News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MichRX7

Premium Member
This didn't work for me because the people I was trying to removed "still had plans" which they didn't. But it's a super easy fix if you just queue up for the chat feature on the website. You could call in too, but chat is much quicker.

Yep, I did the call-in method to clean those people up, plus we have a few staying offsite with younger guests that weren't showing up properly. It takes awhile to get 15 phones straightened out with that F&F list. If you have people to add make sure you have 3 things, their email, phone # and street address. It'll go a lot easier on you, lol...

The remove part, just give them the name.

This morning when practicing for boarding groups. I got this error on the bottom of my “Create your Party” screen. Has anyone else seen this error?
D298B412-C16E-48C5-A349-19AC00199963.jpeg

I quit the app went back in and was able to create my party with no issue.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Ok. I know you have said it before but the master must review the #demark method again. (If you have time in that long SDD line😉)
No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Here’s step by step what I do.

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh [note/edit- you don’t have to keep the phone off a full twenty minutes, that’s just what I tend to do, I’ve had the same results with it off 5-10 minutes]
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot (not 7:59:59!) - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)
- if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
- if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
8:01 - Profit!! 😉

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Steve-I-Am

No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Here’s step by step what I do.

7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)
- if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
- if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing the research you've been doing on getting BG. We're going one week from now and I feel so much better prepared.

ImperfectPixie

7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)

Hope this helps!
If that's a South Park reference you snuck in there, bravo! :joyfull:

KevinPage

7:55 - Turn phone back on

As an iPhone XR user, I swipe up and close all programs and then do a “hard reset” by holding down Volume Up & Power button until the Apple logo appears. Never waited 20 minutes or anything and no issues (knock on wood, aka Chapek’s cranium).

Are you saying by doing my method, it’s not really removing all the prior open programs from memory?

I’m thinking we are gonna have to splinter this off into the KevinPage Method, being a hybrid of the Demarke Method 😜😜😜

DANDAMAN1

Hope this helps!

I will be saving this post. Thank you for this. I will follow step by step. Going in June. Hope to ride, but I'm not putting to much faith in it. I will do the "Demarke" method and hope for the best. Thanks again!

Aries1975

Speaking of rope drop strategies, is the line/demand for Jedi training for the kids still enough that you would want to get signed up as soon as possible?
Yes. It is very popular. Remember you need the child physically there. They want to make sure the child wants to be there and can respond to basic commands. We were not aware of this and were waitlisted. If you are waitlisted, you need to stay there (or return 20min before each show) in case someone does not show up. Fortunately, my daughter was eventually able to participate, but it is not the best way to spend a day in the park.

Demarke

Premium Member
As an iPhone XR user, I swipe up and close all programs and then do a “hard reset” by holding down Volume Up & Power button until the Apple logo appears. Never waited 20 minutes or anything and no issues (knock on wood, aka Chapek’s cranium).

Are you saying by doing my method, it’s not really removing all the prior open programs from memory?

I’m thinking we are gonna have to splinter this off into the KevinPage Method, being a hybrid of the Demarke Method 😜😜😜
Could just be my old phone. If I turn off and turn back on my iPhone 7s too soon, when it comes back up double clicking the home button shows the full complement of programs I had open before are still up in the background. I’m not saying that it’s necessary to keep the phone turned off for a full 5-10 minutes to avoid that (I’m guessing a couple of minutes would probably be sufficient), that’s just the routine I’ve fallen into and having it off completely for awhile keeps me from getting antsy seeing other people playing with their phones and de-stresses me knowing I’ve got everything I need to do done and can just turn the phone on a few minutes before opening and have my group in short order.

That said, when we submit our findings to the journals for publication, I’m all for a collaborative title. The challenge will be figuring out who gets their name first! 😜

KevinPage

Could just be my old phone. If I turn off and turn back on my iPhone 7s too soon, when it comes back up double clicking the home button shows the full complement of programs I had open before are still up in the background. I’m not saying that it’s necessary to keep the phone turned off for a full 5-10 minutes to avoid that (I’m guessing a couple of minutes would probably be sufficient), that’s just the routine I’ve fallen into and having it off completely for awhile keeps me from getting antsy seeing other people playing with their phones and de-stresses me knowing I’ve got everything I need to do done and can just turn the phone on a few minutes before opening and have my group in short order.

That said, when we submit our findings to the journals for publication, I’m all for a collaborative title. The challenge will be figuring out who gets their name first! 😜

That’s strange as no matter what iPhone I’ve had (starting w/ 5s), if I closed programs then rebooted, they didn’t show up after that.

I myself would fear a software glitch by turning my phone on that late in the process 😎

Demarke

Premium Member
That’s strange as no matter what iPhone I’ve had (starting w/ 5s), if I closed programs then rebooted, they didn’t show up after that.

I myself would fear a software glitch by turning my phone on that late in the process 😎

Whelp, I’m an idiot, you’re exactly right, I just did a couple of restart tests and I’m guessing the time it caused me concern (the day I glitched) I had neglected to swipe the programs closed before restarting, that’s probably why they were still showing after the quick restart.

Sorry folks for derailing a little bit on the length of the restart, but for what it’s worth, I still like keeping it off for 10ish minutes as it’s worked for me so far (if it ain’t broke), gives me a little peace of mind, and I figure 5 minutes gives enough time to restart again if something looks screwy.

Back to the boarding groups discussion:

FD7847D5-508E-4EF7-9AB1-B6844FA50952.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom