News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

I kept reading all the posts about Kylo B mode and had no clue what to expect. Glad I got to see what it was all about.
When I left the park today (8:10AM) I was surprised that the parking only had advanced a couple of lines back from where I parked.
Normally when I park about ~6:30am I’m somewhere around row 307. Today a few mins after 8 I was in the first row of 310.

UNCgolf

Because people keep trying to stand up to defend this group... that no one has ever seen.

I don't know why you thought I was defending anyone.

What I said is pretty likely, but that's because there's also likely a huge number of Disney guests who aren't even trying to ride/don't care about riding RotR for various reasons.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Long time watcher of this thread, first time poster (in this thread). So, I have cleaned up my family and friends list (after hours with Disney on the phone) and feel pretty good about our upcoming trip Feb 21-29. I tried this morning to join a BG and was surprised that at 7:04 I did not receive a backup group screen. Tried it twice, no backup group screen. 7:05 backup group screen arrived. Did anyone else notice this? From everything I read this would be a pretty long time for regular groups to be available.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Long time watcher of this thread, first time poster (in this thread). So, I have cleaned up my family and friends list (after hours with Disney on the phone) and feel pretty good about our upcoming trip Feb 21-29. I tried this morning to join a BG and was surprised that at 7:04 I did not receive a backup group screen. Tried it twice, no backup group screen. 7:05 backup group screen arrived. Did anyone else notice this? From everything I read this would be a pretty long time for regular groups to be available.

I did not notice that this morning. At 7:01 it switched over to backup groups.

carolina_yankee

[/QUOTE]
Would anyone happen to know what time the Skyliner started operating this morning? Working on my transportation strategy from the Caribbean BR.
7:30am was the scheduled time.

Signs at each Skyliner station so far this week show operating hours to be 7:30 am to 10:00 pm for all lines.

Even resort CMs are encouraging use of rideshare over buses if you ask them. Lyft was flawless for us yesterday. Sweet spot seems to be about 5:45 - early crowds gone and later arrivals not gumming up works yet. There was a long drop-off line about 6:20 according to friends.

DIrk

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Question for the folks going regularly (or anyone else who might know):

It seems like regular groups are gone within 1-2 minutes of park opening, then backups are usually available for an hour or more after that. Is that because the size of the regular groups are much smaller than the size of the backup groups? Or do folks who fail to get a regular group just not keep a backup group?

disneygeek90

Question for the folks going regularly (or anyone else who might know):

It seems like regular groups are gone within 1-2 minutes of park opening, then backups are usually available for an hour or more after that. Is that because the size of the regular groups are much smaller than the size of the backup groups? Or do folks who fail to get a regular group just not keep a backup group?
I assume that the majority of people that are making ROTR a priority for them are in the park at 7, ready to get a group.

Those that are either unaware or don't want to wake up early and are fine with a backup (or nothing) are strolling in well after 7. FWIW, I rolled up today to an empty parking booth, empty security line, and empty tap point at 8am.

KevinPage

I assume that the majority of people that are making ROTR a priority for them are in the park at 7, ready to get a group.

Those that are either unaware or don't want to wake up early and are fine with a backup (or nothing) are strolling in well after 7. FWIW, I rolled up today to an empty parking booth, empty security line, and empty tap point at 8am.

^^^^this

I gotta assume that Disney knows how many people are scanned into the park prior to 7am, plus what’s going on with the ride that particular day and can adjust (quickly) when they start backup boarding groups accordingly (since it changes daily on what number it starts at)

I haven’t heard any reports of people who are scanned in prior to 7am, not getting a regular boarding group (unless it was an ultra busy day or they had some major app failure for extended period of time)

And I’m sure Disney increases the size of the backup boarding groups because they don’t have to guarantee anything & they know not everyone who gets one that late in the day will actually show up, hence why they last a lot longer. 😃

HoustonHorn

Premium Member

^^^^this

I gotta assume that Disney knows how many people are scanned into the park prior to 7am, plus what’s going on with the ride that particular day and can adjust (quickly) when they start backup boarding groups accordingly (since it changes daily on what number it starts at)

I haven’t heard any reports of people who are scanned in prior to 7am, not getting a regular boarding group (unless it was an ultra busy day or they had some major app failure for extended period of time)

And I’m sure Disney increases the size of the backup boarding groups because they don’t have to guarantee anything & they know not everyone who gets one that late in the day will actually show up, hence why they last a lot longer. 😃

Thank you both (and for both knowing who I was talking to)! Been monitoring this thread for awhile, and I appreciate all of your suggestions. Heading there in April with my 5 y/o daughter, non-ride-loving wife, and 67/68 year old parents (who aren't in the greatest of health and who swear this is their actual last time going to WDW). I really don't want to drag them all to MGM at 6:30 just to get a backup group.

MJJME

Let us know what your wait is like - they are really pushing through these last groups.
Thank you both (and for both knowing who I was talking to)! Been monitoring this thread for awhile, and I appreciate all of your suggestions. Heading there in April with my 5 y/o daughter, non-ride-loving wife, and 67/68 year old parents (who aren't in the greatest of health and who swear this is their actual last time going to WDW). I really don't want to drag them all to MGM at 6:30 just to get a backup group.
MGM, old school

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom