News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
Geez. What’s the highest they’ve gotten in a day? Could today beat the record?
With the current park hours (8am-8pm), they actually got up to BG 149 last weekend on Saturday (2/22).
But as for any day since the ride debuted, it would be New Year's Eve with BG 222, which also happened to be the longest duration the ride has operated in a single day, thanks to extended park hours due to the special day/occasion.

I also included the graph with today's progress, as well as last Saturday (2/22) [highest with the current park hours), and NYE (12/31) [highest BG the ride's ever reached]:
1583022069329.png

*something to note is that it operated fairly good on NYE, given the ride wasn't even a month old yet..

We can already conclude that the ride will never surpass this record of 222 simply due to the limited park hours. The only way I can see of surpassing it with these hours is if they increase the BG per hour rate to around 20, but as of now it hovers around 10-14 per hour on a good day.

Last edited:

Greenlawler

1. Awesome that you got to experience it and enjoyed it 👍🏼

2. The BG lottery/system is the least offensive option at this time until the ride becomes reliable. If you think people complain too much now, imagine over 5 hour waits and then throwing in multiple hours or downtime on top of that and you’ll have people in queue all day for 1 ride and not able to do anything else. Not a “magical experience”. BG currently allow you to go about the rest of your day. 😎

Yeah I just don't agree, but to each there own, for sure. I would rather have the choice...

Last edited:

peter11435

Yeah I just don't agree at all, but to each there own.
The thing is that with or without boarding groups the same number of guests would get to ride. So while many guests are disappointed when they don’t get a boarding group, the same number would be disappointed they didn’t get to ride if BG were not used. The capacity of the attraction is finite and they are utilizing that capacity. Sure the demographics of who gets to ride may shift but the amount of haves and have nots would remain the same.

solidyne

The thing is that with or without boarding groups the same number of guests would get to ride. So while many guests are disappointed when they don’t get a boarding group, the same number would be disappointed they didn’t get to ride if BG were not used. The capacity of the attraction is finite and they are utilizing that capacity. Sure the demographics of who gets to ride may shift but the amount of haves and have nots would remain the same.
True, the numbers would be the same, but it would be the case that those who want it more (as evidenced by their willingness to wait) would be the ones riding.

Edit: I'm not actually advocating stand-by, given the downtime issues...

RSoxNo1

1. people have avoided wifi - but technically it shouldn't matter. To date, most people's celluar data has done them well without drop-outs
2. It has not shown to hinder your chances. In theory you are now competing against 'more people', but the gain far out weighs the cons
3. You're not done at that point, but you've made it through the first critical gate. At that point you could still get a very high BG number if you are slow.. so it's not a celebration point yet. Just a great confirmation that you are in GO MODE! So don't lose focus on the end game :)
@lentesta did a pretty in depth analysis about why Wifi may not be the best option relative to cellular (among other things)...

KC00

Got on a bus at POR at 6:40. Got to the park at 7:13. Line I was in had a bit of a issue at the tap point so it moved slowly. Got into the park around 7:35. Waited at Animation Courtyard for a few minutes, decided I needed coffee. Still in the line at Joffrey’s now but I got boarding group 18 using the Demarke method. Thanks for all the tips!

KC00

Also I heard someone yell “we got group 5!” as they walked past me so sounds like they gave out some earlier numbers this morning?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom