News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MJJME

I wonder if the park will cancel all assigned BG's and run it again to allow only people in the park to try and access it once they repair whatever happened...…...I know people complain all the time about Disney's IT being really terrible but I think that's an understatement...……..How does a company of this size and scope have the worse IT over and over again and do nothing about it?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I doubt the few hundred practicing at home had an appreciable dent in the 15,000 BG spaces normally given out.

If I had to guess, I would think that whatever they did to turn off fingerprint scanning to get people into the park quicker got mixed up into not bothering to check if they even scanned in.

Perhaps they were thinking to do away with the "you have to be in the park" lottery and just go with a lottery from wherever you are the day of and it got turned on by accident? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, some of you have time to hop on a flight to Orlando...

DarkMetroid567

I doubt the few hundred practicing at home had an appreciable dent in the 15,000 BG spaces normally given out.

If I had to guess, I would think that whatever they did to turn off fingerprint scanning to get people into the park quicker got mixed up into not bothering to check if they even scanned in.

Perhaps they were thinking to do away with the "you have to be in the park" lottery and just go with a lottery from wherever you are the day of and it got turned on by accident? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing how this is going to have an impact. Implications though? An issue like this happening for the first time almost 3 months after opening is a big yikes from me...

KevinPage

oh my god what the heck?? Complete app malfunction?

Combo of 2 things

1. your magicband proximity 🦠
2. Chapek stupidity

3C556B3A-24B6-4326-A008-BCAB4ABFBE37.gif

SoFloMagic

Finger prints were on today

steveNJ

People on other sites are saying same thing happened, so I’d be curious how many are actually doing this

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
#teamfreshstart from Houston netted me BG 36, even with manually selecting random members of my F&F to join the group.

And while I feel bad that I took 4 slots of guaranteed rides, I am not going to lose sleep over it, because:

1. This should make it more likely that folks in Backup BGs get called;
2. This is the fault of Disney's notoriously fickle IT; and
3. Disney has created a system by which you have 30-60 seconds to obtain the ability to ride their newest and most in-demand ride, and for those of us who aren't local, practice is prudent.

Hopefully folks today will get some recourse.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200226-070203.png
    Screenshot_20200226-070203.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 47

KevinPage

I plan to test this the next 2 days and jump into the 🚗 if this is the new thing

disneygeek90

I have a feeling that more people “test” in the morning besides just the posters here. I mean hell, there’s 175,000+ members in the AP Facebook group and there’s questions every day about ROTR. It would be a little naive to assume that all groups gone in 40 seconds weren’t directly impacted by the glitch this morning.

I wonder if they’re able to tell where groups were obtained and remove anyone (if they didn’t remove themselves) that they can’t reasonably assume were in the park and reopen groups?

MJJME

I could be wrong but if i had to guess, i would guess its more than a few hundred

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom