeMarke method for our April trip"...……………...I told him I didn't know if we were going to need it...……..Good luck to everyone that's gone or is going...……..Love to find a thread with reports of the reopening...………….

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Some I’d imagine will take the option of shields.

If you’re in the only queue for Rise, sun cream / umbrellas may be useful. It’ll be a little longer than usual.

raymusiccity

Especially since several Twitter people claimed that Disney confirmed virtual queues weren't happening.
I'd feel alot more at ease if I could tell our grandsons that once we get in line, we will join the Resistance. ...... Instead of building up months of anticipation, only to be shut out of not getting in a Boarding Group! 😥

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom