News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

The past week is an overall yikes. I know the hour later start is not helping, but it feels like ages since weā€™ve seen the 140s.
0F315E2A-A703-4D88-9D59-CC8D37218181.jpeg

Aries1975

SuperStretccch

Probably a bad idea, but when I go again next month I was thinking about trying something different; getting in line early for MMRR since I probably won't be able to get an FP for it, and while I'm queued up there, attempt to get a BG when it's time.

Of course, still waiting to see how the crowds and reliability fare with MMRR before I decide, and regardless, I may not even go through the plan and just stick with what worked this past visit. Just throwing around a potential idea. Anyone know if there's good cell reception in the Chinese Theater, though? šŸ˜‚

MichRX7

Premium Member
I've got nine :(

I'll let you know how it goes. We will be taking a Minnie Van from OKW around 6:30am (so my friend keeps telling me). That will be this Saturday the 22nd. We go back again on the 27th (unless I don't get a ride which I've already informed my wife we'll be going every morning until I do).

Nice to know I am not the only one obsessing over these graphs multiple times a day. Even though, we do not go until August, we are a group of 13. But we are doubly motivated to get everyone there really early as we have 3 younglings in the mad dash to sign up for Jedi Academy.

Been doing it for months now. Practicing on my phone, hours with Disney getting my Friends & Family straightened out so I can select all. We have a group of 17, and I've dedicated 7 of us to try right at 8am. Four will be doing the open from scratch at 7:59;53 and three trying the "already in app" method around 7:59:58. šŸ˜‚ The other ten I consider "technically challenged" so they get to go stand near GET members just in case. I feel more like this has been a job more-so than preparing for a vacation, lol...

disneygeek90

I'll let you know how it goes. We will be taking a Minnie Van from OKW around 6:30am (so my friend keeps telling me). That will be this Saturday the 22nd. We go back again on the 27th (unless I don't get a ride which I've already informed my wife we'll be going every morning until I do).

Been doing it for months now. Practicing on my phone, hours with Disney getting my Friends & Family straightened out so I can select all. We have a group of 17, and I've dedicated 7 of us to try right at 8am. Four will be doing the open from scratch at 7:59;53 and three trying the "already in app" method around 7:59:58. šŸ˜‚ The other ten I consider "technically challenged" so they get to go stand near GET members just in case. I feel more like this has been a job more-so than preparing for a vacation, lol...
I hope you only have those with you in your friend group so you can click select all at the top.

Also, Iā€™d personally recommend someone taking the ā€œsafeā€ route and opening right at 8am.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

We'll be there on the 27th!!

KevinPage

I wonder if the lead maintaince crew was shipped over the DL to get their ride up and running, assuming the DHS crew had over a month to learn and figure things out.

OR, my totally unproven, NONfactual, pollyanish one tbat......they are deliberately throttling the amount of guests and not overloading the system, in an attempt to nail flow and tminig of guests through all the shows, THEN once they do, slowly increase the capacity.

But since I donā€™t really track if there are long stretches of downtime anymore, it always just seems like they are calling groups at a more lethargic pace.

disneygeek90

I wonder if the lead maintaince crew was shipped over the DL to get their ride up and running, assuming the DHS crew had over a month to learn and figure things out.

OR, my totally unproven, NONfactual, pollyanish one tbat......they are deliberately throttling the amount of guests and not overloading the system, in an attempt to nail flow and tminig of guests through all the shows, THEN once they do, slowly increase the capacity.

But since I donā€™t really track if there are long stretches of downtime anymore, it always just seems like they are calling groups at a more lethargic pace.
For what itā€™s worth, theyā€™ve been at 46 for a while now.

jinx8402

Looking at that, confirms best bet is using cell data. I could almost care less about those speeds (we're not streaming video here, so anything more than 10-15Mbps is probably overkill anyways), but those dropped packets are an issue and a more consistent ping response time. If your connection drops a packet that is going to set you back much more in getting to the next part of the data flow.

DCBaker

Premium Member

There have been at least 3 stretches of no groups being called for around 40-45 minutes today, plus this last one, which has been stuck at group 46 for over 60 minutes now.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I hope you only have those with you in your friend group so you can click select all at the top.

Also, Iā€™d personally recommend someone taking the ā€œsafeā€ route and opening right at 8am.

Yes, spent many a long phone call with Disney getting everyone in the group setup with everyone else in the group. Only people on our f&f list is people that will be there Saturday morning early.

MJJME

The regression in dependability and reliability on ROTR has been a pretty big disaster and I am surprised that Disney hasn't made any kind of statement concerning all the issues. This ride has been open for 3 months and the last 7 days have been the worst stretch it has ever had. I have a trip booked in April and I am very concerned about not only getting on the ride but the overall crowds at HS. I wish I hadn't booked it and if anyone asked my advice I would tell them to wait until the issues were resolved (if that ever happens). I almost cancelled my trip but at the time this ride began showing improvement and was consistently in the 115-140 BGs per days. It hasn't sniffed that in a while Now I wished I had cancelled and waited. I consider this experiment a pretty big failure to be 3 months in and not only is it not improving, it's getting worse.

MJJME

The regression in dependability and reliability on ROTR has been a pretty big disaster and I am surprised that Disney hasn't made any kind of statement concerning all the issues. This ride has been open for 3 months and the last 7 days have been the worst stretch it has ever had. I have a trip booked in April and I am very concerned about not only getting on the ride but the overall crowds at HS. I wish I hadn't booked it and if anyone asked my advice I would tell them to wait until the issues were resolved (if that ever happens). I almost cancelled my trip but at the time this ride began showing improvement and was consistently in the 115-140 BGs per days. It hasn't sniffed that in a while Now I wished I had cancelled and waited. I consider this experiment a pretty big failure to be 3 months in and not only is it not improving, it's getting worse.
I would just expect them to put more resources into fixing it and getting it right, open the park earlier to accommodate the large holiday crowds. It's seems to me that they aren't putting the money and effort into fixing it on a timely basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom