News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

dizneycrazy09

Right, thats my point. The shorter they have to 'recover' each night, the less reliable it is for the next day (in theory).

Here's the question though: What do they need to do to get the ride to become reliable? Is there a magic switch? I just don't see how this simply gets better with time if you throw in wear and tear.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the question though: What do they need to do to get the ride to become reliable? Is there a magic switch? I just don't see how this simply gets better with time if you throw in wear and tear.

Fixing things that don't work 100% of the time all day for days on end provides more benefit than the harm from the slow wear and tear that causes other types of break downs. And that's what they're doing each night... not looking for a tire that is wearing down, but the reason why, for example, a vehicle that enters a lift doesn't always fully gets locked in each time which causes a full halt to the ride.

RobWDW1971

Just curious how you could tell. Did your group number get called all by itself (rather than as part of a range of boarding groups that were being admitted during the same window)? If so, do you have any rough estimate of how many people were in your numbered boarding
group? Or when you say "my last group," do you just mean the people who showed up to ride at the same time you did, called from multiple boarding groups?
And how did they know it was that one group vs the ones called before with their 2 hour window or previous day FP’s, etc?

TrainsOfDisney

I know why they don’t want to do it ($$$) but they needed to keep the 6 am open. Even with holiday crowds there were less people at the park at 6 am which meant you had a few minutes, not a few seconds, to get a guaranteed boarding group and then you could go ride slinky with a somewhat reasonable wait.

That was an ok guest experience. My 2 experiences with 7 am opens were not good from a guest experience, and I wanted to leave the park asap, and I love dhs.

Personally, I think it’s quite concerning the ride is not ready to properly open yet. It was already late when it did open to BG’s.

As much as I love the trackless ride system, they could have just done an Omni-mover type system and actually had a ride that all the guests could have enjoyed.

disneygeek90

I know why they don’t want to do it ($$$) but they needed to keep the 6 am open. Even with holiday crowds there were less people at the park at 6 am which meant you had a few minutes, not a few seconds, to get a guaranteed boarding group and then you could go ride slinky with a somewhat reasonable wait.

That was an ok guest experience. My 2 experiences with 7 am opens were not good from a guest experience, and I wanted to leave the park asap, and I love dhs.

Personally, I think it’s quite concerning the ride is not ready to properly open yet. It was already late when it did open to BG’s.

As much as I love the trackless ride system, they could have just done an Omni-mover type system and actually had a ride that all the guests could have enjoyed.
I think it’s a bit too soon for a knee jerk reaction that the entire ride system was chosen incorrectly. The ride is beautiful when it’s working. They just need to work out the kinks sooner rather than later.

I know we all want to see this thing operating at its best but it’s obvious that’ll require some patience at this point.

TrainsOfDisney

I think it’s a bit too soon for a knee jerk reaction that the entire ride system was chosen incorrectly. The ride is beautiful when it’s working. They just need to work out the kinks sooner rather than later.

I know we all want to see this thing operating at its best but it’s obvious that’ll require some patience at this point.

First off... I agree. But for arguments sake, when is it not too soon? The land opened August 29.... one would assume the ride was supposed to be ready then. So we are 5 months past when the ride should have been ready to be fully operational.

When is it not too soon? August 29, 2020?

disneygeek90

First off... I agree. But for arguments sake, when is it not too soon? The land opened August 29.... one would assume the ride was supposed to be ready then. So we are 5 months past when the ride should have been ready to be fully operational.

I don’t know what the exact date is but it’s definitely not 2 months. Many acknowledged that it was opened well before it was ready so these are the growing pains that go along with that.

scottieRoss

Do you not like the idea of assigning BG's the night before? prevents crowds in am and lowers the lines for popular rides since most of the BG people would wait until their approximate ride time...……….

The ride was never expected to open August 29, 2000. It was scheduled for Late Winter always

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom