News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Turned off all apps, wifi, and bluetooth. Fresh start. Everything was perfect and then after selecting my party I got the "something went wrong" statement!!!!! Grrr. I backed out and got BG 96. We are going to need a stronger day than expected now. Fingers crossed.
When you say “backed out” did you have to go ALL the way out of the app?

KevinPage

I’d think effects are pretty low down the list at the moment.

Well I mean effects in a super generic sense, incorporating scenes, ride elements, etc, anything that adds to the experience.

So PROPER question is: anything about the ride “experience” giving them fits they are looking to cut/modify?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Take it down for several weeks and fine tune those issues?

They've also had 3months of night shifts too...

im not saying everything can be done during the night shift... but they obviously have a ton of seat time. Andwith this much emphasis on such huge investments... do they not have a mock lab where the heavy changes can be shaken down so onsite work is less disruptive and more about validation... and less about "weeks of adjust"

I'm going to be trying to get into boarding group in 8 days. Anything new tips or things I should know before getting there?

I am planing on arriving 60 to 90 min before park opening. Its March break so I think the crowds will be high. Do you guys thinks it is enough time?

Got all the people linked in my app on my phone, as well as my husbands and my 13 y.o. Hoping this will work for at least one of us.

DCBaker

Premium Member
What is Demarke ? And also, why are people showing up to DHS almost 2 hours before opening?

A user here on the forums. ;) Basically, this is the method Demarke uses for boarding groups below - adjust times accordingly as opening is now at 8am instead of 7am.

Yep, basically I turn my phone off for about ten minutes or so and turn it back on at 6:55:00 and give it time to boot up and make sure I’ve got wifi and Bluetooth off; then 6:57:30 open the app so it has a minute to load but don’t touch anything; at 7:00:00 exactly hit “Find Out More;” the past two days the Join Group button has been available at the next screen, prior tries I just hit check status and the join group button was available on that screen.

Not sure if this matters, but the past two days I have been posting up right in the middle of the open area in front of the display screens and Chinese theater. The theory being that there are less people there to compete with for cell signal and less buildings/metal/tree coverage that could possibly slow a cell signal (I’m no tech guy, but it’s correlated to not having to take the added step of the check status page to get to the join group selection).

The only time I haven’t had join group button available was due to an app glitch and I had to hard restart the app (there were two things different about that day, I think that was the one day I tried waiting a second or two past 7:00 to see if that worked better and was the only day I didn’t get finger scanned at check in, but I’m probably reading too much into either of those having any real impact in causing my app not to load past the “find out more” button that morning). The other five times I’ve gotten in the first three groups of the day.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'm going to be trying to get into boarding group in 8 days. Anything new tips or things I should know before getting there?

I am planing on arriving 60 to 90 min before park opening. Its March break so I think the crowds will be high. Do you guys thinks it is enough time?

Got all the people linked in my app on my phone, as well as my husbands and my 13 y.o. Hoping this will work for at least one of us.

There really is no reason to be there 90 minutes before park opening if you just trying to get a boarding group. If you're trying to rope drop certain rides, then more power to you!

Steve-I-Am

There really is no reason to be there 90 minutes before park opening if you just trying to get a boarding group. If you're trying to rope drop certain rides, then more power to you!
Brisco.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom