News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Why not do BGs then so everyone gets equal chance to ride?
BG’s during Christmas week? I suppose they could but it’s so temporary why bother, people already had their FP’s booked and are used to that system for the attraction. Easier to stay the course with it at this point now that it’s gotten past the time where they could have really used it.

SplashJacket

Let me answer that for you. Because they use it as FP incentive to sell hotel rooms. Why else would they give you 30 day head start if you book one of their participating hotels? Just to screw over AP holders?

Well yes, but the Fastpass+ system is entirely flawed. The boarding group system is significantly better for both resort guests and AP holders alike. I see it as a step in the right direction having both Rise and MFSR open without Fastpass systems in place.

SplashJacket

"Unlimited" reference means that a minuscule percentage would choose mmrr over rotr even after its been open for years. In other words, Only way mmrr gets BG booked is because rotr sells out. If rotr didn't sell out, a vast majority would book rotr over mmrr. This the "unlimited". Need I explain further?

I do not see the need to compare an attraction considered by many the best in the world to an unopened attraction.

For all, e know MMRR could be even better than Rise! I do not think any of us have forgotten all of the people doubting Rise prior to its open after Galaxy's Edge opened and yet look how it turned out!

The attraction is approaching a month of operation and yet hoards of people continue to wake up hours before sunrise to experience it.

I do not doubt MMRR will be an exceptional attraction, but the openings being so close to one another means Rise will not fatigue much come the opening of MMRR.

The openings between MFSR and Rise are 98 days, meanwhile, Rise and MMRR open 90 days apart. If this pace continued! 🥰

All in all, I would not disregard MMRR before it opens simply because it is probably inferior to what many consider is the best ride on the planet. I do not see a world where both can exist with huge popularity and immense demand peacefully.

SplashJacket

This is not a comparison. Jt04 said mmrr would absorb 25% of rotr demand. That is nuts. Even on this crazy thread that's is pure banana land.

I do not see why that is nuts. Rise has such insane demand currently that the ride's entire capacity is capped within the first couple hours of park opening. A 25% reduction in demand would not make a very noticeable difference when the demand is at the height it is now.

relic827

And then when the ride breaks down what was posted as a 4 hour wait turns into even more. It’s a lose-lose situation for Disney. I don’t see any benefit to moving away from BG’s for the foreseeable future.
Oh I don’t think they should stop the BGs, never said that. I just don’t understand where people get these ludicrous wait times I keep seeing on here. Not saying it’s impossible, I just don’t understand what those numbers are based on.

disneygeek90

What would you prefer? BG or FP and standby? If it was your choice for a permanent policy
You ask questions that I already answer in my previous post. BG’s work well for the time being of highly anticipated new attractions, I don’t see it as a permanent option. While FP hinders the health of a line overall, it is what it is and eventually I’m sure it’ll come.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And this is why they use it as an incentive to book rooms. This is not debatable

And your boring argument fails to acknowledge that disney doesnt have to give resort guests everything for the on property incentive to still be intact. Do onsite resort guests get to break the normal FP limit? Do they get to book multiple parks? Do they not have to wait in lines?

Most of the time... resort guests are on similar ground. They get perks... they arent gods. Here they arent getting a perk you think they should get... that disagreement doesnt make the on property advantage any less than it was before. come to terms with that fact.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
With FP's I'm at home, in my pj's, and sometimes in bed, while booking. I can go back to sleep knowing that there's a certain guarantee in riding our chosen rides on a pre selected day and time.

What I don't like about the BG system currently used for RotR, is that you and your party, have to be inside the park at insane hours (for me, at least), while on vacation. Even then, something could go wrong with the app or whatnot.

What if I get a BG for a time when I already had FP's, an ADR or other plans?

We have plans to visit next May and see if we can ride RotR, since we couldn't, this December due to Disney not posting accurate opening park hours on their official website. Who knows what Disney is going to come up with, at that time? Sigh. 🤷‍♀️

nickys

Premium Member
Just a random question that I’m sure has been asked and answered. When the clock hits 7:00 when I’m there, should I already be in the app or should I close the app and wait til 7:00 to open it?
Based on the experience of several repeat riders on Touring Plans, you should already be logged on the latest version of the app (update it if you’re not sure) and have it open ready before the opening time.

From the MDE home page, click on “Find out More” under RotR. Sit on this page ready.

There are two buttons at the bottom of the page. “My Status” and “Join Boarding Group”.

Crucially, click on “My Status” which refreshes faster, and then follow the steps to add your group to a BG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom