News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

bferrara16

My experience today, flawed as it was, still worked. Here goes:
-At Polynesian decided to go bus, arrived at depot at 559. Bus didn’t come until 624 (packed)
-Arrived DHS 640, no bags so cruised through security and entered park quickly using right side of tapstiles
-no slinky FP+ so headed that way, held up outside of monsters inc meet and greet around 650
- turned off WiFi, killed all apps, used Apple Watch to count seconds and at exactly 7:00:00 opened app... opened up quick, had to filter out 3 of my party (not in park) which cost me a few seconds and got 48 in under a minute.
- was called at 1135 literally as doors closed at Frozen sing along (there goes 30 mins)... had droid depot res at 1225 so went there next and finally arrived at 115 (thanks 2 hour window)... got to 1st part around 138... out of ride at 202.
-the ride was worth the early morning. Amazing.

not sure if this helps anyone, but figured I’d share in case it did

Attachments

• A4AA3E62-3BA6-4559-B519-C29923D99798.png
    A4AA3E62-3BA6-4559-B519-C29923D99798.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 102

disneygeek90

My experience today, flawed as it was, still worked. Here goes:
-At Polynesian decided to go bus, arrived at depot at 559. Bus didn’t come until 624 (packed)
-Arrived DHS 640, no bags so cruised through security and entered park quickly using right side of tapstiles
-no slinky FP+ so headed that way, held up outside of monsters inc meet and greet around 650
- turned off WiFi, killed all apps, used Apple Watch to count seconds and at exactly 7:00:00 opened app... opened up quick, had to filter out 3 of my party (not in park) which cost me a few seconds and got 48 in under a minute.
- was called at 1135 literally as doors closed at Frozen sing along (there goes 30 mins)... had droid depot res at 1225 so went there next and finally arrived at 115 (thanks 2 hour window)... got to 1st part around 138... out of ride at 202.
-the ride was worth the early morning. Amazing.

not sure if this helps anyone, but figured I’d share in case it did
I’m sure it was as no one mentioned it yet, but were all AA’s working? Specifically the one at the very end? Trying to be vague for spoilers lol

DennisN

I’m sure it was as no one mentioned it yet, but were all AA’s working? Specifically the one at the very end? Trying to be vague for spoilers lol
As today was my first ride, I'm not qualified to answer but it seemed like all were moving. I don't know if more was expected. There was a lot going on.

Rob562

Good advice, and a great way to shave off a couple of precious seconds in the boarding group lottery. In fact, I think it's finally time for me to call WDW tech support and get them to remove everybody from my Friends & Family who won't be with us next month. I have two family members who came with us several years ago and even though they used all park admissions and I deactivated their MagicBands and cards, MDE won't let me remove them because it insists that they have "active admissions and plans" when they don't! I have to click past them every time I make a FP+ or ADR...

I feel like that Dyson guy who "just wants things to work properly," and nothing related to Disney IT ever seems to. ;)

Easiest way to shave "managed by you" profiles off your account without Help Desk assistance is to actually have the person create their own account, you fill their email address into their profile listing on your account, then once you're friends you can unfriend them. The key is to get them to exist as their own entity in the MDE system so you can split from them.

-Rob

Roxane

Easiest way to shave "managed by you" profiles off your account without Help Desk assistance is to actually have the person create their own account, you fill their email address into their profile listing on your account, then once you're friends you can unfriend them. The key is to get them to exist as their own entity in the MDE system so you can split from them.

-Rob
If you have a computer you can remove them yourself on disneyworld.com It's super easy. Just click on the Family and Friends link under the MDE tab. Then you can update them right on out :)
I couldn't figure out how to do it in the app either.

Weather_Lady

If you have a computer you can remove them yourself on disneyworld.com It's super easy. Just click on the Family and Friends link under the MDE tab. Then you can update them right on out :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but the website won't let me do it - it gives me an error message that incorrectly states that they can't be removed because they have existing plans or active tickets! (They don't.) 🤯

jinx8402

Thanks for the suggestion, but the website won't let me do it - it gives me an error message that incorrectly states that they can't be removed because they have existing plans or active tickets! (They don't.) 🤯

Try removing from the mde app on your phone. I had issues with my parents' profiles on the website with the same error message. I was able to do do it on the the phone. On Android, that is the bottom right most button (hamburger button) > My Profile > Family & Friends List

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom