News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Looks like boarding has started a few minutes ago with 13-17. I'm sitting at 54 for my first run today.

On a related note, anyone have any great spots with a plug for me to do a bit of work on the laptop while enjoying the people watching?
If weather is nice, right around the corner from the Trolley Car/Starbucks that are outside tables on Sunset Blvd with umbrellas, great people watching spot!

Mr. Mojo

In the Parks
No
If weather is nice, right around the corner from the Trolley Car/Starbucks that are outside tables on Sunset Blvd with umbrellas, great people watching spot!
That's funny you should say that, because that's exactly where I ended up. I prowled around a few outdoor seating areas looking for outlets but I just gave up and just snagged the very spot you mentioned. Great atmosphere and a bit out of the way of the main walkway on Sunset. I'll go wandering again when my battery starts to dip after lunch.

Up to group 30 already.

rowrbazzle

Can you (or anyone else) offer any more specifics? I'm familiar with standard child swap, but information for this ride has been sparse. All I have seen is that every rider needs a boarding group.

Is it just like standard child swap, with the prerequisite that everyone first needs a BG?

Pretty much. Once your group is called, check in with a CM at the ride and tell them you'd like to set up a swap. They'll confirm you each have a boarding group and ask who is riding second. Just like with a regular swap Parent 2 can bring two guests so they'll ask who is riding with Parent 2. They add the swap to Parent 2 and the re-riders and send you on your way. Once the first group is finished riding Parent 2 and the re-riders check in with a CM and they'll be sent to the FP line.

Jtdancy

Was there Sunday, group 56. Groups were rolling along very well - we were initially called at 1000. We were in line and they were up to group 62 when the ride must have broken down. We ended up waiting about 25 minutes without really moving, but service recovery was awesome. They came through the line giving out free bottles of water and Chewbacca came through the lines (with a photopass photographer) and took pictures with anyone that wanted one.

GreenEyedChick

Looks like boarding has started a few minutes ago with 13-17. I'm sitting at 54 for my first run today.

On a related note, anyone have any great spots with a plug for me to do a bit of work on the laptop while enjoying the people watching?
There's a plug by a table on the second floor of Rizzo's Pizza in the room with the dance floor. Be aware that the plug on the veranda does not work.

Mr. Mojo

In the Parks
No
There's a plug by a table on the second floor of Rizzo's Pizza in the room with the dance floor. Be aware that the plug on the veranda does not work.
Thanks, that was on my short list of places too. It seems several plugs, like the ones I tried in the Backlot Express don't work either.

Slowed a bit on boarding groups, seemed stuck at 35 for a good bit of time. Up to 36 now. Good to hear all the shows are in place and running smoothly so far! I look forward to not having to scroll with one hand in front of my eyes to block potential spoilers on these forums.

TrainsOfDisney

That's funny you should say that, because that's exactly where I ended up. I prowled around a few outdoor seating areas looking for outlets but I just gave up and just snagged the very spot you mentioned. Great atmosphere and a bit out of the way of the main walkway on Sunset. I'll go wandering again when my battery starts to dip after lunch.

Up to group 30 already.

That’s a good spot to keep an ear out for Citizens of Hollywood as well.

FullSailDan

So is it for sure CM comp tickets are blocked?

Back when I worked for the company in 2006 comp tickets were like any one day park hopper with no black out dates, as these were supposed to be tickets you could give out to friends who probably wouldnt know that a certain day wasnt good.

This is opposed to the standard cast member access. Which is granted with just using your badge to get in, and does have significant block periods, sometimes called a maingate. It was advised that if you wanted to visit the parks during black out periods that using one of your comp tickets was a good option.

Not sure if they have changed over the years but important to distinguish between the two, as I'm more apt to believe they will block maingate access, not comp tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom