News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

PolynesianPrincess

No, sorry that is not a fair comparison. Yes there are pre-sales but those are listed for those fan clubs/groups. Resort guests getting in early for EMH would be a good comparison. However, in the case of ROTR, there are no pre-sales, everyone starts at the same time.

And they SHOULD NOT start at the same time for resort guests and general public. Considering there is NO EMH for ROTR, resort guests are getting NOTHING for this attraction. They should at least get access to boarding passes prior to the general public. Considering what they charge for staying on site and the fact this attraction is not included in EMH...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New record today?

1577124081409.png

PolynesianPrincess

You cant make assumptions... then count them as gold... and then turn around and blame others if it was actually fools gold. You couldnt take assumptions like that to the bank... thats bad form

Your day couldnt be a locked up plan ... it would have to be flexible. To think otherwise would only be setting yourself up for false expectations

But Disney basically forces you to plan your days out months in advance. You can't wait to make ADR's anymore otherwise you might not get a Ressie where you wanna eat... You have to pick you FP's out months ahead of time or you may not be able to ride everything you want. Now with this mess of everyone being able to get BG's at the same time, you could get group 10, you could get group 55. At least with opening BG's early and not having everyone hop on the app at once, you could sort of guess what time your BG would be. Want something early? Arrive early.. want something later in the day, like mid-afternoon? Arrive later. Now its just a free for all. And you can agree to disagree all you want as that seems to be what you do best here, telling people they're wrong all the time.

Parker in NYC

But Disney basically forces you to plan your days out months in advance. You can't wait to make ADR's anymore otherwise you might not get a Ressie where you wanna eat... You have to pick you FP's out months ahead of time or you may not be able to ride everything you want. Now with this mess of everyone being able to get BG's at the same time, you could get group 10, you could get group 55. At least with opening BG's early and not having everyone hop on the app at once, you could sort of guess what time your BG would be. Want something early? Arrive early.. want something later in the day, like mid-afternoon? Arrive later. Now its just a free for all. And you can agree to disagree all you want as that seems to be what you do best here, telling people they're wrong all the time.

I agree with you wholeheartedly but I think it would be an added nightmare for Disney to sort out the resort guests from the day guests. The crowds would be monsters. Until Disney adds FP+, this is going to be the new normal (for a WHILE).

Parker in NYC

Well that's the thing. Disney was doing the perfect thing and rewarding the early risers.
But then a bunch of entitled people complained so they switched to boarding groups at 7 am/park open as well as taking away EMH advantage.

I loathe the word entitled because it's bandied about to the point where it no longer has any meaning. It's the boy who cried wolf of the new millennium.

relic827

Well that's the thing. Disney was doing the perfect thing and rewarding the early risers.
But then a bunch of entitled people complained so they switched to boarding groups at 7 am/park open as well as taking away EMH advantage.
I think everyone who feels that way (rewarded for rising early) has already ridden this ride, probably multiple times. No need to keep rewarding the same people.

pdude81

Its easy to do............Just have EMH in the morning for resort guests only (like they do now) and have the BG's booked when EMH hours begin..........If they sell out, then day guests do not get access to BG's..........If they do not, then days guests get access at regular park opening hours. They could do EMH hours 3 or 4 days a week so both groups would have a (relatively) equal shot of getting access when the park opens

I like the spirit of this idea, but I think if the BGs fill up with hotel guests before anybody day (cash) guests have a chance to get in, that is a new and different problem they don't want to deal with. Perhaps there could be some EMH BGs and backups where those are the only ones riding during EMH and potentially through the first hour of regular park opening. If empty before then they can call the regular groups, and if backups haven't made it in yet they could be reseeded in the lottery at park opening time.

It's a damn shame when the solution to any queuing problem might be fastpass plus.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Its easy to do............Just have EMH in the morning for resort guests only (like they do now) and have the BG's booked when EMH hours begin..........If they sell out, then day guests do not get access to BG's..........If they do not, then days guests get access at regular park opening hours. They could do EMH hours 3 or 4 days a week so both groups would have a (relatively) equal shot of getting access when the park opens

So in your world more than 50% of the people who visit the parks should just be hard blocked from riding the attraction? Because that would be the result of this. All locals and all off property guests which is more than 50% of the guests on most days would be blocked from riding. If they do that, then resort guests need to be blocked from boarding groups on non-EMH days to balance things.

The reality is the way they are doing it now is the best possible scenario given the demand well in excess of capacity. Every single guest has an equal chance of getting to ride, you just have to get to the park early. Any variation of entitlement of one guest type over another is inappropriate at this stage. That will come in time but the capacity vs demand suggests this is the best solution now.

disneygeek90

That’s a ridiculous idea. That would, in turn, make the ride a “Pay (extra) to play” system.

No one is forcing anyone to stay on site. The reward for doing so shouldn’t be that drastic.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Its not 50% since alot of the "day" guests wouldnt get up early to get a BG anyway...........And you are missing one MAJOR point........They need to "reward" resort guests somehow (provide incentive for them to book overpriced rooms). Thats why resorts guests get to book 60 days and daily guests only get to book at 30 days. And yes I know you said it would come in time, but that time is just about now as they try and sell their very pricey hotel rooms for 2020 that are likely below average bookings for this time of year (for next years stays)...............As a separate question, Would you rather the EMH BG option or would you rather FP+?

They do not need to "reward" anyone. Each and every resort guest is still eligible to book their 3 FP's per day 60 days in advance just like they always were. Nothing has been taken away from that. They have a new attraction that has been open for just over 3 weeks now with demand well in excess of the capacity they have available on any given day. They have come up with a very equitable way to gain access that attraction that allows everyone access. All it takes is getting out of bed very early and getting in line.

We seem to be back where this dialog started 3 weeks ago where some feel they are "entitled" to special access that would disenfranchise others. This method is a completely level playing field which is exactly as it should be. If I had a choice, I'd love it if it stayed this way but I expect some time after the first of the year they'll announce opening up FP for both attractions in GE likely starting some time in March and then we'll move to the next phase. The group of Tier 1's in DHS will likely be pretty large at that time to spread things out since otherwise every single guest would chose RotR.

disneygeek90

Ha.....Its completely reasonable. I'm not saying forcing, I'm saying incentive to book hotel rooms. Its pretty much what FP+ is for any of the popular rides now. Day guests have almost no chance of getting FOP/SDMT/SDD..................At least in the this scenario, days guests would have equal opportunity 3-4 days poer week. Think about it.........
Your incentive is being able to book FP a whole month ahead everyone else for all but two attractions in the whole resort.

EMH would still reward those showing up early. If you’re willing to show up early with EMH in place, then there should be no problem with showing up early with all guests. As we said earlier today, groups were available until nearly 9:30.

I think people are forgetting this attraction has been open 3 weeks. If you aren’t willing to get up early within the first few months of this sort of hyped attraction, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom