News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

seascape

Emergency Lyft?
Beginning on January 12th, people who have the Sapphire Reserve redit card get a 15% discount on all Lyft rides. This will be great for the early morning trip to HS to get to the park before opening. Also since Lyft if the app the Mickey Vans use it is why I stopped using Uber.

disneygeek90

Opened app from scratch 2 seconds after the clock struck 7.
230A93F6-350C-48BA-A43F-E17A7E078C5E.jpeg

SoFloMagic

I would pretty much insist on the full experience first time through. However, I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the reported time that this has happened is about 2 hours in total. It’s definitely not the norm and not something that we should be expecting.
Does anyone think they may have skipped the preshows to fill the queue after the preshow? Yesterday they had a delayed opening and 8pm close, so they needed to catch up and it sounds like they only skipped them first thing after opening. Just a thought.

KevinPage

And if anyone wants to know about

#TeamFromScratch

OR

#TeamLoadApp

I clicked on it as soon as 7am hit, even though Disney announcement started at 6:59. People next to me were already in app and tried back and forth refreshing and ended up with 95 (I got 25).

iPhone XR, WiFi/Bluetooth off, AT&T with full cell signal strength. AND I have the MDE app in a folder, so I lost a few seconds just having it by itself and still had no issues.

Good luck 🤩

disneygeek90

And if anyone wants to know about

#TeamFromScratch

OR

#TeamLoadApp

I clicked on it geesh as soon as 7am hit, even though Disney announcement started at 6:59. People next to me we’re already in app and tried back and forth refreshing and ended up with 95.

iPhone XR, WiFi/Bluetooth off, AT&T with fullcell signal strength. AND I have the MDE app in a folder, so I lost a few seconds just having it by itself and still had no issues.

Good luck 🤩
People around me decided to yell for their family member right when the announcement went off and I panicked!! Don’t do that lol!

It was still 6:59, I saw the group was not lit, and closed the app again to wait another 20 seconds. I moved the app out of its folder last night.

Kamikaze

I would pretty much insist on the full experience first time through. However, I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the reported time that this has happened is about 2 hours in total. It’s definitely not the norm and not something that we should be expecting.

Even if its only two hours, its still not acceptable in the long term. Right now I can see it - they'd rather get the people on the main part of the attraction without having to give out FPs/tickets. Giving out a ton of FPs backs them up the following day as well, so its not only an issue about giving away free stuff, but it creates problems with capacity for the day following as well, which can create a domino effect if other guests can't get on that day either.

If I was in that situation I think I'd want to see the main attraction over nothing. But once we are in 'normal' operations, this should not be an option.

disneygeek90

While I’ve ridden the ride 5 times my father still hasn’t been on it. We came this morning for a 8:20 Slinky FP (his favorite ride) and I decided since we’re here, why not try?

Got backup 124 and we’ll see if 1. The group gets called and 2. If it does, if he’ll be working or not when/if it happens so we can come back or not.
That’s not bad at all! Gotta think backups will be open for a while then if they’re usually giving out at least into the 140s.

KevinPage

WOW, what a morning (so far)

- Older daughter wakes up with us at 4:45am and has 101 fever, upset as still wants to go but can’t get out of bed (she’s had 7 rides, she’ll live)

- leave house at 5:30am with younger daughter, who hasn’t rode it yet, cries almost entire 40 minute drive that her throat and stomach hurts. Goes between wanting to go back home or still go to the park. Call wife on phone and almost turned around two separate times.

- We make it to DHS and she’s calmed down somewhat but tired, I have to hold her the entire walk and queue , but by time gates open she’s feeling much better and laughing and playing, (while we wait for boarding groups to go live)

- I get BG 25 and know we have an early morning ride. (WooHoo Team Fresh) Now she’s obsessed with smell of bacon 🥓, so we go hunting for it.

- We ride Aliens, don’t find any bacon 🥓 but our BG is called by 7:45am

- Even though it’s my 14th ride, being on it with her for her first caused me to be an emotional😭 mess. Watching her eyes light up for BB8 & then Rey was priceless.

- As soon as that upbeat music when Poe gets on the screen, the blood🩸 starts pumping (same reaction for me once Finn comes on screen as you board vehicles you get that frantic musical que)

- Before we even get off ride, she wants to do it again. Nicely explain it’s 1x per day now. As soon as we get off ride she already proclaims she wants to come back tomorrow to ride again (you don’t have to twist my arm or ask me twice).

- Hopefully wife and older daughter can make it tomorrow and it will be our first full ride as a family 🤩🥰🤩

OH, all preshows operating, all effects working. Heck, the canon effects I think are better as all little lights and details on them that I just noticed (some might not have worked on a few past trips through) 🤩🤩🤩

butterxcup

That’s not bad at all! Gotta think backups will be open for a while then if they’re usually giving out at least into the 140s.
Yeah I was surprised how low it was for a backup (imo) for the time we got there. At 8:20 I was expecting 140s or up. Dad has to work a few hours this afternoon though so hopefully timing and everything will match up :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom