News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

factory190

BG 18 using the advice from the group. Thank you. So far 21, 18. Going to try on Friday again.
Update... My son’s wasn’t linked to my BG even though when he was trying to get them for the both of us at the same time and it showed he was already a apart of our “party”. I was surprised when we went to checkin that he couldn’t. Needless to say, a cast member with an ipad was able to look up when we tapped in and then added him so we both could ride.
I did select his name this morning but I wonder if I should have hesitated for 1/2 second more to make sure it registered.

MJJME

But is that a function of less spots available for BG or the fact that it is now opening an hour later? There were a lot of complaints of people not wanting to be up at 5AM to get to the park at 6AM for a 7AM opening. But I would be there are more people willing to be at the park at 7:30 for a 8AM opening.
yes it is at least partially because of the hour later opening but I think that was only within the last week or so

MJJME

yes it is at least partially because of the hour later opening but I think that was only within the last week or so
Less are getting to ride every day. If they moved the opening until 8am because people were complaining it was too early then they should extend the close and call more BG's at night to keep capacity...…….Point is, less are riding each day.........….how many hours per day is DL operating? How does HS compare to DL on a BG per hour basis?

jinx8402

This is a key stat. Hours of operation were extended over the holidays, so they had more time to call groups. Reduce the hours and you cycle fewer groups even if the ride is performing the same.

Exactly. Total groups given out and called to ride has a direct correlation to two things: hours of total daily operation (this is including downtime) and size of each boarding group as only so many people can ride in a day.

Biggest indicators to me are how many groups are being processed per hour vs downtime. There does seem to be a slight increase in downtime over the last two weeks (but relatively steady over those two weeks), but this past week has seen almost half of the of the groups called per hour, from around 10-12 to about 6. Increasing groups from 100 people to 200 people could potentially be a reason why.

Edit: apparently I thought I finished my thought earlier when I hit post. Multi tasking at work got the better of me lol.

Last edited:

matt9112

I would just expect them to put more resources into fixing it and getting it right, open the park earlier to accommodate the large holiday crowds. It's seems to me that they aren't putting the money and effort into fixing it on a timely basis.

Its disney.....this isnt news.

horaceluke

Would it not be logical for Disney to slowly reduce the number of boarding groups until there are only say 12 and try and get the ride running at a standard that eventually they can guarantee group 6 would be boarding 6-7 hours after opening. At this point Disney could start to run fastpass and/or tell people their ride time when they get a boarding group

KevinPage

4pm - current groups called 66-82.

3B2FEDD4-5010-435E-B84B-0F26B8717AC1.gif

DCBaker

Premium Member
West has just surpassed East today, though I guess technically they did a bit earlier as they had a lower start number. West has averaged ~15 groups/hr while East has averaged ~9 groups/hr.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom