News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
We were going to go today but my friend slept poorly and from seeing pictures of the line right now people are claiming it's worse than before the AP blackout and people are still showing up at like 4am.
It doesn't matter when those people show up, get there at 4am or 6am, you'll get inside the gates before the official 7am opening, which is when BG are open. Y'all will have the same chance regardless at the "lottery".

pocketwatches

I’d argue that a 10-hour line is not anti-guest. Joining a line like that requires agency. It’s a system guests are conditioned to understand.

I think it becomes anti-guest when those waiting too long receive no compensation when they don’t get to ride. Universal, unfortunately, is an example.

Also: a 10-hour wait hopefully wouldn’t exist this far out because most wouldn’t join it at that length.

Has there ever been a Disney line where it was so long it was more than even 6-10 hours?
Personally I think real lines gives the ride "worth" to people. Is it worth 10 hours of your day? For me if you're willing to wait 10 hours for this ride than its worth more to you than me. Its worth about 3 maybe 4 hours to me.
Problem with a Virtual Q is there is no "worth" Its easy to select " Q me" it cost you very little of your time. How many people would ride this twice if they had to wait 8+hours? I would guess very few.

tribbleorlfl

Seriously? Are you that clueless? And I have heard this over and over again from other people. Just completely clueless. Look at the facts. Let's say you are a family of 6 like mine and you are an annual pass holder The 6 of you go to the park every day for the same week I am there in April. Here's what it cost me to stay for the week I am going in April 16-23: $19,460.40.
I need 2 bedroom b I have 6. That does include park hopper but no dining plan. So this does not include the 21 meals I will eat in Disney restaurants over the 8 days or any merchandise or the cost of my cabana rental or the cost of the hop Dee do. Now do you get my point? And don't say "yeah I go every day of the year." Because my family if 6 is being replaced by the next family of 6 the day I checkout. And also the argument of "why don't you stay in a value" is also stupid because this room is filled and this is part of the comp. This is why they continue to build new hotels and cater to the hotel people
Yeah, I'm an AP and I don't even agree with that statement. Vacationers are far more profitable which is why modern WDW caters so much to you. If there was any truth to APs spending more, Disney would do far more for us.

SoFloMagic

The bolded part is the sentiment that many are sharing and it really makes no sense. Disney could have nipped it in the bud early on but instead gave in to the earlier and earlier arrivals, resulting in the stupidly early situation we have now. This is their own private property which they can do whatever they want on. They are NOT, I repeat, NOT powerless to prevent guests from parking and lining up at the gates early. They can prevent them from even taking the exit ramp into the Studios parking lot until the designated arrival time, or they can redirect people out of the parking lot if they try to come in early. Anyone who doesn't comply can deal with the police, it's that simple. It's literally a matter of a handful of extra security CM positions.

If they did not allow a crowd to build up for two hours then there wouldn't be two hours' worth of people ready to stampede into the park, creating a situation much more unsafe than if they just opened the parking lot like normal. The process of stopping at the toll booths and being directed to a parking spot naturally creates enough of a filter to trickle people in, and giving a shorter timeframe prior to allowing guests to enter the park prevents the crowd from getting to large.

Disney is more than capable of handling the resulting crowds - see the traffic on World Drive on New Years Eve. The resulting situation wouldn't be anything even remotely close to that level of craziness and they handled that just fine because they were staffed and prepared for it.

If we want to talk about safety issues - 10,000 people lined up at the park entrance for two hours is far more unsafe than "more traffic than normal when the parking lot opens".
But then they'll just line up at the parking booths or on Osceola, or...

Disney did their homework on this. They wrote out the incentive to be early because that was their goal. And this system does that well.

Complaining about it because of a Friday during New years week that passholders were inexplicably not blocked out for is just nuts. It was a crazy busy day. Let's all move on.

tribbleorlfl

Let's do this! BG30 called at 8:20.

IMG_20200104_082227.jpg

scottieRoss

Read my whole post. Not everyone uses the app months before their vacation. You cannot find this information using the website. Not only that, I know that some Asian versions of the app do not have capability to join a boarding group. I know this because I worked virtual queue.

I agree with the usage of virtual queue regarding capacity. My only opinion is that Disney screwed up and opened the ride early.
Yes, you can find the boarding group infomation on the Walt Disney World website. On the plan your visit to Galaxy's Edge page

ParentsOf4

Give APs one quota a month for RotR might solve a lot of demand issues. Especially at DL. They likely will need to do something as I think demand will always vastly exceed supply here.
It will be interesting to see how Disney handles RotR at Disneyland Resort (DLR).

Guests who have purchased Premium Annual Passes have paid extra for no blockout dates. IMO, it's improper to institute RotR quotas for these Annual Pass Holders (APH).

I acknowledge the merits of your idea but also recognize it would upset a lot of Guests. Your idea makes me wonder if Disney might resort to a quota system for those who purchase less expensive annual passes with blockouts.

jt04

It will be interesting to see how Disney handles RotR at Disneyland Resort (DLR).

Guests who have purchased Premium Annual Passes have paid extra for no blockout dates. IMO, it's improper to institute RotR quotas for these Annual Pass Holders (APH).

I acknowledge the merits of your idea but also recognize it would upset a lot of Guests. Your idea makes me wonder if Disney might resort to a quota system for those who purchase less expensive annual passes with blockouts.

Agreed. They couldn't set quotas for premium passes.

VaderTron

Yeah, I'm an AP and I don't even agree with that statement. Vacationers are far more profitable which is why modern WDW caters so much to you. If there was any truth to APs spending more, Disney would do far more for us.
No need to reply to the braggart. They had been hitting hard on the name calling for quite a while, but evidently were not getting enough attention anymore. Needed to change it up to "look at all the money I have to blow". Must have been getting bored with the lack of reactions and attention to their endless drivel.

You know, if everyone stops feeding their ego by replying to their posts they will probably stop posting. Narcissism dies quickly of famine.

Hint: Disagreement is like steak and wine for them. So, arguing only makes them post more.

Last edited:

DarkMetroid567

Anyone know how/if DAS works with boarding groups?

All DAS guests still need a boarding group, unless you throw enough of a fit with guest relations.

When you redeem your boarding group, you tell the crew member about DAS. They will direct you to a Resistance crew member who will send you through the fastpass queue instead of standby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom