News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
If you don’t get to see the preshows and you complain to the right person, will they give you a fastpass to ride it again? Has anyone done that? I would be pretty peeved so I’m wondering how well they’re handling complaints.

In my opinion, the ride shouldn’t run if the turntable isn’t working.

If you bring it up, there have been several reports of people getting a pass to ride again.

TrainsOfDisney

Well I knew that lol I’m just trying to figure out how it works

It’s on a turntable.

I’m still trying to figure out where you enter and how when you skip the shuttle. “Directly into the hangar” could mean several different things. Do you still see the storm troopers?

Rob562

It’s on a turntable.

I’m still trying to figure out where you enter and how when you skip the shuttle. “Directly into the hangar” could mean several different things. Do you still see the storm troopers?

If you were exiting the shuttle into the hangar normally, people bypassing the shuttle would be entering from somewhere to your left and walking straight across the hangar. So yes, they'd see the troopers. They also walk straight through the BB8 room without stopping to see the show because that preshow mostly just sets you up for the shuttle.

And one random thought, I'd assume that if one particular shuttle cabin couldn't be used for some reason that the ride control system can factor that into the timing of the preshows. It would just mean a longer wait every third preshow group.

-Rob

TrainsOfDisney

In my opinion - the designer of the experience (imagineers) should have the power to say no the attraction has to close if this is not functioning.

IF the attraction can run without a pre-show, a proper b-mode should have been designed. For example, a b-space transport that’s just a themed hallway with a some lighting effects and a audio that says you’ve been captured so that you exit into hangar having still been captured.

relic827

In my opinion - the designer of the experience (imagineers) should have the power to say no the attraction has to close if this is not functioning.

IF the attraction can run without a pre-show, a proper b-mode should have been designed. For example, a b-space transport that’s just a themed hallway with a some lighting effects and a audio that says you’ve been captured so that you exit into hangar having still been captured.
Sounds highly preferable to walking through backstage areas

disneygeek90

Yeah, bus arrived at WL 6:45, arrived HS 7:10 - got 105. We will be leaving for the airport around 5 - so cutting it close. The main wrong that needed to be righted and my biggest frusteration was waiting an hour for a HS bus when AK buses and Fort Wilderness buses were coming every 15 minutes.
Looks like you should be ok, they just called you!

rustincohle

Hi all, I'm new here - is there a thread about RotR's operations that doesn't allow spoilers? I want to get tips on how to get on board (preferably earlier in the morning - I saw people suggest fully closing the app before getting a boarding pass?) and also to see generally how the ride is doing operationally, but am trying to avoid spoilers where possible.

TrainsOfDisney

Hi all, I'm new here - is there a thread about RotR's operations that doesn't allow spoilers? I want to get tips on how to get on board (preferably earlier in the morning - I saw people suggest fully closing the app before getting a boarding pass?) and also to see generally how the ride is doing operationally, but am trying to avoid spoilers where possible.

I agree. I didn’t want spoilers before I rode either. The problem is if you don’t know a few spoilers you won’t know if you’re getting the full experience or not. :-/

DCBaker

Premium Member

This would be that thread - usually people try to use spoiler tags, but the longer the ride has been open, the less than seems to be happening.

Kate F

Got back from my trip yesterday. Didn’t get to ride this thing because of the stupid virtual queue that put us in boarding group 137 or something and it never got to us, but apparently it got to that number fairly early the day after we were in that park. We only did one DHS day. We tried showing up early too since it was a 7:00 am opening but that still wasn’t good enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom