News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

According to some @disneygeek90 has been on vacation in Mexico
Either it's just a slow Saturday, or they must feel really good about ROTR after the good streak the ride is currently on this past week-ish... 😉

Or wait, maybe it's just because disneygeek is mia and far away from there as possible!!
Looks like ROTR has had some nice days without me 😜

Lucky or not for everyone I should be back in Orlando early afternoon!

KevinPage

Looks like ROTR has had some nice days without me 😜

Lucky or not for everyone I should be back in Orlando early afternoon!
AE728410-FD57-4BEA-97E3-90AFB4C22D70.gif

Weather_Lady

#teamfreshstart or demarke?

Fresh start commencing at 7:59:55. (App takes 7-8 seconds to load on my phone.) And I even had to take an extra second to select the kids individually since DH wasn't with us, but it processed much faster than Wednesday when we got BG16. Had a full 5 bars in the RnR outdoor queue today, vs. 3 further back on Sunset Blvd. on Wed.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Fresh start commencing at 8:59:55. (App takes 7-8 seconds to load on my phone.) And I even had to take an extra second to select the kids individually since DH wasn't with us, but it processed much faster than Wednesday when we got BG16. Had a full 5 bars in the RnR outdoor queue today, vs. 3 further back on Sunset Blvd. on Wed.
Nice to see the fresh restart method still holding strong 😍

Finally posting after our (family of 4) trip this past week. I'm very thankful for all of the reports and advice on this board. I followed it for at least a month before going and while it made me a little nervous to know about all the issues, I definitely was well prepared.

My wife and I practiced a couple of times from home leading up to the trip just to be familiar with the process.

She has an iPhone 8 and I have a galaxy s8. We're on AT&T. Turned off wifi and bluetooth. Closed apps and restarted phones around 7:45. She went with Demarke and I opened the app at 8:00. The hope was she would get the BG but I would be the backup in case of any app issues. We also used my phone as the clock (on the lock screen) to watch which slightly delayed my process since i had to also unlock the phone first.

1st attempt was Saturday 2/15. We were within the mob of people lined up for toy story land. Pretty far back right at the corner outside Walt Disney Presents. My wife actually had the gray join button but claims as she selected "my status" the join button turned red. Anyway she could join from status page and got group 13. We basically walked on toy story mania (maybe 10 minutes wait max) and the group was already called (2hr window). Went to our ride and the line started well into the caves. Maybe 30 minute wait? Right hallway, blue. Front AT view. Everything seemed to work but I wouldn't know better.

2nd attempt: Tuesday 2/18. Got through gates a little earlier and were within mob for toy story land right at the giant sign with Woody. Same process but I guess this time my wife waited for a second to see if the join button would turn red. It didn't so she chose "my status" and joined from there. But she must not have had enough coffee because I actually beat her to getting the BG (probably her screens just loaded a bit slower than mine for some reason). I got BG 32. It was called at 9:08 (2hr window). We did a couple things first and headed over around 10. I heard some people saying things about something being down during that hour but I'm not sure. In any case the line started outside the caves so we had a much longer wait (about an hour). But again everything seemed to work. Straight hallway, blue. Side AT view. So much going on it's hard to know what all was different but I think I liked this view better. Of course not that much different in the end.

Loved the ride!

TL;DR - I definitely recommend having multiple people attempting to get BG. We had 2 great experiences and overall great days despite the very high crowd levels. Major thank you to everyone posting here!

Thanks for the tips everyone. Boarding group 33, first in line for slinky dog, and walked on to midway mania. Good start to the day.

How early did you get to the park to be first for slinky dog? I was amazed how many people were already lined up for toy story land both mornings I was there. We actually planned to do slinky first but the line was so long to start that we bailed for toy story mania since we had slinky fast pass for later.

Smillies

How early did you get to the park to be first for slinky dog? I was amazed how many people were already lined up for toy story land both mornings I was there. We actually planned to do slinky first but the line was so long to start that we bailed for toy story mania since we had slinky fast pass for later.

Early - maybe 5:30am? It was a holiday weekend so we weren’t sure what to expect for crowds. We lucked out because it couldn’t have been more than 20-30min before there were hundreds of people lined up behind us. Also 100% of the folks in the park before us went straight to GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom