News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

GreenEyedChick

I don't have a problem with the ride being open but I think it's disingenuous of Disney to be heavily advertising it. I think if Disney had officially called this a soft-opening, it would have done a lot to set guests' expectations. I hate hearing that people are scheduling a vacation just to ride this ride. It's not ready for prime-time and shouldn't be marketed as such. As someone said earlier, set expectations low and exceed them. Disney didn't take their own advice this time.

Rich Brownn

Did you count?
The Briefing room was much fuller on my last run through than it had been any time before. Also, the line moved extremely fast compared to last times through. (I mean, the line was backed up almost for the entire outdoor queue and we got to the briefing room in 15 minutes).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Always? I’m pretty sure the plan was always to open the entire lands together.

That was never ever the plan except as an internal proposal that was shot down.

DHS was "Late Fall" then "Fall." Then, all of sudden, everything was ready except RotR, so they opened everything but that early (it should have been labeled a soft opening or preview, but that horse is out of the barn).

This makes RotR opening before the onset of Winter, on time. Even though it needed more time.

TrainsOfDisney

DHS was "Late Fall" then "Fall." Then, all of sudden, everything was ready except RotR, so they opened everything but that early (it should have been labeled a soft opening or preview, but that horse is out of the barn).

This makes RotR opening before the onset of Winter, on time. Even though it needed more time.

Yeah I see what you mean, nobody thought Rise was going to be ready in August for Florida. The rest of the land was ready early.

gerarar

Premium Member
Even though ROTR wasn’t ready for primetime when it did open, I’m glad it was still open just in time for the holidays, in time for my trip. It honestly had a positive effect/benefit to our trip....got me and my family up and early almost every day of our week-long trip, which in the long run gave us more time in the parks and more stuff done.

With that said, hope they can work out the faults and issues soon enough so it can bring a smile to more people’s faces!! :)

Touchdown

Red leader this is Red 2!

I was able to ride Rebellion Transport from the Grand Floridian which left at 6:32 and arrived at the staging area at 7:45 instead of having to use a smuggler for hire like in December. I’m located about 20 ft from the ticket counter and will be attempting a wide right maneuver.

FYI Droid Depot conveyer transport to Carribean beach had not even begun start up procedure.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Red leader this is Red 2!

I was able to ride Rebellion Transport from the Grand Floridian which left at 6:32 and arrived at the staging area at 7:45 instead of having to use a smuggler for hire like in December. I’m located about 20 ft from the ticket counter and will be attempting a wide right maneuver.

FYI Droid Depot conveyer transport to Carribean beach had not even begun start up procedure.
Rebellion transport from GF to DHS took an hour and 15 minutes? 😮

And CBR Droid Depot conveyor transport does not begin operating until 8 am. Bus transport only prior to then.

Kamikaze

I wouldn't say 'never'. The original goal for DLR was to have them ready at the same time, but the numerous problems they had set them way back (blame Chapek). Once they realized that Rise wasn't going to be ready any time soon, the decision was made to open the land without it. Then that just applied to DHS.

As I understand it:
MFSR - DLR - opened near the original target date
MFSR - DHS - opened early
RotR - DHS - opened near the original target date
RotR - DLR - opened late

GinaD613

Group 72 (backup). App refresh FAILED. FAILED. FAILED. Had to reload and missed it, despite arriving at park well early enough. No problem catching 6:58 bus from AS movies. Difficult asthmatic walk to security, which went very quickly lines tapping into park were way worse. Rented my ecv. Sat and waited . App FAILED.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Fresh restart failed me 75
Group 72 (backup). App refresh FAILED. FAILED. FAILED. Had to reload and missed it, despite arriving at park well early enough. No problem catching 6:58 bus from AS movies. Difficult asthmatic walk to security, which went very quickly lines tapping into park were way worse. Rented my ecv. Sat and waited . App FAILED.

Did either of you try to just hit "My Status" and then (if needed) swipe down to refresh, rather than restart the app again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom