News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If nothing goes wrong, they may get up to 130 today...

1576951023956.png

wishiwere@wdw

Interesting that our boarding group, 39, was called at 11:20 and it specifically said that we had until 1:20 to report. It’s now 1:50 and they’re still letting as far back as 35 in?

PolynesianPrincess

I'm not really digging this whole everyone gets a chance to get BG at 7am regardless of the time they got there. With paper FPs, the earlier you got there, the earlier your FP was. Same thing with rope drop. The earlier you get there, the less wait you have for FOP or 7DMT. I would be IRRATE if I arrived at 5:30 and got BG 50 and someone who rolled up at 6:30 for BG 10. Now you really have NO way to plan your day because you have no clue what BG you'll have. At least with the BGs opening earlier than 7, you had sort of an idea where you would land for a BG based on what time you arrived. Now it's just a crapshoot.

TrojanUSC

I'm not really digging this whole everyone gets a chance to get BG at 7am regardless of the time they got there. With paper FPs, the earlier you got there, the earlier your FP was. Same thing with rope drop. The earlier you get there, the less wait you have for FOP or 7DMT. I would be IRRATE if I arrived at 5:30 and got BG 50 and someone who rolled up at 6:30 for BG 10. Now you really have NO way to plan your day because you have no clue what BG you'll have. At least with the BGs opening earlier than 7, you had sort of an idea where you would land for a BG based on what time you arrived. Now it's just a crapshoot.

Except that thousands of people were following Disney's instructions to be there by the park opening time and getting zero chance to ride because the boarding groups were all taken well before the park was scheduled to open. That was unfair and rewarded only those who read Twitter or message boards to know an early opening was likely. It was leading to lots of irate guests who scheduled their whole day to be at the park an hour before the park open, only to find out it opened two hours early without notice to anyone and they lost their chance.

Now everybody has an equal shot to ride if you're there by the scheduled open time. Plus it has the added bonus of deterring people from getting there at 4am. The playing field is leveled to everyone, whether or not you're a nerd who reads these boards.

It's like if Ticketmaster told everyone tickets to the hottest concert are going on sale at 7am on Saturday morning. People plan their day to be up, at their computer and ready to buy. Only to find out that they went online at 5am and sold out by 5:30. That is highly unfair to everyone involved.

gerarar

Premium Member
So today my family and I arrived in Orlando for an exciting week at WDW! (last visit was in May '17)

We went to Disney Springs for the remaining afternoon, in which we went to guest services to claim our tickets and get our park hopper passes ready and prepared. Considering the impending storms for tomorrow, Hollywood Studios seems like the most appropriate park of the four to do on such day.

The kind CM lady gave us a bunch of tips on how to tackle Star Wars. She expressed that we should get there early before 6am, as they will start letting in guests around 6:30ish, to not let the front gates get mobbed with guests.
She also noted that we must all be scanned into the park before official park opening (which is 7am), add all of us to a party and join a BG!
At least everyone seems to be on the same page now and Disney is now letting guests know what exactly to do to get a BG.

Really excited to (hopefully) experience this masterpiece of an attraction tomorrow! Nothing's better than to start your vacay off with a bang! Really need this after a long and stressful semester ahaha..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom