News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Viget

It's been a while since they haven't at least called all non backups, but I would assume that's still in place.

So I have group 67 right now. We've had 2 lengthy downtimes today already. If things continue as is, there are an awful lot of FPs to be handed out. How is that going to work without cascading the problem down the line? Will they limit the number of BGs tomorrow?

disneygeek90

So I have group 67 right now. We've had 2 lengthy downtimes today already. If things continue as is, there are an awful lot of FPs to be handed out. How is that going to work without cascading the problem down the line? Will they limit the number of BGs tomorrow?
Pre backup days when they were having to comp a lot more people, there seemed to be a slight drop off for groups given the next couple days. The fastpasses were being honored up to a week. I would guess that depending on how many groups they have to comp today, they would take that into consideration with how many should be allotted in the normal groups tomorrow, and potentially through the weekend.

Hopefully this thing gets up and running soon though and most with a standard group are able to get through. We also might see them push past their typical 6pm calling cutoff to get as many in as possible.

The_Jobu

to further what @nickys said above....the steps in order:

1) You and your party scan your band and enter Disney Hollywood Studios .... to be safe, be inside the Park before 7:30
2) Open app....you'll see this screen 1st
3) Click Find Out More
View attachment 439479

You see this screen next....click Join Boarding Group

By the way, at 7:53 this A.M. there are still back Groups available

View attachment 439478

Next screen....click on everyone in your party that you want in your Boarding Group. Your Boarding Group will be constructed from your Family and Friends list, so make sure you have added everyone to your Family and Friends!

You'll get this next:
View attachment 439480

Then you'll get this...and you've succeeded in joining/building your Boarding Group! Our group was created at 7:32 A.M. and wasn't called until 7:41 P.M.....you'll see more below

View attachment 439491

Finally you receive this, prompting you to head over to the ride....you'll notice our group wasn't called until 7:41 P.M., and we were given to 9:41 P.M. to make it over to the ride que (9:41 is 41 mins AFTER Park Closing)

View attachment 439492

Once you make over to the Que, you'll scan once where all the CM "Guards" are making sure no one gets in without a BG. This is a holding area just outside the ride; I assume this is for those people who have arrived and are waiting for the rest of their Boarding Group. Then you'll scan again as you enter the actual line....once you've gotten in line, the line moves very swiftly, almost so swift you'll slow down just to absorb the line que....it is pretty cool!

So is the park still open at 9:30pm or is it all shut down except the CMs at RotR?

durangojim

I wonder if once they get it back up and running again they might keep dhs open later just so the people with boarding groups could ride instead of giving out FPs.

disneygeek90

Didn't they like have a maintenance team on standby sitting in the backroom in case the ride goes down?

If so, it would make sense to move them to DL now..
Obviously this is speculation, but if that was the case they should have been training other people at WDW the past 5 weeks and then they'd be ready to move to DL, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom