News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

So as a follow up, I tested @Joel info from home just now.

I used time.is and once it was a few seconds after 7:59, I quickly swiped the browser away and loaded MDE from scratch.

I clicked FIND OUT MORE right at 8am and lo and behold, Join Boarding Group was gray (as it should be). I sat there for 2 seconds to make sure it didn’t pop up due to a delay and nothing, so I clicked My Status and it allowed me to Join a Group (since that generated the GetPositions call) but I didn’t click it.

After waiting a few seconds on that screen, I clicked the back arrow and Join Boarding Group populated on the main screen (since the 60 seconds from the initial app load GetQueues request had expired & navigating to that screen generated a new request).

Joel, so I’m guessing getting to the My Status/JBG screen, the GetQueues request is generated by BOTH clicking Find Out More OR going backwards to that screen from the JBG screen (that uses the GetPositions call) ?
Following @Joel tips/theories...Today I opened the app at 7:55 and click Find out More at 8:00:01. JBG button was red!

Usually JBG is gray for me using @Demarke but I wasn’t paying attention to the EXACT app opening time....just opening app “early”

Thanks @Joel for this new behind-the-scenes info and @KevinPage for the translations!

KevinPage

Runaway Railway just went down too after 105 minutes in line. This is not my day already.

New ride, it goes down, but usually not for too long

936219B1-3999-42C2-AA8F-AD24B2077C01.gif

RevRemy

Opened the app on a test run this morning at 7:58:30 (got times mixed up in my head and didn't want to back out). Before this I turned off all wifi and Bluetooth signals and cleared all apps. Phone off at 7:55. Back on at 7:57. App load at 7:58:30. Clicked find out more at 8 and had the red button. Was able to get to the "not so fast" by 8:00:07 so I can only assume I would have had a decent number.

DANDAMAN1

This is so aggravating. They do so well on some days and horrible on others. BGs gone in less than 2 mins. one day then over 1hr another. They get to BG #130s one day, then only to #90s the next. Such a horrible thing they have going here. Really need something consistent. Things were looking on the bright side last week, hoping they had their sh*t together. Now? Back to NO CONFIDENCE that I'll get a BG when I go. Then there's all this API breakdown, just confusing me more. How do I know what DAY to go to the park and try? Should I go on a Monday? Friday? Sunday? There is NOTHING consistent other than the fact they are inconsistent. You guys are great at analyzing things and breaking it down. But really seems to be that you could still follow the steps and get a Backup Group then not get called. They really need to take this ride off the website and stop promoting it. I'm just really aggravated at this point and should've planned another trip instead of this one, and did WDW next year.

KevinPage

This is so aggravating. They do so well on some days and horrible on others. BGs gone in less than 2 mins. one day then over 1hr another. They get to BG #130s one day, then only to #90s the next. Such a horrible thing they have going here. Really need something consistent. Things were looking on the bright side last week, hoping they had their sh*t together. Now? Back to NO CONFIDENCE that I'll get a BG when I go. Then there's all this API breakdown, just confusing me more. How do I know what DAY to go to the park and try? Should I go on a Monday? Friday? Sunday? There is NOTHING consistent other than the fact they are inconsistent. You guys are great at analyzing things and breaking it down. But really seems to be that you could still follow the steps and get a Backup Group then not get called. They really need to take this ride off the website and stop promoting it. I'm just really aggravated at this point and should've planned another trip instead of this one, and did WDW next year.

I agree, you shouldn’t need to read a message board and get a minor in IT just to get on a ride, but it is what it is.

As a local I always go weekends, which are generally considered the busiest days, and knowing what to do, consistently get early boarding groups.

The super duper simple method to remove any analysis and thinking is:

- get into park good amount before 8am
- turn off WIFI and Bluetooth
-open app from scratch at 8am or 7:55am and sit on main page. Don’t click Find Out More until 8am

All the other talk is just learning how it all works if you find this stuff interesting 🤩

sbskins

Yesterday the park felt slammed with people, even more than when we were there on Saturday/Sunday

Sweet. Can’t wait to hear your reactions. Try not to get too caught up in photos and videos (if you can). There’s a lot to absorb and you want your full attention.

1 tip. Go stand near or right in the front in the 2nd preshow 🤩

finished it an hour or two ago..... that ride was amazing, I don’t even think that qualifies as a ride in my book, I’d say it was the single best experience I’ve ever had at any theme park. When kylo’s lightsaber came down..... I’ll never forget that. And my dad was talking back to the first order admiral so that was fun

KevinPage

finished it an hour or two ago..... that ride was amazing, I don’t even think that qualifies as a ride in my book, I’d say it was the single best experience I’ve ever had at any theme park. When kylo’s lightsaber came down..... I’ll never forget that. And my dad was talking back to the first order admiral so that was fun

Nice, hard NOT to be blown away by this

I love when R5 freaks out during that part causing his head to spin and make all those panic noises 🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom