News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

rowrbazzle

True, and this ROTR process has also ensured we no longer have to hear people on these boards pretend there was ever strong demand for MFSR. An additional plus.

Ha! The demand seemed strong last week. Everytime I looked the waits were too long for me to want to ride. We were at HS three days and I never did ride it. Then again, that I wasn't particularly bothered by not getting to ride it may not say much for it.

matt9112

I will really hate if their solution to capacity is to ruin all the show pacing and reveals inside the ride :(

Uh they do it across property why would they not? Theres no incentive for them. Movie is bombing on top of it so i assume capacity is going to take priority above all else.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This doesn’t increase capacity and is not intentional.

I know it doesn't increase theoretical capacity, but is it related to keeping dispatches ontime? An eagerness to send groups early to make sure there is no delay or cascade?

I would assume the operators have control over the timing of groups moving from each area and there just being minimums to run the show elements? Obviously this attraction is more complex than most others as there are multiple staging points (and groups) to progress through. But hopefully it's something within Ops control to maintain their dispatches w/o the need to 'stuff the room'

peter11435

I know it doesn't increase theoretical capacity, but is it related to keeping dispatches ontime? An eagerness to send groups early to make sure there is no delay or cascade?

I would assume the operators have control over the timing of groups moving from each area and there just being minimums to run the show elements? Obviously this attraction is more complex than most others as there are multiple staging points (and groups) to progress through. But hopefully it's something within Ops control to maintain their dispatches w/o the need to 'stuff the room'
Like I said this is not intentional. This is a result of issues with the attraction delaying dispatches. This causes a backup into the hanger before operations has time to adjust the flow through the transport ships.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Good recovery...

1577077287712.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd say that may have been the case initially, but doesn't seem to be the case anymore. With the current system opening groups at park open time and ample backup distribution there doesn't seem to be a need to get up at 5:30 or stand in the rain in order to ride..
Unless they were to routinely open the park at a pre determined time, before the posted time, for a period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom