News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

butterxcup

Space launch + RotR = a good morning

Attachments

• CC3026EC-1929-48C3-ADB2-4C537CD96D61.jpeg
    CC3026EC-1929-48C3-ADB2-4C537CD96D61.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 147

butterxcup

And after all of that my app wouldn’t load right. Only got 49 which is later than I wanted.

But looking at yesterday’s times it should still work out. 10:00ish hopefully.
Don’t think it was just you. After I got my boarding group the app wouldn’t take me back to the home page so I closed it then tried opening it again. It opened but then suggested I didn’t actually have a group (mini panic attack!). Tried opening and closing app a few more times before it ended up showing my boarding group again. Everyone probably did end up overloading the app slightly but it did end up correcting itself after a minute.

butterxcup

Lol so uhhhh we weren’t rescued after about 5 min and are now back in the hallway waiting for a new room. We’re all just cracking jokes with CM bouncing back and forth with us. Interesting experience for all these first timers for sure.

Edit: group called and entered line at 7:35
Went into first room at 7:46
Just exited at 8:23
Other than the issue mentioned above it was a good ride through and again everything (except that one door) seemed to be working just fine.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It doesn't matter if you're in front of the crowd waiting outside the gates or in the back; as long as that crowd gets into the park before official opening, everyone in the crowd, including the ones in the back, are pretty much guaranteed a BG. Additionally, everyone has an equal shot at an early BG.

At least, that's the way it's been since the new opening procedures. It would take a crowd much, much, much larger than that to delay your entry into the park in time to grab a BG at the official opening time.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It's unfortunate. They are being told not to let people in the park early but then as a secruity hazard they can't let the line spill out to the security entrance.
So the only way they can do that is to abandon single file lines and pack people in shoulder to shoulder, which encourages chaos and line cutting. They need to fix this before the rise of the South American Tour Groups or you are going to see groups of 100 snake there way to the front.
Ya gotta love Tour Group Season :(

butterxcup

It's unfortunate. They are being told not to let people in the park early but then as a secruity hazard they can't let the line spill out to the security entrance.
So the only way they can do that is to abandon single file lines and pack people in shoulder to shoulder, which encourages chaos and line cutting. They need to fix this before the rise of the South American Tour Groups or you are going to see groups of 100 snake there way to the front.
Yeah I completely understood why she was telling people to do it but tourist around me didn’t. One man behind me was particularly upset which of course set off some others. Everyone calmed down after a bit but unfortunately it takes upsetting the wrong person to cause a scene eventually. The cast member should have said something sooner imo instead of letting the neat line pile up for so long but oh well. It happened and hopefully everything keeps staying fine going forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom