News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Aries1975

Good job you weren't naming the layered shooter made from one part coffee liqueur like Kahlua, one part cold Midori liqueur and one part Baileys Irish Cream. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's pretty to look at, but I can't see Coffee and Melon really tasting pleasant together. I guess there is a reason one should "down" a shot fast. 🤢

I would imagine Midori and Blue Curacao make their way into quite a few drinks at Oga's cantina. I'm hoping to keep my August reservation for the cantina 🥂 and score a boarding group.

disneygeek90

Just a few months ago there was a debate weekly (daily?) about how long virtual queue/boarding groups would remain a thing and when standby would be enacted. I thought it was a long shot at best given the rides performance, but all of this now has to make virtual queue even more vital to the attraction. Boarding groups likely here to stay for a long, long while.

Aries1975

Just a few months ago there was a debate weekly (daily?) about how long virtual queue/boarding groups would remain a thing and when standby would be enacted. I thought it was a long shot at best given the rides performance, but all of this now has to make virtual queue even more vital to the attraction. Boarding groups likely here to stay for a long, long while.

In January, 7 month mark, we booked DVC and bought park hoppers. So, we could try every morning for a boarding pass, but still do other stuff - especially if we didn't "win the lottery" on several mornings. Now, I am praying everyone stays healthy, the parks are open, and the state of Florida welcomes people from Jersey.

Giss Neric

I think ROTR will be popular till next year even with Runaway Railway and Ratatouille since it has only been three months since it opened when the parks closed so virtual queue will still be in effect. Maybe we'll see standby/fastpass when Tron and Cosmic Rewinds opens next year.

disneygeek90

I think ROTR will be popular till next year even with Runaway Railway and Ratatouille since it has only been three months since it opened when the parks closed so virtual queue will still be in effect. Maybe we'll see standby/fastpass when Tron and Cosmic Rewinds opens next year.
Due to the current times I think we're now at least a year away from standby. I'll be interested in how they manage opening crowds because looking back at some pictures on my phone... that's not gonna work now.

Giss Neric

Due to the current times I think we're now at least a year away from standby. I'll be interested in how they manage opening crowds because looking back at some pictures on my phone... that's not gonna work now.
Yeah I agree. Flight of Passage is three years old but the wait times are still ridiculously long. When parks reopen might as well take advantage of the low crowds. Hopefully, ROTR will be open too even with half capacity.

DarkMetroid567

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but what we do expect a socially distanced Rise of the Resistance to look like? It's hard to imagine a group of 16 socially distancing in the Interrogation Room. I genuinely would be shocked if that happened
One time I got bored and I watched a LOT of POV of this ride. I noticed on multiple videos that during Kylo's lightsaber penetrating the roof, a lot of guests don't even notice it unless someone beside them points it out by hand or verbally. Most of them look left or right or just at R5 panicking. Is it because it's not that noticeable that they should add more effects like sparks like in the advertisement or even make the lightsaber longer when it goes through the roof.

This is still one of my big problems for the ride: you have to turn your head quite a bit to catch the main action, which makes it easy to miss important things. Effects like the blaster/AT shots come to mind.

Giss Neric

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but what we do expect a socially distanced Rise of the Resistance to look like? It's hard to imagine a group of 16 socially distancing in the Interrogation Room. I genuinely would be shocked if that happened

This is still one of my big problems for the ride: you have to turn your head quite a bit to catch the main action, which makes it easy to miss important things. Effects like the blaster/AT shots come to mind.
With less capacity in the park, I would say 25%, boarding groups won't really be necessary as I think everyone would be able to ride. I hope that all parties can be in one car and not mixed with other unknown parties. But if you are a party of 1 or 2 then one seat apart? It's really hard to imagine what they will do.

KevinPage

Oh boy. Can't wait to see ROTR's reliability with these park times 😆

"Shortened park hours from 9pm close to 8pm close, moved opening from 9am to 10am"

Buckle your 👞 and get your rides in now. My Silver AP expired 3/31, and since they are not currently selling new passes/tickets, just makes more sense for me to wait until August (or so), when it’s not blacked out, to get new passes.

Then it’s back to GAME ON! 🤩

disneygeek90

Buckle your 👞 and get your rides in now. My Silver AP expired 3/31, and since they are not currently selling new passes/tickets, just makes more sense for me to wait until August (or so), when it’s not blacked out, to get new passes.

Then it’s back to GAME ON! 🤩
Here's my window! If only I didn't need a reservation to go lol

SoFloMagic

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that's just not gonna work. Some of it makes my brain hurt to think about. How do you stay 6 feet apart in tot elevators? What do you get, 6 people in a dinosaur preshow theater? Soarin load area, mmrr preshow theater, Millennium falcon, stretching rooms, oh my!

Rob562

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but what we do expect a socially distanced Rise of the Resistance to look like? It's hard to imagine a group of 16 socially distancing in the Interrogation Room. I genuinely would be shocked if that happened.

I think it would work out if they keep one row per party, perhaps two singles in a row if needed. So 2-4 people, you get your own row. 5-8 people you get your own car. Those groups can then stay together within the interrogation room.

Or you get more complicated and start grouping one 5-8 person party in a room with a couple smaller 2-3 person parties to allow for more space in the room.

--Rob

KevinPage

Here's my window! If only I didn't need a reservation to go lol

This kinda works out perfect for me actually.

If they opened the first few weeks of June I would consider getting gold (if they allowed new passes) but since it’s not until mid July, it means I only have to resist a few weeks until I normally would go back anyways with a Silver (early August).

And with everything going on, let them work out the kinks, see how the world changes in the next 8+ weeks.

Thankfully we went almost every weekend since Rise opened so I don’t really feel I’m “missing out” all that much (at this point) 🤩🤩🤩

disneygeek90

This kinda works out perfect for me actually.

If they opened the first few weeks of June I would consider getting gold (if they allowed new passes) but since it’s not until mid July, it means I only have to resist a few weeks until I normally would go back anyways with a Silver (early August).

And with everything going on, let them work out the kinks, see how the world changes in the next 8+ weeks.

Thankfully we went almost every weekend since Rise opened so I don’t really feel I’m “missing out” all that much (at this point) 🤩🤩🤩
You’ve definitely had your fair share 😂😂

Last edited:

KevinPage

You’re definitely had your fair share 😂😂
013C1729-818B-4FB5-99CD-199BF434B105.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom