News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sure.........Pretty simple solution............You keep all your plans and decide if/when your group gets called. Not that hard...............They give you a 2 hour window for a reason...........Do you want to ride the newest most popular ride in the world or dont you? Let me ask you, what we you choose Neagtive Nelly?

I'll be sure to tag you when we see the complaints posted... they will come.

ToTBellHop

Someone who has plans for the evening.. and must make a choice to keep them or give them up?
Someone who has a limited amount of time left at WDW and has to make a choice on what to see?

It asks people to give up their schedule for something that MIGHT happen... what do you think those people that clear their schedule and then don't get to ride are going to feel like?
Anyone with a functioning brain will have a decision to make. But that’s necessary for any new headliner. Do you get in a 300-minute FoP line? Everyone has plans.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Anyone with a functioning brain will have a decision to make. But that’s necessary for any new headliner. Do you get in a 300-minute FoP line? Everyone has plans.

Yeah, but the FoP line decision has a high probability of riding. The person who has to restructure their whole WDW-rigid-plan has to do so with uncertainty... and could lose out on BOTH plans.

Which alternative has better GR for Disney?
1) Ride ran through all booked capacity, and shuts down for the night
2) Guests who changed their thousand dollar day of plans just to ride the attraction because they were given a BG and didn't get to ride or do their original plan (which Disney also likely charged them cancel fees to change)

It creates a scenario that simply isn't necessary. Don't give out 'maybes'. Give out what you are willing to backup and address with GR when you fail. That will motivate Ops to hit their goals... not "oh they are just maybe BGs... so no harm if we keep missing those goals"

ToTBellHop

Yeah, but the FoP line decision has a high probability of riding. The person who has to restructure their whole WDW-rigid-plan has to do so with uncertainty... and could lose out on BOTH plans.

Which alternative has better GR for Disney?
1) Ride ran through all booked capacity, and shuts down for the night
2) Guests who changed their thousand dollar day of plans just to ride the attraction because they were given a BG and didn't get to ride or do their original plan (which Disney also likely charged them cancel fees to change)

It creates a scenario that simply isn't necessary. Don't give out 'maybes'. Give out what you are willing to backup and address with GR when you fail. That will motivate Ops to hit their goals... not "oh they are just maybe BGs... so no harm if we keep missing those goals"
Does it help or hinder your argument that FoP is presently completely down?

disneygeek90

I personally found it far more difficult to get on FoP in its opening season than people report getting on RotR. I can give my own full opinion in a week.
I've been on ROTR 3 times in the first 11 days. I definitely did not get on FoP that many times in that span. The FP's combined with the mad rush into the land was far poorer of an overall guest experience than it is for RotR.

In this instance, while I'm waking up even earlier, I know once I am in the park there's no rush/waiting in long lines/stuck around screaming kids/lack of bathrooms etc.

ParentsOf4

Congrats! What was your group?

We had plans to go to the Magic Kingdom (MK) in the morning, so we arrived at about 6:25 after walking from Boardwalk Villas (BWV).

The walk took 12 minutes, including getting through security. Once we entered the line to get into Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS), it took another 27 minutes to get through the turnstile. We were in DHS at 6:52. As others had advised, I had the My Disney Experience (MDE) app off until all of us scanned in. I was then able to immediately join a Boarding Group (BG) and not have to wait the "3 to 5 minutes" the Cast Member was announcing.

We wanted to get BG 65-70 so we would have enough time at MK. Ended up with group 58.

After we got our BG assignment, we immediately left DHS and took a bus to the Grand Floridian (GF) for breakfast. After a relaxing breakfast, we arrived at MK at 8:25. They were letting Guests in so we took a leisurely walk down Main Street USA before lining up to await the opening. At 9, we were among the very first to ride Space Mountain. Buzz Lightyear and Little Mermaid were walk-ons, used FP+ on Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean before heading to the exit at 11:30.

We were at MK waiting for the bus back to DHS when our group was called at 11:45.

Got to RotR at 12:40. There was some sort of brief holdup while we were in the queue, but we still finished the attraction by 1:40.

Back at BWV now, resting in the room with plans to walk to Epcot this evening.

Last edited:

Minthorne

Here an update of my experience with board group this am. We walked to the park from BWV. Left hotel at 5:20am.

-Arrive in am at 5:35
-Entered park approx 6:45
-Boarding group 53.
-group called at 11:35ish and we were near entrance to join the queue about 11:45ish
-About 20 min in line
-Small snag at the vehicle load - one seat belt would not register as locked. Took about 5 min to resolve.
-exited ride at 12:40

it was impressive. Most impressive.

bubbles1812

I'm being ridiculous? I'm not the one who turned the WDW vacation experience into a scheduling nightmare... Disney made this bed, they gotta sleep in it.
I like the scheduling. It allowed me to ride FOP 5 times this week, Peter Pan 5 times this week, and Mine Train 3 times, as well as Rise 2 times. I do more with FP+ than I did with the old system. We talked to an ops guy who said guests do 30% more on average in a day.

And the BG’s were great and such a safer process. I loved it. Wish it had been implemented for FOP and hope they will do it for the new rides opening in the next two years.

So apparently another man’s nightmare is apparently my boon. *shrug*

Last edited:

seascape

I dont think my nice made it. she got there at 6:30 and got group 91. unless my ex-sister-in-law did what my wife would have done and gone to Guest Services right away there is no way they made ot before 1:30 PM when they had to leave for their flight. I would not have waited upt their last day to try and get the ride. Please, to everyone else don't be as stupid and wair till your last day to ride RotR. My Bother did tell me my nice had a great time at WDW

PeoplemoverTTA

I dont think my nice made it. she got there at 6:30 and got group 91. unless my ex-sister-in-law did what my wife would have done and gone to Guest Services right away there is no way they made ot before 1:30 PM when they had to leave for their flight. I would not have waited upt their last day to try and get the ride. Please, to everyone else don't be as stupid and wair till your last day to ride RotR. My Bother did tell me my nice had a great time at WDW

We leave for WDW tomorrow morning and I’m going to wait with my son Wednesday while he’ll go with my husband Thursday (the other parent will sleep in and meet up with our toddler). I want to get it done early so it doesn’t strangle our vacation and we’re not stressing about it. I feel badly for your niece!

disneygeek90

They are doing great today (80 before 2:30), but with your niece's time constraints it was asking a lot to be through 90 groups by 2pm.

Some days last week have ended at 80 or 90 groups for the whole day. Though it looks like they'll get much further today.

Last edited:

Rob562

Can you enter GE through TSL in the morning, or only through Grand Avenue?
I went through the TSL entrance at about 7:45/8am on Saturday. I'm not sure if it's open right at park open but it was shortly after.

At park open they force people heading to Galaxy's Edge to go via Grand Avenue. Once the initial rush dies down they open up the TSL entrance to two-way traffic.

-Rob

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Officially fallen behind yesterday's pace (Yesterday, we were at BG 86 at 3:20; today we are at BG 84 at 3:20)... still a good pace overall though... Considering the last group was called at 6:30 pm yesterday, should still have no issue getting through the 121 "promised" BGs plus deep into whatever "extra" BGs they also handed out today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom