News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magic Feather

I think next couple months Rise will only get worse as the rise of the Brazilian and South American tour groups happen with their summer vacation.

they are extremely organized so will make sure to get a lot of ROTR boarding Passes for their groups.
Funnily enough, I have a friend that works for an Argentinian tour group, and they are struggling to figure out how to include it on their itineraries. The constant changing of procedures aren't making things better. They even considered specifically advertising that they would not be able to ride it.

flynnibus

Premium Member

At least now we can say disney is doing what most people would expect by default... as this more closely aligned with traditional park opening procedures.

Let's see how things progress in terms of how early they open up the gates.

In theory if they manage to clear the entrance plaza before park opening... the ideal case will be to arrive just minutes before opening so you have the least amount of wait time before BGs open

relic827

At least now we can say disney is doing what most people would expect by default... as this more closely aligned with traditional park opening procedures.

In theory if they manage to clear the entrance plaza before park opening... the ideal case will be to arrive just minutes before opening so you have the least amount of wait time before BGs open
methinks this could be the idea. But that is a lot of people all opening the app at the exact same time...

disneygeek90

It’s good overall that instead of suggesting 5am, 6:15 is looking more reasonable.

ToTBellHop

I think that’s great in theory until there’s a big pile up right after the parking gate. Even today a bunch of cars were going 50 trying to get to parking after the parking booths as 8 lanes merge into 2. It’s an accident waiting to happen.
Thank God they didn’t put Darth Vader in, then. There’d be more casualties than the Skyliner causes.

rowrbazzle

Talking to some groups behind me. They were at 118 and 119 and scanned in right before 9.

We arrived a bit after 8:00. The signs were out saying boarding groups were closed. I figured I'd load it anyway and we wound up in a backup group, #115. Our group was called at 5:10. I figured if we were called it wouldn't be until late so this was a pleasant surprise. We'd planned to leave the park sooner, but when we saw how quickly they were moving through groups we decided to stay. I suppose we got lucky, but it was a lot nicer than waking up at 4:00am and standing in a mass of people for two hours.

Also, we were able to utilize the parent swap. They first verified that we all had boarding groups. Parent One waited in standby with the big kids just like normal. Parent Two and kids used the fastpass line, which made it go much faster - maybe 25 minutes total.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think that’s great in theory until there’s a big pile up right after the parking gate. Even today a bunch of cars were going 50 trying to get to parking after the parking booths as 8 lanes merge into 2. It’s an accident waiting to happen.

What does this have to do with parking... I'm talking about timing your arrival at the park entrance near opening time instead of being there earlier just to corale on hollywood bvld.

We’ve seen that when there is a full load of people in the entrance area... they seem to get through in less than 40mins tops. And thats with almost worst case. Soooo... if disney opens the gates roughly 30mins early to help get people through the turnstyles... they will have been able to drain the entrance plaza backup or almost all of it by opening time. Meaning, it could be more time efficient to show up then, maybe get in the park in 20mins... and have the same shot at a bg or get one in the first 30mins pretty easily.

Chet Dakota

Security at 440a.

Attachments

• E40B2091-8618-4552-A43B-13D983F5E3A7.jpeg
    E40B2091-8618-4552-A43B-13D983F5E3A7.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 152

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom