News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Was there today with group 63. Got called, kicked off with fastpass right before interrogation rooms, Rise seemed to open again, apparently went back down right when we got there around 4:30, while talking to a cast member with Guest Services a manager walked up behind them and whispered in their ear, right after they looked at us and said, ‘uhhh yeah you’re not getting on today’.

and that’s how my friends and I got a fastpass for Rise for this Friday.
Good to know you’re given a fastpass if your group was called, regardless if it’s backup or not. Could you tell if that was the standard procedure for everyone? I’d guess there was a lot in the 60s and 70s that didn’t make it through before it went down.

butterxcup

Good to know you’re given a fastpass if your group was called, regardless if it’s backup or not. Could you tell if that was the standard procedure for everyone? I’d guess there was a lot in the 60s and 70s that didn’t make it through before it went down.

I know when we got lined up against the wall in the hallway with the interrogation rooms, multiple cast members kept reassuring everyone in that area we were getting fastpasses for later in the day. I don’t know about anyone else who was further back in the line.

When we were talking to the guest service cast member awhile later and they found out the ride wasn’t going to reopen, they automatically started to give us a fastpass for tomorrow. Problem for us was my friends have Universal passes only good for tomorrow and couldn’t return to HS because of that. We asked if we could instead have them for Friday and the cast member said ‘no problem’ and switched them right away to Friday.

disneygeek90

I know when we got lined up against the wall in the hallway with the interrogation rooms, multiple cast members kept reassuring everyone in that area we were getting fastpasses for later in the day. I don’t know about anyone else who was further back in the line.

When we were talking to the guest service cast member awhile later and they found out the ride wasn’t going to reopen, they automatically started to give us a fastpass for tomorrow. Problem for us was my friends have Universal passes only good for tomorrow and couldn’t return to HS because of that. We asked if we could instead have them for Friday and the cast member said ‘no problem’ and switched them right away to Friday.
Did they stay in character throughout the interrogation delay or did they eventually loosen up? Hitting you with the hard hitting, vital questions, I know.

butterxcup

Did they stay in character throughout the interrogation delay or did they eventually loosen up? Hitting you with the hard hitting, vital questions, I know.

They tried to stay in character as much as they could but it was a little hard with ‘rebels’ running in and out of the Star Destroyer and talking about fastpasses to come back later to be interrogated. They tried their best though lol

KevinPage

When our ride was evac’d right at the end scene we all laughed as the First Order CM we saw earlier, who was in character and very stern earlier had to let down his guard and tell us we are getting fast passes and they will come to get us off.

He laughed too as it was a cool bit of irony 😎

SoFloMagic

They tried to stay in character as much as they could but it was a little hard with ‘rebels’ running in and out of the Star Destroyer and talking about fastpasses to come back later to be interrogated. They tried their best though lol
Both times I was evacd today I saw a complete drop of show and focus on an orderly and safe evac. For example, they dropped all references to "data pads" and said something along the lines of "you are going backstage, all cameras and phones must be put away. We will scan your magic band to give you a fastpass for later today, resistance scum"

Hi I still have a few questions that I can't find answers to although I have gone through all the posts I thought it best to ask in a new post:

1) I will be traveling soon with my wife and 3 kids. Only my wife and I have smart phones. One we enter the park does the app automatically know that the boarding group includes everyone that's in my hotel room reservation (given they are in the park)?
2) Does my wife also try?
3) Do you open the app as soon as you get into the park, 759, or right at 8am?
4) When you select a boarding group, does it ask for how many?
5) It is better to log into Disney wifi, set up hot spot, or just use cellular data?

Thank you in advance

The best way to answer #1 and #4 is to...uh...practice from home at 8am ET. Just don't click past the screen where you select the members of your group in case today's issue repeats :) You'll get familiar with the screens and who the app recognizes is associated with your account and when you select them in the process.

@DCBaker answered the rest, but I'll just add that you should definitely have both you and your wife try. First one in can claim for everyone. The 2nd one in will just be told they're already in a boarding group.

MJJME

The best way to answer #1 and #4 is to...uh...practice from home at 8am ET. Just don't click past the screen where you select the members of your group in case today's issue repeats :) You'll get familiar with the screens and who the app recognizes is associated with your account and when you select them in the process.

@DCBaker answered the rest, but I'll just add that you should definitely have both you and your wife try. First one in can claim for everyone. The 2nd one in will just be told they're already in a boarding group.
Yesterday from home, I was awarded BG 39 immediately after I hit "select all" from my party. There was no other steps to take. I didn't have to hit another button to "join boarding group, it just popped up BG 39

KevinPage

So what’s the betting line If they fixed the glitch or they are actually doing unannounced testing to allow boarding groups from outside the park and how they affects operations?

I’ll be trying and getting the 🚘 🔑 ready 😎😎😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom