News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Den Carter

How short has the window become these days? Are we talking ten seconds, thirty seconds, or up to a minute? I dip in and out of this thread, so I may have missed it, but I can’t recall anyone saying they didn’t get a regular BG provided they arrived before opening and the app didn’t glitch.

Very short! Like seconds. The couple in front of us at Slinky rope drop got group 15, we (couple) got 73, and the group of four behind us got 87. We all tapped the join boarding group button within seconds of each other.

LittleBuford

Especially since they're cutting major portions pre-shows more often.

I’m glad I know about this from the thread—forewarned is forearmed, as they say. If I’m rushed through the cut version, my plan is to complain and ask to ride again. Has anyone here had experience of doing this? Did the CMs agree to your request?

LittleBuford

Very short! Like seconds. The couple in front of us at Slinky rope drop got group 15, we (couple) got 73, and the group of four behind us got 87. We all tapped the join boarding group button within seconds of each other.

Yikes! That does indeed sound like a lottery. Did you tap the button at 8 o’clock on the dot?

disneygeek90

Oh, have I misunderstood how this works?! Based on other posts here, I thought that the button to join was available precisely on the hour. Is that not the case?
It is, but when each phone has the option available depends on the signal/method used etc. Refreshing the app can take several tries for the option to appear. This is why I typically use the "safer" method of opening the app from a hard close right at the open time.

Den Carter

Oh, have I misunderstood how this works?! Based on other posts here, I thought that the button to join was available precisely on the hour. Is that not the case?

At opening time there's an announcement/advertisement for the boarding group process, which runs for roughly 20 seconds. After that's played out the button becomes available on the app.

LittleBuford

At opening time there's an announcement/advertisement for the boarding group process, which runs for roughly 20 seconds. After that's played out the button becomes available on the app.

If I understand @disneygeek90 and others correctly, there is a way of getting straight to the select button without having to watch the announcement. This is actually the first time I’m even hearing of such an announcement!

disneygeek90

If I understand @disneygeek90 and others correctly, there is a way of getting straight to the select button without having to watch the announcement. This is actually the first time I’m even hearing of such an announcement!
I disregard the announcement every time. Sometimes it comes on 20 seconds early and other times 20 seconds late, but I always just open the app when my clock ticks 7:00:00 (now 8).

LittleBuford

It is, but when each phone has the option available depends on the signal/method used etc. Refreshing the app can take several tries for the option to appear. This is why I typically use the "safer" method of opening the app from a hard close right at the open time.

Thanks! I was thinking of going the “My Status” route, but perhaps I’ll follow your lead given how successful you’ve been in riding this thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom