News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Soluna16

No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Here’s step by step what I do.

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh [note/edit- you don’t have to keep the phone off a full twenty minutes, that’s just what I tend to do, I’ve had the same results with it off 5-10 minutes]
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)
- if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
- if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
8:01 - Profit!! 😉

Hope this helps!

Worked perfectly, got group 12 using this method.

999th Happy Haunt

Practicing here at home, got through pretty quickly but definitely lost a bit of time picking out the individual party members that will be there with me on my next trip rather than just pressing select all. Is it worth it for me to remove the people on my friends list that wont be there with me? How hard would it be to add them back later?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Practicing here at home, got through pretty quickly but definitely lost a bit of time picking out the individual party members that will be there with me on my next trip rather than just pressing select all. Is it worth it for me to remove the people on my friends list that wont be there with me? How hard would it be to add them back later?

It will save you a few seconds it you could just hit "Select All" - it is fairly easy to add them back later.

KevinPage

Backup boarding groups were gone today at 8:27am. The first backup group today is 66.

The first group called was 5.

I’m telling ya. They must know I’m going tomorrow so they need to kick this operation back into high gear.

They raise the backup group # to what we got accustomed to and they started calling groups almost immediately (no 45-60 minute delay).

If anyone needs to rub my bald head for luck tomorrow, have at it

74D2DE12-1183-46D7-AA06-8A10FCF7009E.gif

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I’m telling ya. They must know I’m going tomorrow so they need to this operation back into high gear.

They raise the backup group # to what we got accustomed to and they started calling groups almost immediately (no 45-60 minute delay).

If anyone needs to rub my bald head for luck tomorrow, have at it

View attachment 452568
I’ll be drinking 🍺 and watching spring training ⚾️ in south Florida this weekend so that should give you even better luck!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Long post sorry....

All right Demarke I trusted you, took your advice. Depended on you for the well being of my two Star Wars fans sons. I spent hours researching this because my youngest two sons are huge Star Wars fans, and I wanted them to experience this. It was not for me but for them.

Here's the play by play of what happened....I am a writer by trade so forgive......

On Wednesday February the 26th I used your process,

We got inline from Pop Century for the bus at 6:20. There were already 30 or so people there in the hotel line. That immediately made me nervous. But we caught the first bus to HS which arrived at around 6:40. They dropped us off, and then we were in line to get in the park by 6:50 with....maybe hundreds, perhaps over a thousand people. It was intimidating just how many folks were there. After the grueling process of waiting in line, we got in the park at around 7:10. Took us ten full minutes to get my youngest son a wheelchair, and get where we were going. Perhaps at around 7:20 we were in line to sign up for Jedi Training Academy. We stood there for 10 minutes. About the time we signed up I shut down my phone as Denmarke instructed. . They started signups around 7:30. We got my youngest son signed up for the earliest show,

At 7:35 we went to animation courtyard because a friend of mine told me that is where the "internet is strongest". I don't know squat about that stuff so I went there. We were there by 7:40.

Once we were at the courtyard, I paced like a cat asking everyone around us what their strategy was. It was clear to me everyone was keeping there app open and using Disney WIFI. I was so nervous....I mean really this is what Disney envisioned? I was the only one there not staring at an open ap.

I mean this was the WHOLE reason we took this quick trip. If we had not gotten on, we would have tried the next day, if not then, well "we blew it". I was trusting this complete stranger because I trust WDWMAGIC.

I was also doubtful about turning my phone off and leaving it off till that soon before "Go Time".

I was so worried I actually started trying to turn my phone on two minutes before Denmarke suggested at 7:53. I have had problems getting my iphone x to turn back on quickly.

My phone responded at 7:54.Made sure my Wi-fi and Bluetooth were off, and I did not hit any button with the exception of the screen shot I took of Demark's instructions. I did not open the app till 7:57.

At 7:57 I opened the app. It took a few seconds to respond. It opened to the home page, at "find out more"....I sat and watched the open app at 7:58. It was a brutal two minutes.

My older son watched his clock and he counted down out loud 3...2...1.. to me at 8:00.

At exactly 8:00 I hit "Find Out More" and the "Join Boarding Group" link was lit. I hit it, and then quickly selected my two younger sons as my ride companions as quick as I could.

It was a grueling few seconds as the internet churned.

And then I was rewarded....

Group #28.

Elation!

My two Star Wars fanatic sons love you Demarke, although they don't know you. BOOM!!!!! We celebrated with fist bumps and that moment was worth the whole trip. I took a quick screen shot just in case something screwed up, and we were all on cloud nine

Just about everyone around us got in, but not as low as 28. I do think Animation Courtyard has better Wi-Fi. Being where the offices are.

The only stress we had was that the ride did not go operational till about 9:30 that day.But we were not that worried at 28.

My youngest did Jedi Training at the 9:40 show and by the time it was over the ride was up, and we went to the que....

When we walked up to the attendant they were actually surprised when i said we had a boarding group. I guess most folks were trying to get in without a group?

My youngest son has lots of issues, so we qualify for the guest assistance pass, so we got on within 5 minutes. And the rest is family history.

But on the other hand....The Down side to me....

On the down side It was horrible watching the people complain.I mean we literally watched dozens of people complaining to Cast Members at every turn. I mean everywhere we went folks were complaining. They had Internet problems, or they got there right at 8:00. They did not know what to do, etc.....

The line for the blue tents everywhere was huge..The frustration, the despair, and disappointment. I understood 100% because that's where I would have been without the Demarke method. I empathized with everyone of the complainers. It's just not fair to the average guest.

Seriously, this was too stressful, the only reason I knew what the Demarke method was because I researched a long time out of stress. Disney should not be like this.

I just do not like this. I mean the elation of "winning" was not worth the stress. The entire reason I took two of my boys down to Disney was for this ride. I bought two day tickets, just in case we missed the first day,

So we went to MK today and had a relaxed day...in spite of the heavy crowds.

I wish I could tell Disney this one thing about Rise.....Just let fans wait for the freaking ride! Figure out some way. Make it fair. Because this lottery just stinks 100%. People spend way to much to come to Disney to get turned away from this one ride.

As far as my assessment of ride goes....

OMG....that ride.....best ride (of it's kind) ever and the future of rides...Total Immersion. I think Disney learned a thing or two from the Escape room phenomenon, I mean the immersion aspect, and put their stamp on it. For once Disney out innovated Universal.

Home Run Disney 98/100

too bad not everyone can experience it based on their choice.

On anther note

We tried Chewbacca mode on SR as well but failed on that both times, the other folks who rode with us were apathetic to our attempts both times lol

That’s awesome! Glad you guys had a good time and got on quickly! You had me going in the first couple of paragraphs, I was like “Oh no! What happened?” The payoff was worth it! haha

007mickey

First off, this whole lottery scenario just sounds crazy. I mean I can't even really picture the scene at 8:00 am with the chosen group "leaders" staring down at phones, frantically pushing buttons, with accompanying family members writhing & anxiously waiting on pins and needles, ugggggh!!!!!

A few questions I have:
1. What is the preferred method - Use Disney WiFi or not?
2. Does anyone think having multiple family members (using same MDE account) try for boarding passes "clogs" up your account and makes it harder?
3. Should you get excited about the "join boarding group" button being available even though you still have get family members added before finishing (seeing as how seconds are ridiculously precious)?

Greenlawler's story should be made into a movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom