News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSD Part Deux

This is the line before the tap ins.

Attachments

• 24779EC0-9DBD-418B-B434-3CF1E2092010.jpeg
    24779EC0-9DBD-418B-B434-3CF1E2092010.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 7E26F3E3-D656-4D7A-99C2-81B69945BD35.jpeg
    7E26F3E3-D656-4D7A-99C2-81B69945BD35.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 142

KevinPage

I am fairly certain that having the front or back car doesn't necessarily dictate you in one route or the other. I think it's also dependent on which "wing" you are sorted down the hallway.

For example, Right wing front car might have route A, and back car has route B. Left Wing the front car has route B and the back is A. In one of my rides, I received the back car and was expecting the same experience I had before on the back car, but actually had the alternative route.

So, after all that, I hope they got the view they didn't want lol

Agreed, I tried to get down a pattern over multiple rides and couldn’t figure it out. Heck I remember one or two times our ride vehicles didn’t go backwards initially, it went forward.

Rich Brownn

Actually, I got blue row once and didn’t have the ‘better’ experience. Only happened once though and don’t remember which room I entered for that to happen. Maybe rather than hallway it has to do with which interrogation room a group is put into?
I got Blue today and did NOT get the head-on probe. So I don't think the colors match the layout.

KevinPage

I ended up crying at one point of the ride out of pure childlike joy and wonder. Even after riding RotR, it’s still my number 1 ride due to being so taken back by everything that happened.

13 for 13 with the tears for me. I wasn’t a balling mess, but it’s always somewhere between “welling up” to “is that grown man okay, why is he so upset?” 🤗🤗🤗

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Have you ridden Pooh's Honey Hunt, Ratatouille or Shanghai Pirates before?

I haven’t ridden those, but I have done the original Orlando trackless ride following the challenges faced by the Empire (of the Penguin) and, even though this may be an unpopular opinion, I have to admit, I think this new Disney one is far more impressive! (although, sadly lacking in penguins, at least when @MisterPenguin isn’t there riding) 🐧

Can anyone report on crowd control / lineups at the entrance prior to park opening? Is it more organized or pretty chaotic still?

They were very intent on keeping at least semi-well defined lines this AM (at least back to the ticket booths, not sure beyond there). Before the tapstiles opened up, cast members would go up and down rows every so often to make sure the lines were keeping space between each other.

TrainsOfDisney

I haven’t ridden those, but I have done the original Orlando trackless ride following the challenges faced by the Empire (of the Penguin) and, even though this may be an unpopular opinion, I have to admit, I think this new Disney one is far more impressive! (although, sadly lacking in penguins, at least when @MisterPenguin isn’t there riding) 🐧

They were very intent on keeping at least semi-well defined lines this AM (at least back to the ticket booths, not sure beyond there). Before the tapstiles opened up, cast members would go up and down rows every so often to make sure the lines were keeping space between each other.

Oh good. That’s a night and day difference to what I saw on the 1st. CM’s were directing guests to fill in all available space, I couldn’t believe it and felt like it was really unsafe. On top of that the CM at the tap style was literally yelling at us because we weren’t in a line... we were told directly by CM’s not to form a line and to fill all available space. Was total chaos and made D23 look like a well-oiled machine! Ha.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Gonna try and snag another bg tomorrow and report how that goes. The system limits each person to one bg each day, so same day rerides arent possible. Idk if that was reported here yet
You would if you had read the whole thread.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Easy big fella, it’s 270 pages, no one with any sort of life is gonna read all that. No harm no foul 🤗🤗🤗
Well, someone who jumps into a thread 270 pages in and has the temerity to post "idk if this has been posted" is like someone who waltzes past you in line saying they have to catch up to their family... I call them "thread jumpers."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom