News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Minthorne

Saw our friend TJ from ToT fame, who has now joined the First Order. Fabulous, as always.

Had a wonderful 3rd and final ride on RotR this trip. Ecstatic to get to ride 3x during Christmas Week!

Was TJ's voice back? We were fortunate enough to have him as our First Order member lining us up for interrogation last week and he was great but his voice was strained from all his hard work.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
BG.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
I'm going next Sunday 1/5. What is the latest I can get to HS and get a boarding pass? Thank you.
If you want a guaranteed ride on ROTR, within 30 minutes of official park opening. After that, it's usually backup boarding groups. That usually lasts about 2 hours after official park opening.

Today I got to HS at 7:40ish (6am opening) and nabbed a 142 BG. They already had signs out saying all groups were distributed, which is partially true as regular ones were gone, but backups were still available.

disneygeek90

Well, I just got this. My luck really is bad :(
View attachment 436522

It's currently at BG 132, and I'm 10 groups away. Also the park doesn't close for another 4 hours...so quite unsure why they won't be able to reach 142, unless they plan on shutting down the ride early today..
Oh wow. I would have thought you definitely would be called assuming it doesn’t break. That seems kinda weird?? At 135 now. Maybe sit tight.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Oh my goodness, guys, there is no need to leave at 4 am! Bus left POFQ 5:58 am. BG 72 at 6:15 am. Boarding now.
Bear in mind that today was a pretty unique aberration to the process with apparently 30-50% of those who were here early not getting boarding groups due to a system error. While I agree that 4am may be excessive, IF the system had worked correctly this morning I think 6:15am would have likely been in backup groups, especially with only 90 regular groups and the line at Guest Relations and Guest Exp Team tents still 20+ deep at 6:30 when they gave us group 100.

disneygeek90

Bear in mind that today was a pretty unique aberration to the process with apparently 30-50% of those who were here early not getting boarding groups due to a system error. While I agree that 4am may be excessive, IF the system had worked correctly this morning I think 6:15am would have likely been in backup groups, especially with only 90 regular groups and the line at Guest Relations and Guest Exp Team tents still 20+ deep at 6:30 when they gave us group 100.
30 mins before opening is well within the range of what’s acceptable. It doesn’t take 30 mins to get into the park in its current state.

TennHokies

Left Swan at 6:30am this morning, walked to HS and got BG 118 at 6:55am. Did TSM stand-by (posted 40 min wait , but only took 25). Took Skyliner to Epcot for EMH and fast pass rides till after lunch. Plan was to ride Rise before or after dinner reservation which was 4:45pm In HS. BG called during dinner around 5pm. In line from 5:35-6:35pm and inches away from first ride when we got evacuated through the hanger. My wife and kids were like “wow this is so cool“ as we walked through the hanger, and said “no somethings wrong“. Got fast passes for tomorrow, can’t complain - great customer service! I don’t believe the ride came back up after our evac.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom