News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
This is the longest delayed opening (2 hours!!) in it's 1+ month operation so far I believe....not a good sign for those there.. :confused:

Purduevian

Back ups closing at 8:15am was the earliest closing seen since 1/5/2020. For reference this was about an hour and 40 minutes earlier than last Thursday. Since the new year the latest the ride has opened has been 8:21 on 1/10/2020. We are currently sitting at 9:15am with no groups called, I think something big might have happened this morning.

1579183833710.png

Data Source: https://forum.touringplans.com/t/rise-of-the-resistance-boarding-group-data/67455/251

disneygeek90

Back ups closing at 8:15am was the earliest closing seen since 1/5/2020. For reference this was about an hour and 40 minutes earlier than last Thursday. Since the new year the latest the ride has opened has been 8:21 on 1/10/2020. We are currently sitting at 9:15am with no groups called, I think something big might have happened this morning.

View attachment 441602

Data Source: https://forum.touringplans.com/t/rise-of-the-resistance-boarding-group-data/67455/251
I'm thinking they realized that they wouldn't be calling any groups within the first two hours of opening and decided to pull the backups early. There's no realistic way group 150 would be riding today anyway with that start.

disneygeek90

This is the longest delayed opening (2 hours!!) in it's 1+ month operation so far I believe....not a good sign for those there.. :confused:
I am pretty sure that there was a day back in December that it did not open until after 10am. But today very well could have been the second to worse start.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thank you for saying this. What kind of alternate universe am I in where Disney fans are unfamiliar with Deb's site?

Am I..... old?
Yeah, I've never heard of it. My bad for making an assumption. I looked at a few articles and a lot seemed to be written like buzzfeed articles - kind of written quickly to get page views (which is clickbaity to me).
From the article: "The entire park will be open during this period, including Rise of the Resistance, giving you an extra chance to grab that coveted boarding pass." - if true, that warrants much more than a passing reference, so I wondered if someone just wrote an article quickly without much research and made an assumption.

This one article may not be representative of the site (and this writer seems to have started with them in 2019, so that may be the case), but that's how it came across to me.
To be fair, I haven’t frequented AllEars in quite a while. Could have changed for all I know, but that place was the OG for me. I hope it hasn’t gone downhill.
Since both Debs have left, sadly the site is not what it used to be. It is much more social media/Instagram focused (get all new info out fast regardless of accuracy) to attract a younger audience. (Which is why @SoFloMagic thought the site was click bait.)
Beat me to it. Deb sold up to spend more time enjoying life.

Rob562

Beat me to it. Deb sold up to spend more time enjoying life.

She'd been running the site, one of the first major unofficial Disney info websites on the Internet, for more than 20 years. She deserves her retirement.

I've been using AllEars as a source of info since its early days as "Deb's Disney Digest" and "Walt Disney World Information Guide".

-Rob

Purduevian

I am pretty sure that there was a day back in December that it did not open until after 10am. But today very well could have been the second to worse start.

The ride didn't open until 9:37 on 12/21 (5th day of operation). Beating today's opening of ~9:15 by about 22 minutes. Apart from today and 12/21, the latest opening was Last Friday 1/10 at 8:21am. Those 2 are extreme outliers

Edit: According to Touring Plans, Ride opened at 9:23am, only 14 mins earlier than the record.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

The ride didn't open until 9:37 on 12/21 (5th day of operation). Beating today's opening of ~9:15 by about 22 minutes. Apart from today and 12/21, the latest opening was Last Friday 1/10 at 8:21am. Those 2 are extreme outliers
Yes that must have been it, I remember it being right before Christmas. That was likely with a 6am open as well.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

Maybe, and again, maybe it is much better now. It was worth the wait as we headed to another Park until prompted.
Thats not always the case for example right now it is 10:30 they are boarding groups 9-33 and all groups 110 and over are backup groups, so no way any backup groups will get called today and they will be lucky to make all 110 regular groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom