News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

promod1955

For 90% of openings it probably wouldn't be needed. This is because this ride is running wonky
Looking into the immediate future I can see this getting used a ton for openings. Guardians of the Galaxy, runaway railway (maybe not for a long time), Tron, rat ride probably similar to runaway.

Pretty much anything notable under construction. Way better than 3-7 hour lines for everyone involved.

butterxcup

Looking into the immediate future I can see this getting used a ton for openings. Guardians of the Galaxy, runaway railway (maybe not for a long time), Tron, rat ride probably similar to runaway.

Pretty much anything notable under construction. Way better than 3-7 hour lines for everyone involved.
I would be shocked if they don’t use a system similar to this especially for Guardians of the Galaxy or Tron. Those two I feel like are going to be highly anticipated just like Rise and will benefit from a boarding group like system for the first few months before switching over to normal queueing methods.

relic827

I bet they wait until the Christmas rush dies down and remove the boarding group system on January 2nd or 3rd.
Hmm...idk...
I figured they’d just attempt to ramp up the amount of groups or people during the rush weeks and just go back to the present system and pace after that. But I’d love to be one of the first standby guinea pigs, hypothetically lol

promod1955

I bet they wait until the Christmas rush dies down and remove the boarding group system on January 2nd or 3rd.

I would imagine it’s not leaving until they figure out The fixes to run it at 100% capacity. Maybe the fix isn’t 100% software based and they need time to change anything on the mechanical side. I would imagine a 4 hr long standby line right at park close wouldn’t give much time overnight to troubleshoot and/or implement changes.

A lot of people working on this ride deserve a huge pat on the back for their determination and the last two days seem to have been killer. I’m sure their hands were tied but hope the guest smiles offset the stress.

CalebS

I could be completely wrong and don’t mind admitting it, but I would be surprised if Rat required boarding groups

promod1955

I could be completely wrong and don’t mind admitting it, but I would be surprised if Rat required boarding groups
You could be right for sure. If anything maybe the first 2-3 days just to keep “the new ride” rush organized. France is my favorite world showcase pavilion so I’m curious what the demand will be. I’m on the positive side of neutral on the movie.

Parker in NYC

A lot of people working on this ride deserve a huge pat on the back for their determination and the last two days seem to have been killer. I’m sure their hands were tied but hope the guest smiles offset the stress.

100% this. No trace of sarcasm when I say that all of these cast members are doing God’s work. Schedule changes, breakdowns (both guests and the attraction), boarding group MDE crashes (blips, whatever), FastPass distribution, snack service!, staying in character! Applause all around.

flyakite

People are here 5:04. Excited!
17B7FF37-DFD0-44DA-8B6A-7B00DD028F5F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom