News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

GabeP

I ran into this problem on my trip as well. It would be nice if the skyliner / bus hours would be clearly posted.

The good news was despite me having to wait for the second bus and not getting tapped into the park until about 5 minutes after open, I still got a BG so the force was still with me!
I was under the impression all transportation began 1 hr prior to park open. I'll be there late next week staying at CBR and would hate to walk to the skyliner at 7, only to be told it isn't running, thus having to scramble to get a bus or uber or even drive there. Are you saying the app doesn't show real time transportation updates anymore?

TrainsOfDisney

I was under the impression all transportation began 1 hr prior to park open. I'll be there late next week staying at CBR and would hate to walk to the skyliner at 7, only to be told it isn't running, thus having to scramble to get a bus or uber or even drive there. Are you saying the app doesn't show real time transportation updates anymore?

I couldn’t find anywhere in the app that told me when the skyliner was operating. What makes matters worse, Disney is running busses only hourly when the skyliner is running, so it’s a big guessing game. My first morning I walked to the skyliner and when I saw it was physically running assumed I could board so I continued to walk all the way to the station before having to backtrack to the bus. I would definitely been on 1 bus sooner had I just walked to the bus stop so it was a bit annoying but thankfully I still got a BG# that morning.

Tom Morrow

I haven't attempted to ride since my first ride in mid December and I'm planning on riding again sometime next week. What's the current gameplan? As long as you're in the park before 7:00 you can get a pass right at 7:00? If I arrive at the parking lot at 6:15 would that be enough time?

GabeP

I did see in the transportation thread that Orlando Parks News posts the weeks' guide times each Sunday. Checking that for the current week, it does show Skyliner starting at 7:30, with buses 45 min prior to park open. I assume those times are set in stone? Seems silly that given the number of people looking for a BG at 7 AM that the Skyliner would begin 30 min after park open, which means that by the time you scan in, you're looking at a backup BG, if at all.

disneygeek90

I haven't attempted to ride since my first ride in mid December and I'm planning on riding again sometime next week. What's the current gameplan? As long as you're in the park before 7:00 you can get a pass right at 7:00? If I arrive at the parking lot at 6:15 would that be enough time?
Yes, 6:15 plenty of time. I did that both days last weekend and was in the park by 6:30 both days.

Kamikaze

Just assume if you're trying to get there before open that you have to either walk the path from the BW area or take a bus. No Skyliner. Buses and boats have been starting 2 hrs before park open.

KevinPage

WARNING, WARNING, INCOMING......

#FirstWorldRANT

Younger daughter has the flu, wife has to work and I committed to helping my neighbor with a cabinet delivery, so no Saturday RotR for me 😱😥😱

Hoping little one feels better by Sunday, otherwise it’s just older daughter and I for Sunday RotR (assuming I don’t get flu by then).

No work/school on Monday, so might make up for my lack of a Saturday ride then.

Okay, yeah......

C1619D60-816E-4838-9EC3-724CF5A1804C.gif

scottieRoss

Busses and Boats actually run at least 90 min prior to park open. Trust me, Disney will get you to the park in time to get a boarding group. When Skyliner is not running, they have Sklyliner resorts on 20 minute (or less) service.
Skyliner operation times are listed at the stations and pretty much stick to posted opening times. My understanding is they have to run wthout passengers for a period before they open each day, so you see them moving

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom