News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
113DFD1B-4F45-4213-8895-4EC802501816.jpeg

gerarar

Premium Member
Now to think about it, I think the wind effect after the final Kylo encounter will be turned off for a while.

I hope not, but I see it as a big possibility as a way to potentially spread droplets or whatever comes out of the mouth, especially if people take their masks down/off after getting on the ride transports..

DarkMetroid567

Now to think about it, I think the wind effect after the final Kylo encounter will be turned off for a while.

I hope not, but I see it as a big possibility as a way to potentially spread droplets or whatever comes out of the mouth, especially if people take their masks down/off after getting on the ride transports..

No!!!!!! That's the only part of the final Kylo encounter that I actually like.

Giss Neric

We still don't know how CMs will strictly or not strictly implement wearing of masks in rides.

I am already anticipating guests confronting CMs:

Scenario 1:
Guests: Why are First Order officers wearing masks, it ruins the immersion. This is ridiculous. Take it off now.
First Order: Uhhh???

Scenario 2
First Order CMs: Please wear your mask Resistance Sympathizers.
Guest: We are in space, we don't need it.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

If that is a fear then they might as well not run the roller coasters, Tower of Terror, or anything that has a vehicle that moves fast. Not unless you have a plastic bag on your head.

gerarar

Premium Member
If that is a fear then they might as well not run the roller coasters, Tower of Terror, or anything that has a vehicle that moves fast. Not unless you have a plastic bag on your head.
That is true, but it wouldn’t hurt Disney to enact such thing on a ride like ROTR. Same reason as how Universal is disabling mist elements on some rides temporarily. It probably won’t do anything, but it’s just there to show they’re at least ‘trying’.

In my opinion, I hope the effect doesn’t get turned off. It’s such a nice realistic way to emulate that a hole did indeed blow up on the side of the star destroyer and distract Kylo, aiding in your escape!!

Also, it’s one of the few “physical” effects on the ride. It already gets turned off when Kylo is in B-mode.

Rich Brownn

Sea World already tested a multitude of masks on the coasters with employees. No problems.

The first day of trying to force 50,000 Brazilians into social distancing and having their children wearing masks willl cause rage and mass anger towards anyone. But with 25% capacity and with some foreign restrictions it will change the parks completely. Disney will lose billions more because they only profit from high capacity. My prediction. ..they shut down again and rethink the cost per guest.

Would anyone pay $500 a day to visit the parks, per person? With their backs against the wall Disney might...they have no choice. Might be for the next 18 to 24 months. Then it reduces.

Giss Neric

The first day of trying to force 50,000 Brazilians into social distancing and having their children wearing masks willl cause rage and mass anger towards anyone. But with 25% capacity and with some foreign restrictions it will change the parks completely. Disney will lose billions more because they only profit from high capacity. My prediction. ..they shut down again and rethink the cost per guest.

Would anyone pay $500 a day to visit the parks, per person? With their backs against the wall Disney might...they have no choice. Might be for the next 18 to 24 months. Then it reduces.
They do have 4 parks and tons of resorts to get profit from. NBA is coming to Disney World. That is a huge profit. Universal Studios just started their annual passholder preview and it looks peaceful and normal.

You don't need to pay $500 a day per person to enjoy the parks. Also I don't think all of this will last till the end of this year or even next year. Restrictions will ease up month after month.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, the answer, my friends, is blowin' in the wind...

Now that distinguished doctors and scientists from both Italy and Pittsburgh have confirmed that the virus is becoming less virulent, it appears we'll no longer have to worry about social distancing or masks obstructing our enjoyment of being taken prisoner by the First Order.

Joel

Just wanted to check back in on my favorite esoteric knowledge thread:

I've been keeping up with the app as it's been updated throughout the closing. Very little has changed on the virtual queue front. The old hidden limitations have yet to return, which is good news for anyone hoping to one day ride RotR as many times as @KevinPage already has without having to master @Demarke's secret incantations.

One nice (albeit very minor) change in the latest update was fixing a bug that's been present since the recent BG interface changes, where the app would make two consecutive getQueues API calls every time you refreshed on the Join Boarding Group screen. This served no purpose except to double the traffic between the app and the virtual queue servers. I'm guessing it'll be a while until Disney's infrastructure is anywhere close to the level of strain it would normally be under, but I'm all for not wasting resources unnecessarily.

It will be interesting to see how/if things change as we get close to reopening!

gerarar

Premium Member
This is just going to make Hollywood Studios an even better deal and a hot commodity!! Unlimited rides on ROTR! The line will be sure all the way to Grand Avenue or maybe even Echo Lake!!

Just joking on the last part, but everyone’s gonna try and get this park first right away for sure!!

KevinPage

I’m confused how this is going to work unless they magically fixed all the issues that have plagued the ride since opening?!?!?!

The most sought after ride, while wearing a mask, while socially distancing, hoping they don’t cut all the preshows, knowing it’s riddled with downtime.

That sounds like a nightmarish proposition😱😱😱

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well, the answer, my friends, is blowin' in the wind...

Now that distinguished doctors and scientists from both Italy and Pittsburgh have confirmed that the virus is becoming less virulent, it appears we'll no longer have to worry about social distancing or masks obstructing our enjoyment of being taken prisoner by the First Order.

I'm holding off until we get confirmation from doctors and scientists from North Dakota and Lithuania.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom