News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

No. You are missing the point. You go once per week, but a new family checks in every Saturday (theoretically). You are being compared to everyone in a hotel room for every day of the year. For eg...…..A family of 4 comes for a week and buys 7 day park hopper...…...those tickets cost just as much as your annual pass. Then Disney rents that room the following week to the next family and their tickets cost just as much as your annual pass, etc, etc etc......….SO they make 52x ona resort guest than they do on an annual passholder and thats just on tickets alone......…...Never mind the cost of the hotel room, they go to the parks/restaurants/golf courses/concessions/merch every day unlike you once per week...………….They make way more off the resort guest
Aren't there also other AP's going every day too though? Why is it always "the next family" for a hotel room and not "the next AP family visiting from Tampa"? I don't even care anymore about this discussion but it's weird everyone talks about an AP as one person on one visit and the hotel guests as a group that is constantly backfilled. Both groups are always cycling through the parks on a daily and weekly basis.

Touchdown

Aren't there also other AP's going every day too though? Why is it always "the next family" for a hotel room and not "the next AP family visiting from Tampa"? I don't even care anymore about this discussion but it's weird everyone talks about an AP as one person on one visit and the hotel guests as a group that is constantly backfilled. Both groups are always cycling through the parks on a daily and weekly basis.

Why did you buy the AP instead of park hoppers? Easy, you like saving money. I don’t understand how hard it is to realize that Disney would prefer people who buy the most expensive ticket.

KevinPage

How bout you flip that opening night one over to me ;)

Looks like I was a few mins too late.
8A4A3A80-07E0-4187-891D-E3B19FACBC48.gif

KevinPage

Ignore the trolls who bring this drivel up

6E628C9C-C632-481E-8B40-D37865249E09.gif

Last edited:

rustincohle

Additionally, giving hotel guests a Rise FP+ for every 5 days at the resort would likely be more than the current guaranteed boarding group capacity for the ride.

I am really hoping they push the opening back up to 7am. The reports about the 8am openings I've read are making me nervous about my planned trip to take my dad to see the new ride in a few weeks. Of the three times I've ridden the ride, only once have I secured a boarding group lower than 67.

Agreed about 7AM. With that said - there are roughly 35,000 hotel rooms at WDW I believe. If we assume the 100 per boarding group is correct, and that every room on property is filled by a guest staying 5+ days (not true at all, though no one but Disney knows the exact percentage of rooms filling that criteria), then they’d need 70 groups a day for resort guests. That’d leave at least 3000 slots most days for non-resort guests (assuming 100 BGs), which isn’t nothing IMO. I guess it depends what percentage of people going for groups each day are resort guests - again, only Disney know for sure.

rustincohle

That said - my true opinion is that this ride should not be open. The BG system is arguably the best system for what we have in place, but what we have in place simply should not stand for a company of Disney’s standards. The ride should not be open unless Disney can make it reliable enough to not use boarding groups IMO, especially when they have days so pathetic that they don’t even crack group 80 still.

MJJME

The logic is, If Disney had 1 person visit every day for a week, they would 100x out of 100 want to be a resort guest over a local AP...…..The resort guest has to buy a week long ticket that costs just as much as an annual one...….they also rent hotel rooms every day, eat in restaurants every day, etc...……..when that AP holder comes back the following week, his ticket is "paid for" where if its a new hotel guest, they have to buy another ticket, rent another room, eat in restaurants, etc...………..really not too hard to get

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom